cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

ARCHIVE - 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge! - PART 1

Please join us on Part II of this year’s challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-II/m-p/5433327/...

Welcome to a new year of masking adventures! ***The second half of the year thread will be up June 28th (or earlier), thank you for the suggestion @heartsmyface, @Kim888 & @quspork!***  

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗 Below is the 2020 schedule. Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. Looking forward to sharing some new masking 💖 with you all this year!

tenor

This Week’s Theme: Masking Duel - Dare to compare 2 (or more!) masks in one session

Letters of the Week: “Z” and “A”

Spoiler
Jan 1 - Jan 5A & ZMask Stash Clean-Out! Finish those masks before they expire.l8totheparty/ShortErica
Jan 6 - 12B & YMasks that Make you Hungryitsfi
Jan 13 - 19C & XFavourite Mask in your regular routine - What do you buy in bulk, so you always have it on hand in case of masking emergency?itsfi
Jan 20 - 26D & WClean Week - Masks that give your skin a boost without the guilteshoe
Jan 27 - Feb 2E & VTransportation Masking
@lmaster/@ShortErica/@missjeanie
Feb 3 - 9F & U

Best fitting mask - Mask that best fits your facial featuresPrettyPaint
Feb 10 - 16G & TSpecial Occasion Masks - the mask(s) you use to pamper yourselfitsfi
Feb 17 - 23H & SGross Masks - whether it's the scent or results, share the details please!Aaliaa
Feb 24 - Mar 1I & RSnubbed It: Masks you don't want to use & are continually passed overShortErica
Mar 2 - 8J & QFemale Owned Brands - In honour of Women's Day March 8thAaliaa
Mar 9 - 15K & PMasks Good Enough to Eat
heartsmyface
Mar 16 - 22L & OSample that made you buy the FS - You tried it, and decided to buy it!itsfi
Mar 23 - 29M & NFavourite Smelling Masks - Watermelon, Kale, Spa?? 
Mar 30 - Apr 5N & MMask While You Task
l8totheparty
Apr 6 - 12O & LMost Outrageous Mask ClaimsShortErica
Apr 13 - 19P & KHi-Lo Week: Mix or duel of $$$$ and $ masks 
Apr 20 - 26Q & JSample Dive - I know we have them!Aaliaa
Apr 27 - May 3R & ITargeted Skin Concern - Mask to address a current skin issuePrettyPaint
May 4 -10S & HOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
May 11 - 17T & GMask with a PartnerAlphaboo
May 18 - 24U & FVitamins Week - masks that nourish your skin with vitamins and mineralskim888
May 25 - 31V & EBest/Cutest Printed MaskShosh85
Jun 1 - 7W & DMask that best describes your personality or moodPrettyPaint
Jun 8 - 14X & CFruits & Veggies Week - masks that use natural goodness to nourish your skinKeana1
Jun 15 - 21Y & BForgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask
missjeannie
Jun 22 - 28Z & AMasking Duel - Dare to compare 2 (or more!) masks in one sessioneshoe
Jun 29 - Jul 5A & ZMasking Pet Peeves - use a mask that has some component that drives you crazy!ShortErica
Jul 6 - 12B & YMasking Hacks - share your masking secrets that make your life easier and your skin happyeshoe
Jul13 - 19C & XLip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that summer skin 
Jul 20 - 26D & W’Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!Aalia
Jul 27 - Aug 2E & VMulti-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day?? 
Aug 3 - 9F & U Blind Pick Your Mask - Let's make it fun to use the masks in our stash!veronika23
Aug 10 - 16G & T
Sheet Mask Focus - from cotton to cupra, coconut gel to bio cellulose, what are your favorites and why?

