Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Skincare Aware
|

2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

Welcome to the final part of our 2019 Mask of the Week Challenge. Feel free to join in however often you want, on or off theme. It's just fun to share the masking adventures. Let's give some love to our winter skin!

2019 Q4 Schedule

Spoiler

WEEK     LETTER       THEME

Sep 30 - Oct 6 N          Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness 

Oct 7 - 13        O           French Pharmacy Week 

Oct 14 - 20      P           Ends of the Earth - masks that use ingredients from or are made in far away places 

Oct 21 - 27      Q          Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar 

Oct 28 - Nov 3 R          Duel Week V2.0 & Mask Meetup thank you @mrsmouse for suggesting the Wish Formula Bat Eye Mask!

Nov 4 - 10        S          Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask 

Nov 11 - 17      T          Gross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients? 

Nov 18 - 24      U          Flash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time 

Nov 25 - Dec 1 V          Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step 

Dec 2 - 8          W          Asian skincare Brand - Visit old cultures and their ways 

Dec 9 - 15        X           Sample Dive - I know we have them! 

Dec 16 - 22      Y           Holiday Party Prep Mask 

Dec 23 - 31       Z          Masks you discovered in 2019

This Week’s Theme: Gross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients? 

Letter of the Week: “T”

tumblr_nd1ecxiMEr1squc7do1_500

2019 Mask of the Week Main Thread & Misc. Info:

Spoiler
To Post:
Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. Feel free to post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge; they are guidelines and just something we do for fun. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcomed!

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:
https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...
2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

Masking Surveys Thread: Curious about others' masking habits? Join the fun w/ @ShortErica:

Spoiler
Spoiler
We have scheduled monthly meetups as well as impromptu sessions because you cannot compare masks only once a month! If you have an idea for a week’s Meetup or a particular month, tag me so I can add it to the schedule.

April: The Oozoo Rose Capsule, April 13th
May: Sephora Collection Mask - Honey Mask, May 4th (Thank you @missjeanie!) 
June: Bawdy Butt Mask Month. Let's try all four masks, one a Saturday (Thank you @faeriegirl!) On the 22nd we will also be trying out a Yadah mask - your pick, thanks to @ShortErica
July: @lmaster suggested a Crème Shop Sanrio Mask for our July 6th meetup, and you all voted for the My Melody Softer Than Cookies.

August: Biobelle Tutti Frutti Collection - the Peach is on deck for our mid-summer masking! Join us Saturday August 10th to compare notes on this mask. Then Saturday August 17th we will be comparing the Biobelle Pineapple mask. Thank you @lmaster@Shosh85 & @PrettyPaint for suggesting Biobelle!
September: @ShortErica and @GalPalVal17 are interested in everyone's thoughts on the Lookatme Watermelon Face Mask. Join us Saturday, September 21st for the fun!
October: @GalPalVal17 suggested a Crème Shop Mask, will update with more info. ALSO: October 31st join us for the Wish Formula Bat Eye Mask thanks to @mrsmouse!

Spring Masks on the Move Box🌱🌷🌈: Interested in participating in a spring box? @ShortErica has a survey that will help us curate the best plan for next year for those who would like to be involved:

Spoiler

Re: 2019 Q4 Mask of the Week Challenge!

Most of the Weird and unusual ingredients aren’t a choice for me due to religious reasons so I’m throwing g in again something not in accordance with the week’s theme.

Too cool for school egg cream mask. It was used to be sold at Sephora but not anymore. Other day I saw them at Walmart and nostalgia made me pick some. I had forgotten how much I was used to enjoy it

Spoiler
Egg Cream masks are hands down my favourite sheet masks. Sheet is a thick soft cotton with a hard mesh removable lining and serum is a thick cream which I prefer over the usual watery serums in most sheet masks. Fit is actually pretty decent other than eyes holes that are a bit small but it gives me a chance to close my eyes and relax so I don’t mind much. There is plenty of extra serum in pouch to apply over neck and arms ( and in my case to my baby’s pretty face who was insistent to wear mask with me 🤣) Removing after 20-25 minutes my face has plenty of serum that easily absorbed in after massaging for a while. It leaves skin super soft and very well hydrated and I don’t feel the need to apply any more layers of skincare on top.
In short this mask is a winner

E27DD1BF-A9AC-4790-8C33-B33F26382B06.jpeg

one of my fave masks @fatimamummy ! glad you rediscovered your love for it!

@fatimamummy  Happy you enjoyed this one! It definitely seems to be popular! I haven't seen them at Walmart yet, but I'm always tempted to pick them up at Target! 🥚🍳

@fatimamummy  I really need to try this one again. I think it was one of the first sheet masks I ever tried, but it was so long ago that I can't remember my thoughts! I'll have to see if any of my local drugstores carry it. 

Walmart you say @fatimamummy !!  I'll have to keep an eye out.  I've tried their mask in the blue packet that looks like this one, and I quite liked it.  I'll have to check out Walmart next time I'm there to try the yellow!  Very pretty flat lay too!  Im always jealous of everyones ability to do pretty photos.

