Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@itsfi I wouldn't be surprised if it was ๐Ÿคฆ

@lmaster, ugh!!! That would be so frustrating!

ETA: they redesigned the packaging! Available at Ulta.

Oh K Violet Hand Mask.jpg

Yes yes yes!!! @itsfi thank you for the research ๐Ÿ˜™

@lmaster, if there's something that is a "best" for you or other maskers, we have to make sure you have access to it! ๐Ÿ˜˜ Especially with all the masks we keep learning are being discontinued. ๐Ÿ˜‘ @PrettyPaint mentioned that the hand mask is currently on sale at Ulta. ๐Ÿ› Go, go, goooooo!!!  Maybe the Ulta banana ๐ŸŒ mask @Shosh85 intro'ed us to is also on sale?! Maybe that's too much to ask?! ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚

Hahaha!!! @itsfi go go go ๐Ÿคฃ

Oh yay๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ @lmaster!!! This mask looked so good (I picked it up at World Market) and the last I checked, they werenโ€™t carrying it anymore. Time to recheck, ha!

I absolutely loved it!!! @eshoe thank you so so much

@lmaster  Ooooh, this one sounds wonderful! Happy to hear it was a love for you! ๐Ÿ˜

@Shosh85 it was superb!!!! 

Sunday eveningโ€™s masking centered around the Vitality of the Jeju Orchid:

9FA59F52-2F5B-4580-B9E1-BAA47665F0E5.jpeg

Spoiler
the LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Gummy Bear is starting to show up in my rotation more now that I am almost finished with the Original jar. Two years later! The SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads have also been a daily must since my skin rebelled after using an oil serum. After using a facial oil last night (a very light one, too) I woke up with tiny milia all across my forehead ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Guess it is time to readjust things again. 

Innisfree has a Very special (trademarked it appears) orchid extract. Their website includes this information about it:
Spoiler
โ€œJeju Orchid Story 
As a result of several years of effort and research on Jeju orchids that feature the remarkable vitality of being able to flower in the snow, Orchidelixirโ„ข was created.

An exceptional antioxidant, Orchidelixirโ„ข, together with functional active ingredients, works to nourish overly tired skin and treat signs of skin aging in order to yield healthier skin.โ€
In attempting to determine if this extract was trademarked, I stumbled upon some rather brow-raising claims of what might happen if one were to drink other Jeju Orchid elixirs, due to the flowerโ€™s hardiness and vitality...
Spoiler
โ€When you drink this elixir, you physically become as you were in whatever phase of your youth you desire.โ€๐Ÿค”๐Ÿง
I mean...whatever floats your boat๐Ÿ˜‚

The mask itself was a gift from the incredible @sprocketta (many thanks to you!!!). It was a lovely two-piece thick cotton sheet, soaked in a milky white serum. It had a noticeable fresh floral scent that was pleasant and left me feeling like I was vacationing on a tropical island๐Ÿ I left it on as long as possible; as much as I am not a huge floral fan, it wasnโ€™t overpowering at all, and more than anything, brought a smile to my face just because of the person who sent it my way โ˜บ๏ธ

I didnโ€™t notice much tack, just a smooth, cool to the touch face. My skin loved this one, and I would definitely use it again as two-parters are almost always a hit for me. 

Ingredients:

Spoiler
DE5806DD-4108-4DFF-965F-578FAF451A23.jpeg

LOL to the drinking Jeju Orchid elixir explanation. Glad to hear this one worked out so well for you, @eshoe!

I guess since drinking collagen is a thing, it might not be too crazy, @quspork ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ I have a suspicion the collagen would be much more effective, though.

@eshoe Oooh that mask sounds super lovely! Iโ€™ve never seen those versions before !

If you run in to one, I would definitely try it, @Kim888 - the serum and fit are well worth it!

@eshoe, I love the creamy serum in that Innisfree orchid mask. ๐Ÿ’œ It often makes me want to try the brand's orchid skincare line, but I've heard it's heavily fragranced so I'm always a little hesitant; I have a foil sample of the cream so I *may* give it a try later in the year. Oh no! I'm so sorry your skin wasn't having that oil serum. 

Hahaha! I'm making a note in my little noggin of that Orchidelixirโ„ข claim. ๐Ÿ™„ It feels like something to bring up when there's an awkward pause at a dinner party or work event, when those things happen again. I wonder if there will be testimonials of people who have consumed the elixir? Or if there will be some facts on the elixir's product page about it - 98.7% of those who consumed the elixir reported physically becoming as they were in the the phase of their youth they desired. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

I didnโ€™t dig further @itsfi, fearing my phoneโ€™s safety! Funny you should mention those awkward pauses. I imagine they will be here before we are all ready for it, and it will be even more spectacular than we will have imagined. I couldnโ€™t help but read that phrase and think...but what phase is optimal? Where would we want to be, age wise, given the choice? My best life? Maybe 11? I would love to be that age and trying silly sheet masks. What great innocence โ˜บ๏ธ

@eshoe, lol. So the elixir wonโ€™t make the โ€œto buyโ€ list? ๐Ÿ˜† 

Mmmmm, thatโ€™s an easy โ€˜nope!โ€™ @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜‚

@eshoe glad you enjoyed it! I guess things in Singapore are more cutthroat and you need a trademark there!

I fell down a rabbit hole, @sprocketta. I know itโ€™s the internet, but it still amazes me what companies can claim. I canโ€™t say I felt younger, but I did feel quite content!

@eshoe  This is such a nice one! I'm not even a big fan of floral scents, but I didn't mind this one. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Happy to hear it's a winner for you too! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ™Œ

21,372 Replies
testing