Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

Spring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights ๐Ÿ’ฎ

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@lmaster I will be interested to see what you find. @itsfi 

@itsfi  this is perfect!!! I absolutely love over night masks!!! Sounds wonderful!

@ather, sleeping masks have really been a great addition to my skincare routine - good for extra hydration! Do you have ones you reach for a lot? 

@ather, those are nice choices. The Origins one was one of the first few sleeping masks I ever used; itโ€™s also a great choice for in-flight masking. โœˆ๏ธ  YTTP I tested recently and I get the hype. Iโ€™m pretty sure Iโ€™m in the minority of folks when it comes to Jet Lag mask; I didnโ€™t get the same wow results that others did when I used it when it first launched. I read that they recently reformulated that mask a few months back, so I may need to read up more on that reformation.

@itsfi  Aww well 2 out of 3 of my favs is good odds!! I actually am still on my old tube but I have a new tube in my drawer. I canโ€™t wait to try it out! I think everyone needs different things in skincare so if it doesnโ€™t work for you Iโ€™m sure thereโ€™s lots that will work! I actually like it as an eye mask too. 

@ather, agree. Thatโ€™s the beauty of skincare and makeup, hair care, etc too, yes? Thereโ€™s  something out there for everyone. โ™ฅ๏ธ Would love to know your thoughts on the new reformulation of the Jet Lag mask. I like SFโ€™s other two masks, especially the R + R one - it always made my skin feel so refreshed and hydrated. 

@itsfi  Iโ€™ve been a big fan of most of their products actually. Cc me serum is my all time fav. Lip butter balm is amazing!! And lately the cloud cream has been a dream for me. 

@ather, good to know about the CC serum. I have a DS of it but havenโ€™t had a chance to try it out - my skin has responded well to having a vitamin C in my moisturizer with the LANEIGE Radian-C Cream with Vitamin C 1.0 oz/ 30 mL so Iโ€™ve been sticking with that for the most part.

@itsfi  Ooo I havenโ€™t tried that one yet. Iโ€™ll keep it on my list!!

A few masks from the past couple of weeks:

For โ€œNโ€ week, Needlyโ€™s Peony Jelly Mask.

C499F52C-190C-4CAE-BAC8-49BDA4686FA7.jpeg

Spoiler
The Alpyn Wild Huckleberry 8-Acid Polishing Peel Mask is a repeat and great for a quick, 5-minute solution to smoothed skin. I am always careful to set the timer for this one; I have regretted the times I havenโ€™t! I am still on my first jar of the Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask Original, and decided to give my sister the gratis I received to try for National Lipstick Day. She wouldnโ€™t buy this for herself, and it is too good not to share ๐Ÿ™‚

The Needly Peony Jelly Mask, besides peony, has a few other floral extracts including honeysuckle and orange flower. It was amusing then, when I opened it to detect something that reminded me more ofโ€ฆfeet? It was fleeting and dissipated almost immediately. The sheet itself was absolutely drenched in a thick, slightly opaque jelly serum. The consistency was just right and what I would expect based on the description.I left this on for at least 45 minutes, and could have left it on longer as it was so comfortable. Would 100% repurchase. I finished with the Alpyn Calming Mask with Melatonin. This is my second bottle and it is one I will likely repurchase again. It feels lightweight and bouncy, leaving my skin softly matte in the evening and well-hydrated throughout the night.  

Ingredients:
Spoiler
Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Niacinamide, Methylpropanediol, Butylene-Glycol, Panthenol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Phenyl Trimethicone, Paeonia Albiflora Flower Extract, Trehalose, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Allantoin, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Achillea Millefolium Flower Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Milk Protein Extract, Sodium Polyacrylate Starch, Xanthan Gum, Glyceryl Caprylate, Carbomer, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Glutathione, Ethylhexylglycerin, Citric Acid, Pantolactone, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA

For the โ€œHi-Loโ€ theme, one of my favorite budget-friendly sheet and a gently hydrating wash-off mask.

AA83CB30-57A5-492F-87CE-3AE7F0EF7CCD.jpeg

Spoiler
The Suqqu Moisture Rich Mask is a thick, rich jelly wash-off that is subtly rose-scented. It can be used as an overnight mask for deep hydration, although I prefer to use other sleeping masks and reserve this for an evening masking treat. The Etude House Ceramide mask has been a weekly standard for awhile now. Most nights I lack the time to analyze and take detailed notes about various sheet masks. I still want to sheet mask, so having a stash of these ensures my skin is happy no matter how much time I have. Extremely friendly on the wallet and the skin? Yes, please!

Finally, the Eminence Organics Rosehip & Lemongrass Lip Balm SPF 15 is packed with essential oils and bears a soft scent of lemongrass. It is a rather solid balm, not very emollient, yet it deposits a nearly immovable layer of protection on the lips. It far exceeds other balms I have used in terms of longevity, which makes it a great option for days outside in the sun. This is one for my sun bag next year! 
Spoiler

Active: Zinc Oxide 3.5%.