Wow this one always surprises me when it’s a favorite, @fatimamummy - plenty of love for it but I couldn’t get over the stringiness 🤷🏻‍♀️ Glad you found some though!

Love your photo @fatimamummy! 😍 This is a good mask; I was bummed when Sephora stopped carrying it. 😔 I do see it stocked at the Target near me.

Sunday evening I went with the Forgotten Wonder category. I purchased a 5 pack of Frudia Blueberry Hydrating mask awhile back and had never gotten around to using it. This was a slight yellow mask that had a natural scent to me. I paired it with the Huckleberry lip balm that the sweet @shoe gifted me.

The mask had a fabulous fit. There was very little  tackiness and my face felt nicely hydrated afterwards. 5 stars. 

F3484A73-C6EC-465E-8A98-B989A36B1979.jpeg

Both the balm and mask look great @emaisgr8! I haven't tried either, but anything berry usually appeals to me. And anything described as having a "fabulous fit" always catches my attention! Smiley Happy

Great reminder to use these Frudia ones @emaisgr8 .  I have a few of them that I think I tried once and then moved onto newness.  I need to start masking five-a-days.

omg that flavor if lip balm sounds awesome @emaisgr8 and always amazing to rediscover a mask you love!

It really does smel amazing @Kim888 

@emaisgr8  That Huckleberry lip balm is sooo good isn't it? It's one that I have to make sure to hide from my 5 year old 😂

Happy to hear you you enjoyed the Frudia mask! This is my favorite out of the four! 👍

@Shosh85  I absolutely love that balm. It smells so yummy.

I've been using this one lately as well. It's nice for the skin! @emaisgr8 

Great to hear your skin liked this mask @emaisgr8. 😃 It’s well liked by many on this thread. 💕

Well you reminded me of another balm I need to get crack in’ on, @emaisgr8! These forgotten mask weeks are so helpfulSmiley Happy

@emaisgr8  I've been using that lip balm that @eshoe gifted me as well. I love the scent of it. I'm almost out now Smiley Happy  The Frudia masks sounds great. I've tried a different "flavor" from this Frudia line and similar results. 

@GalPalVal17  I think it's one of my favorite scents for a balm.

I would be lying if I said I was excited for tonight’s masking. I think this beats out horse oil, now I can add donkey oil to my list. Many thanks to @quspork for making my gross-masking dreams come true!E444C7EA-30E2-4417-AE0B-EB00114EA1A7.jpegBite, Elizavecca & Volition

Spoiler

I started out with VOLITION BEAUTY - Turmeric Brightening Polish I especially like this for my t-zone area, while using a hydrating mask on my cheeks to avoid the cracked skin like I experienced last summer. I applied a generous amount of the BITE BEAUTY - Agave Lip Mask - Maple which I also need to use more now that it’s nearing winter. This was from a set last year, time to finish!

Next up, the Elizavecca Milky Piggy Silky Creamy Donkeysteam Cream Mask Pack from quspork. I didn’t think a mask could make my stomach turn more than than the Mediheal horse oil one I tried for the first gross challenge. I was wrong!

Donkey oil is far enough down on the list, at only 100ppm, which...gave me some relief, maybe? The remainder of the ingredients are pretty standard; cetearyl alcohol, grape seed oil, shea butter, even sodium hyaluronate. Fragrance is listed toward the end, but I couldn’t detect anything artificial-it was more like an oil-scent.

The mask itself was covered in a very thick (lotion-like) serum. More than once I had to brace myself. I love masks like this, but I couldn’t stop thinking about the name. Only 100ppm, I can do this😂 It fit beautifully of course, as was adherence. There was plenty of extra serum in the packet for me to apply, which I did on my cheeks and forehead. I checked the recommended time, 15-20 minutes, so I set the clock for 15. No need to go all crazy here.

While wearing it I noticed a bit of itching and uncomfortableness. I didn’t want to be a wimp, so I left it on and removed the mask promptly once the timer went off. I rinsed it off immediately, so I don’t have a report on the tackiness, HOWEVER. My skin was so, so smooth. Yes, probably the smoothest I’ve experienced from a sheet mask. I would love to know how soft a Babyfacial-Donkeysteam combo would leave my skin but I’m not up for that challenge! This mask was an A+ but not one I would purchase. For the more adventurous, this is a must try!

Ingredients:07777B80-4542-4163-8D99-68D71EE6C256.jpeg

1,807 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos315
  • tumblr_nd1ecxiMEr1squc7do1_500
  • DBA6E537-4204-4B9C-BAC9-99328D5058D4.jpeg
  • F7930E7C-1998-4A94-B1E8-611FB049BBC0.jpeg
  • 09FC297A-2486-499C-9392-C99CAB6A1924.jpeg
  • 3CA21CAF-3CEA-4FCE-8E8D-6EC2E1E34A8E.jpeg
  • 4FD98D5F-8AFB-46BC-A84A-F30270A8E8F5.jpeg
  • IMG_20191008_113107.jpg
  • IMG_20191008_113113.jpg