Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2024 Masking Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

6ADE6F2B-300D-4DE5-8A89-DEBA0CC45743.gif

Welcome to the 2024 Masking Challenge! 

This year is going to be a little different - simplified. Easy. Every month will have a new theme, and that's it. Feel free to join in whenever and wherever. Most importantly - have fun!

March Madness
 - Competition is in the air. Find a worthy dupe of a ๐Ÿ’ฐmask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!

Spoiler
JanuaryFresh Starts - Time for a re-set, or morning masking? However you see it, this month is all about new beginnings.
FebruaryWinter Love - Whether it's a mask you adore, or something extra-special to care for dry winter skin, this month is for some soothing TLC.
MarchMarch Madness - Competition is in the air! Find a $ dupe of a $$$ mask that is share-worthy? Or find a dupe that works even better than the original? Details, please!
AprilSpring Fling - Baskets and bouquets, showers of much-anticipated rain...this month's focus is herbal and floral sensory delights.
MayDew Drops - May Day lore says to wash your face in the dew you collect in the morning of the first day of May for radiant skin. This month is for absorbing all of that good-for-you H2O.
JuneSummer Sunshine - Ice cream, sunglasses, SPF, check! Once the sun is down (or before it's up), extra care is most necessary. How do you give your skin cooling repair?

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, fit, adherence, mask type (hydrating, brightening, exfoliating, detox, sleeping, etc.) as well as your overall experience.

Most importantly: Would you repurchase it? 

Second most important: Have fun and merry masking!

2023 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
2022p1.png
2022p2.png
2022p3.png
2022p4.png

2022 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
JAN - MAR.pngAPR - JUN.pngJUL - SEP.pngOct-Dec.png

2021 Mask of the Week Challenge

Spoiler
motw1.pngmotw2.pngmotw3.png

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125   

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks๐Ÿ’—

Re: ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Œ 2023 Mask of the Week Challenge ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ’–

@Mellmars1185  Yes they did! I always need extra moisture so adding it after the detox is definitely helpful!

Last bit of catching up. 

K for kimchi, vitamin K, Korean and Kang

I love kimchi, a traditional Korean side dish packed with vitamin K. It's great on its own, on avocado toast ๐Ÿ˜‹โฌ‡๏ธ, and as the star ingredient in Kimchi Daily Vegi Mask from Yadah, woman-founded and owned Korean beauty brand, started by Anna Kang after all the time she spent searching for products to help her child who was experiencing breakouts. 

kimchi ... mmmm!kimchi ... mmmm!

My thoughts on the mask
Spoiler
Let me say first that the mask did not smell like kimchi. I don't actually pick up any scent from this soft, thin, cellulose sheet that adheres beautifully, feeling like "second skin".  The unscented essence is a clear, slightly viscous, quick absorbing liquid - thin-ish but not runny or dripping. Like most sheet masks, the openings for the eyes and mouth are a bit narrow and there's extra material at the chin / jawline, but these fit issues can be easily addressed with a few incisions here and there. Skin is left looking and feeling soft and hydrated with a lovely bounciness to it. This mask makes for a great daily sheet mask as well as a pre-makeup primer mask

Now that is some excellent food/mask matching, @itsfi! And now I'm hungry... But the mask sounds great too ๐Ÿ˜†

@quspork, I rarely pass up an opportunity to have kimchi, so when I saw the kimchi mask in my mask bin, I knew a food pairing was in order. ๐Ÿ˜† 

Thereโ€™s a wine mask in this series that I have yet to use. ๐Ÿท Iโ€™ve paired the kombucha mask with kombucha so it seems like a wine pairing is a must. ๐Ÿ˜ I may have to take my time trying wines for the pairing; I wouldnโ€™t want to get it wrong after all. lol.

mmmmmm, kimchi @itsfi! This looks like the spicy variety, too ๐Ÿ˜ It is nice to know that the sheet mask lacked the scent of fermented cabbage, though - can't say I would be running to try that! I do love the idea of adding it to your toast like this. I have some in my fridge, and although it isn't fresh from the farmer's market, it looks like a delicious treat that I want to try.  

@eshoe, it was definitely a plus this was not kimchi-scented; all for added fragrance in this one. 

@itsfi  Yum! I've never had the chance to try Kimchi, but this looks soooo good! The mask sounds so nice! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Shosh85, I get on these avocado toast kicks, and am always interested in trying different toppings with it. ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

@itsfi That looks like a cool mask. I like the pairing of the mask with the kimchi. Kimchi on avacodo toast looks and sounds deelicous!

@Mellmars1185, Yadah makes some solid masks; good for daily use. Their snail one was a huge hit a few years back and was how many of us here heard of the brand. I rarely get to a TJ Maxx or Marshallโ€™s these days, but they often carried 10-sheet boxes of various Yadah masks. Maybe Winners might carry them? The masks in this Daily Vegi line can be purchased individually. I found these at YesStyle a while back. 

Avo toast is delish! ๐Ÿฅ‘ Iโ€™m always interested in toppings for it so when the lady who sells the homemade kimchi mentioned it, I had to give it a try and have been including it to the lineup ever since. ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

@itsfi  Ok so I am so happy it did not smell like kimchi! Iโ€™m not sure how that would make your masking session feel if it did! Mmmm your toast looks so yummy! 

Me too @ather! ๐Ÿ˜† I like kimchi but I would not like wearing a kimchi scented mask for half an hour. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I had to mention the scent first; anyone whoโ€™s ever had kimchi would understand. And those have not (yet) had kimchi would be forewarned. Lol.

Thank you; the kimchi adds a nice crunch to the avocado toast. On farmerโ€™s market days, I can get all the fixinโ€™s - gluten free bread, avocado and homemade kimchi! ๐Ÿ˜‹ 

This picture is so good! @itsfi. I was relieved to hear it didn't smell like kimchi, Though I enjoy eating it (yum!) Especially at our local Korean hot pot place โ™ฅ๏ธ I don't know if it would be a mask smell I'd gravitate towards. ๐Ÿ˜‹

It sounds lovely and the back story is heart warming, whay a sweet amazing mom ๐Ÿฅฐ

@CynthieLu, thank you. I did a lot of food and sheet mask pics a couple of years ago; just haven't had much time of late, but it's always fun. I haaaad to talk about the scent first. ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Mmmm, Korean BBQ. ๐Ÿค” I've not seen it done as hot pot in the restaurants here (hot broth and K-BBQ sounds awesome!) but then again, I haven't really looked; I'm sure we have something similar. I'm just used to the handful of Korean restaurants we go to. 

@itsfi this mask is a lovely one! I'd like to try kimchi someday

@lmaster, if I'm remembering right, you have all 3 of the masks in this series - wine, kimchi and kombucha. Do you have a favorite among the 3?

@itsfi I really don't recall a favorite of the three, but I did like them all, possibly the wine could of been a higher rating 

benefit_the_porefessional_deep_retreat_-_pore_clearing_clay_mask_10ml.jpg

Just tried this once and already I can see improvement in how my skin looks and feels!  I have large pores on my nose and this mask has visibly reduced their appearance.  Will definitely keep using this product!

#benefitcosmetics

#porefessionalclaymask

#skincare

Improvement in one use, sounds quite impressive, @Debi9757. Thank you for putting this one on my radar, it sounds amazing!

@Debi9757  This one sounds amazing! Will definitely need to try it sometime! Glad to hear you loved it! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

@Debi9757  I was interested in hearing about this one. Thatโ€™s awesome you can already see a difference!

15 Replies
testing