Inactive: Olive Oil*, Beeswax*, Calendula*, Comfrey*, Lavender*, Plantain*, Yarrow*, Rosehip Oil*, Lemongrass Essential Oil*, Tangerine Essential Oil*, Lemon Essential Oil*, Vitamin E, Phytosterols, Squalene, Monoglycerides, Sunflower Oil.

For this weekโ€™s โ€œMasks that Make You Hungryโ€ theme, although they arenโ€™t specific to fall/winter, they still make me hungry ๐Ÿ˜„

DCD6B56B-AE74-4616-AE68-FDB89E5F8EE7.jpeg

โ€ƒ

Spoiler
I was hoping to find a cranberry mask in my stash, reminding me of how much I miss the SkinFood Cranberry Mask. I have not tried their new versions, although the Apricot looks appealing. I believe @itsfi picked up a variety pack of the more recent masksโ€ฆcurious if they are just as delicious!

Instead, I went with what I had on hand. First, a CVS Chocolate and Coffee Self-Warming Detox Mask. This is a medium-light brown and rather thin for a clay wash-off. The scent reminded me of processed baking cocoa. It was ok, and wasnโ€™t overpowering at all. I did not feel any warming until I rinsed it off 15 minutes later (it did not dry down). My skin felt softer after using it, but I am not certain that is the aim of a detox mask. Not terrible, but not as good as the discontinued MissSpa Chocolate Clay mask. 

For โ€œOโ€ I used the Orchid Under Youth Eye Masks beneath the Vitamasque C Cherry Mask. I found the eye gels in the Motm box and was thrilled to find them so comfortable and hydrating. They have a soft felt exterior, with a sea blue bouncy gel interior that applies to the skin. They remind me of the Skyn Iceland masks, only better. Would 100% use these again; thank you to whoever placed them in the box!

The Vitamasque had an artificially sweet cherry scent, which I loved. It did not last, but was a great way to start. The fit was decent; no snips, but a chin flap that refused to stay put. I left it on around 20 minutes, removed, and let me skin rest another 15. It still felt slightly tacky, but nothing crazy. Although this one was decent, it is my second favorite behind the Lychee version.

The Fizz & Bubble Lip Scrub in Birthday Cake looks and smells scrumptious. It helped exfoliate my peeling lips after an unusual reaction to my Strawberry Lanolips. I had not used the Lanolips in a couple of months, and after using it a couple of times, found my lips quite irritated. Maybe it is the change in weather, who knows. Thank goodness for yummy lip scrubs to restore order!

Speaking of strawberry, @sprocketta (thank you, lovely!) sent me this lovely little tube of SEPHORA COLLECTION Lip Sleeping Mask Strawberry this week after we chatted about it recently. It has a sweet, candy strawberry scent, and a glossy finish. Although it doesnโ€™t last throughout the night, I find myself reaching for it throughout the day as it is so fun to use. This will come in handy during the next few months, as I have already discovered my lips need extra care this time of year:)

@eshoe 

The Eminence lip balm sounds good.

It has a beautiful scent, @missy94612. It is a little odd as it feels like not much goes on when applying, but it keeps my lips soft for a few hours, so I am happy with it! 

@eshoe  The Peony mask sounds great, but I giggled when I read it smelled like feet! ...... if it smelled like my husband's feet it'd be a definite no for me! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Love that Etude House mask too! It's one of my favorite from the line! Happy to hear it was a good one for you!

I think I bought almost all the Vitamasque masks from that line, plus a couple 3-step ones, but have only tried one so far - sounds like they're turning out pretty good for you! I also just noticed that Walmart has started to sell them too!

@Shosh85 not sure what it says about my nose, but that is the best description, unfortunately ๐Ÿ˜† You had me laughing about your husbandโ€™s feet, I think that could be said here, too ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have you tried the Sapphire one? I am interested in that one but it is only available online (for me, anyways). 

@eshoe - omg, it smelled like feet?! That's definitely memorable.

Just in the slightest, @eshores๐Ÿ˜ณ I have to wonder if the packaging is tainting the scents on masks that are nearing their expiration. I did not check it on this one, but it is just a hunch.

@eshoe, thatโ€™s so interesting about the CVS chocolate mask warming up when you rinsed it off; it must have something to do with the water activating the thermal effect. That makes sense. Nice to hear you experienced the warming though. I donโ€™t recall that happening when I tried this mask; may need to revisit this another time. ๐Ÿค” 

It is possible that I already felt warm, so the mask had to be extra intense for me to notice, @itsfi ๐Ÿ˜… 

@eshoe good to know the feet smelling mask is a repurchase ๐Ÿ˜† 

Ha ha @lmaster! I think the is was in a Facetory box, if you have it Iโ€™m curious to see what you get from the scent๐Ÿ˜‰

21,372 Replies
testing