Aug 17 - 23H & SDrugstore & Grocery Brands Weekeshoe
Aug 24 - 30I & R3-Step Masks/Multi-Step Masks
heartsmyface
Aug 31 - Sep 6J & QRainbow Week - Bring out the colorful masks in every hueSonnydee
Sep 7 - 13K & PAutumn Masks - Fall goodness in a mask 
Sep 14 - 20L & OWhen you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW 
Sep 21 - 27M & N BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members 
Sep 28 - Oct 4N & MSephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness 
Oct 5 - 11O & LMasks that Make you Hungry - Fall/Winter Editionitsfi
Oct 12 - 18P & KForgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 
Oct 19 - 25Q & JOvernight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 
Oct 26 - Nov 1R & IMasking Duel Week II 
Nov 2 - 8S & HBuddy Up! Dare to compare the same mask with another BIC-ereshoe
Nov 9 - 15T & GGross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients?Aaliaa
Nov 16 - 22U & FFlash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the timeeshoe
Nov 23 - 29V & EMorning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 
Nov 30 - Dec 6W & DMask that would make a good band name (kinda silly, I know)PrettyPaint
Dec 7 - 13X & CHoliday Party Prep Mask 
Dec 14 - 20Y & BMost Artistic Sheet MaskKim888
Dec 21 - 27Z & AFavourite Masks of All-Timeitsfi
Dec 28 - 31123Masks you discovered this year

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler
To Post:
Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

Mask Hacks - Here are a few to get started thanks to our lovely BIC-ers, a big thank you for these fabulous ideas!
Spoiler

Trim off long chin and add to forehead for sheet masks

itsfi

Squeeze tube lip balms (like Bite) into pans and place in magnetic palette

sonnydee

Layer lip sleeping mask (such as Laneige) over regular balm

cianni

Derma plane prior to a peel-off mask to ease the pain of removal

heartsmyface

Warm water helps remove clay masks quicker than cold

cianni

Lay sheet masks flat prior to use so the serum is more evenly distributed 

eshoe 

Remove clay/difficult masks in the shower to keep towel clean and removal easy

itsfi/BIC

Use an HA serum prior to trying a mask with alcohol high on the ingredients list

keana1

Use a Makeup Eraser to remove wash-off masks

lmaster

With a detox mask, apply a thicker layer where pores are

Ather

Use a resurfacing exfoliating spray (such as Kate Somerville’s Liquid ExfoliKate) before a detox mask to better clear out your pores

Miamia27

Re-use a large sample jar for a blank sheet mask pellet and fill it with essence/toner

Itsfi

Use a nail clippers to trip a mask if scissors are not on hand

ShortErica

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...
2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

NEW!!! Got an idea for next year's challenge? Let me know! Was there a challenge you'd rather not repeat? Share below, so we can start building the 2021 schedule:

Spoiler

Re: ARCHIVE - 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge! - PART 1

So I’m posting on this thread because I’m catching up from last week:

Masking Comparison and A - Thanks for the fun theme, @eshoe

I’m comparing three different A’Pieu masks. They all seemed to fit pretty similarly – somewhat too large all around, but I was still able to make them work and they adhered just fine. I tried these masks out earlier last week and should have taken notes. I can remember my ranking, but I don't remember the details quite as well.

A'Pieu Banana & Honey Sheet Mask (got this one from masks on the move - thanks so much!). It's meant to provide nourishment and radiance and is made of cotton. Of the three, I think this one was my favorite. I loved the banana honey scent, and my skin felt nicely hydrated throughout the day. This was one of those masks that I just didn’t want to take off.

I also tried the A'Pieu Banana Milk One-Pack, which contains pockets in the fabric to enhance absorption. I always enjoy the milky consistency of the serum in these, and this particular flavor is probably my favorite of the milk line. This one also resulted in nice hydration. Definitely a good one for me.

A'Pieu Icing Sweet Bar Sheet Mask (Hanrabong). I think hanrabong is maybe similar to a clementine? It's supposed to provide a brightening effect. I feel like this one was the least moisturizing of the three. I’m not sure if it was off in some way (I checked and it wasn’t expired), but I really didn’t like the scent. It didn’t smell particularly citrusy to me, but I couldn’t ever figure out what I was smelling. 

comparison.jpg

@PrettyPaint I love, love, LOVE your match up here! How fun:) Also, I did not know the A’Pieu Banana mask had pockets in the material- very cool, I learned something new today😊

Mmmmmmm delicious looking masking sesh!! @PrettyPaint 

The scent sounds wonderful on the banana/honey mask @PrettyPaint 

Oh darn, I always kick myself when I don't take notes but you seem to remember quite a bit of details. Thanks for the ranking @PrettyPaint. Just going on names banana honey seems the best to me.

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge! - PART 1

Last nights mask was The Creme Shop ABC mask.( pic is from my hauls, I forgot to take a pic but wanted to start off fresh with a new week for the new thread-- it's the yellow packaging.) Fit?ok, I do like how TCS masks have cut slits into the masks edges to help with fit on your face Smell?to me, it's a clean almost typical sheet mask scent, if I remember right Consistency?serum was clear, but lightweight, not runny Ease of use?ok, even was able to drink Would I  purchase/try again?yes & I have. my skin did look brighter & also refreshed. a good addition to my mask collection💛💛💛💛💛

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge! - PART 1

@sonnydee  I'm so glad you reviewed this one, as I've been curious about it! Glad to hear it's a good one! 🙂

You’ve been on a roll with great sheet masks @sonnydee!

I have been doing good about shopping my stash @itsfi 👏(long distance high five) but I have been adding to it as well😣

Ohhh @sonnydee, I know how that goes. Shopping the stash is a good thing. I've been good about not picking up sheet masks but I will pick up a handful when the new Sephora sheet masks launch. I'll limit it to just a few though; or, at least try to. 😉 And a long distance high five, back at ya, girly!long distance high five.gif

The 5 min wear time 😥 @itsfi I'll probably pick up a few here & there of the new ones for science of course but will end up wearing them for longer

I thought the same thing about where to post @sonnydee. Next week I'll be hopping over too. I've been eyeing your TJ Maxx hauls - you've done so good and now I kinda want to browse at mine. Glad you enjoyed this mask. Though when I see ABC I think Agatha Christie though he is not my favorite Hercule Poirot (whoa tangent)

The A.B.C. Murders by Agatha Christie (Book Vs. TV) | Red Lips and ...

Hope yours is at least kinda stocked.😒 I have 4 stores that i can frequent & its a hit & miss & bare shelves. I had to go to 3 stores to get my most recent haul. I bit the bullet & ordered from the creme shop direct- I can't be without the rainbow masks, they popped up once before the whole covid19 @ShortErica (i think I still need to finish some episodes of that show🤔)

It is so weird him not being Ron but I enjoy murder mysteries @sonnydee

@sonnydee  I really liked this one! Glad to hear you enjoyed it too! 😃

Its a good one to throw on when you cant really make up your mind & its an A,B,C mask so it'll always fit into the challenge right😉@Shosh85 

I did it! 3 masks this week with the Oozoo bears

They look pissed off and ready to throw down in a duel to me ;)They look pissed off and ready to throw down in a duel to me 😉

My faces

Spoiler
AuroraAuroraBlack SpaceBlack SpaceWater BangWater Bang

Aurora and Water Band had a protective film and the same fit. I could use a touch more on the forehead and the chin is too long to fit nicely but too short to tuck underneath properly - it popped up during wear. Black Space didn't have a protective film but the same fit.

This go round, I definitely smelled the floral fragrance in all of them. Compared to my notes, I was really surprised. I'd say it was a moderate amount of scent vs. my notes described it as a little.

I wore each for 20 minutes then used on my neck. The water bang was the least moist when removing and had trouble staying on my neck.

I had no tack with any of them - yay! Last time I had no tackiness with Black Space, a little that faded quickly with Water Bang and some tackiness with Aurora that went away with moisturizer.

Aurora has a pink shimmer serum/ampoule (last time I thought it was purple). Either way it did provide radiance to the skin. I also saw some brightness with Water Bang but not enough plumping to satisfy me. The Black Space made my face look even and nice but I had more of a wow factor the first time that wasn't recreated for me.

I had the hardest time popping the Black Space ampoule.

I'd say they are in the A-/B+ range though I think Water Bang is my for sure 3rd place. I'm a little disappointed by how fragrant they seemed compared to memory. I was happy about the no tack. I have one Aurora left I'll have to test again. Overall I like the package, fit is pretty good and nice results but I'm not scrambling to get them again. So many others to try first.

So cute though @ShortErica 

Thanks @lmaster!

@ShortErica I love that you did all these again! It's interesting to see how much your opinions have changed! I have a bunch of these to use up, so I may have to do a duel and refresh my memory on these too! 😃👍

13,925 Replies
testing