Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Skincare Aware
|

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Welcome to the second half of the year!

mp2.jpg

Thank you @Aaliaa for starting this thread, and giving us a place to share our love for masks💗 Below is the 2020 schedule. Post as frequently or infrequently as you would like, with or without following the challenge. We love hearing about every masking experience, and suggestions are always welcome. Looking forward to sharing some new masking 💖 as we close out the year!

This Week’s Theme: Sheet Mask Focus - from cotton to cupra, coconut gel to bio cellulose, what are your favorites and why?

Letters of the Week: “G” and “T”

Spoiler

Jun 29 - Jul 5

A & Z

Masking Pet Peeves - use a mask that has some component that drives you crazy!

@ShortErica

Jul 6 - 12

B & Y

Masking Hacks - share your masking secrets that make your life easier and your skin happy

@eshoe

Jul13 - 19

C & X

Lip, Hand or Foot Masks to help that summer skin

Jul 20 - 26

D & W

’Weird Mask' Bubbling, Peeling, Colour changing other worldly wonders!

@aalia

Jul 27 - Aug 2

E & V

Multi-Masking How many masks can you use at one time or in One Day??

Aug 3 - 9

F & U

Blind Pick Your Mask - Let's make it fun to use the masks in our stash!

@veronika23

Aug 10 - 16

G & T

Sheet Mask Focus - from cotton to cupra, coconut gel to bio cellulose, what are your favorites and why?

Aug 17 - 23

H & S

Drugstore & Grocery Brands Week

@eshoe

Aug 24 - 30

I & R

3-Step Masks/Multi-Step Masks

@heartsmyface

Aug 31 - Sep 6

J & Q

Rainbow Week - Bring out the colorful masks in every hue

@sonnydee

Sep 7 - 13

K & P

Autumn Masks - Fall goodness in a mask

Sep 14 - 20

L & O

When you are getting GLAM for a night out and want that inner GLOW

Sep 21 - 27

M & N

BIC Made you do it! Masks recommended/inspired by other BIC members

Sep 28 - Oct 4

N & M

Sephora Collections Week - House Brand Goodness

Oct 5 - 11

O & L

Masks that Make you Hungry - Fall/Winter Edition

@itsfi

Oct 12 - 18

P & K

Forgotten Wonders - Shop your stash for an unloved mask

Oct 19 - 25

Q & J

Overnight Masks - Sleeping miracles in a jar

Oct 26 - Nov 1

R & I 

Masking Duel Week II

@eshoe

Nov 2 - 8

S & H

Buddy Up! Dare to compare the same mask with another BIC-er

@eshoe

Nov 9 - 15

T & G

Gross/Odd/Unusual Ingredients - Spirulina, donkey milk, bee venom, snail mucous - what masks have you used that have strange ingredients?

@Aaliaa

Nov 16 - 22

U & F

Flash Masks - masks that do doubly duty in half the time

@eshoe

Nov 23 - 29

V & E

Morning Masking - Masks that help give a pep to your step

Nov 30 - Dec 6

W & D

Mask that would make a good band name (kinda silly, I know)

@PrettyPaint

Dec 7 - 13

X & C

Holiday Party Prep Mask

Dec 14 - 20

Y & B

Most Artistic Sheet Mask

@Kim888

Dec 21 - 27

Z & A

Favourite Masks of All-Time

@itsfi

Dec 28 - 31

Masks you discovered this year

Mask of the Week Misc. Info & Previous Year's Links:

Spoiler

To Post:

Each week features a different theme, as well as a letter of the alphabet for coming up with new masking ideas. 

Please include the brand and name of the mask you are trying out, as well as a photo if possible. Any other details are greatly appreciated, including scent, if it's an exfoliating mask (include acid info if known), your overall experience, and whether or not you would repurchase. Don't forget to include a grade (thanks to @ShortErica for the idea) to help others along the way.

Most importantly, have fun and merry masking!

2020 Mask of the Week Challenge Part 1:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-1/m-p/4995162/h...

2019 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2019-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/4497678/highligh...

2018 Mask of the Week Challenge:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/td-p/3615125 

Got an idea for next year's challenge? Let me know! Was there a challenge you'd rather not repeat? Share below, so we can start building the 2021 schedule:

Spoiler

Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

G is for Green tea

IMG_20200810_205847115.jpg

Spoiler
This is such a cool mask, I'm glad I traded for it in the motm box 😊
I opened up the pocket that held the green tea leaves in a thin pouch material similar to a tea bag but you could see the leaves through the pouch. I popped it in with the mask and serum and massaged it together for about ten minutes. I then removed the tea leaves and pulled out the mask. I could tell the serum had a slight tint to it now and did smell of green tea. The fit was really good and I didn't notice any tackiness after. It soothed my skin and calmed my redness with delivering hydration and perfect amount of moisturizing. This one is one I want to use again absolutely
Ingredients
IMG_20200810_205857996.jpg

I don't think I have a favorite mask type yet....i like the ones that fit nicely😁 This mask is 100% organic cotton. Fit?ok, lil small in the eye area & had to fight with above the lip Smell?....not lime, though I think they tried. Its 10th on the list. Towards the end I did smell it faintly. And I do smell it on my hands. Consistency?saturated nicely, but did have some drips when I took it out of the pouch. Once removed, serum soaked in nicely with only some tack Ease of use?no trouble. Would I  purchase/try again? I got a box of 10 so, yea, I would use again. My face did have a nice glow though even if the smell was disappointing

Mmmmm, and how is the lime-mint, @sonnydee? I have t tried a potted Fresh scrub. Curious how they compare to Lush.

you really smell the lime while in the pot, & putting it...

you really smell the lime while in the pot, & putting it on. But once it's on you smell the mint. I don't know how they did it but it's magical!😍💚💚💚💚 @eshoe

RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

G is for Glow

98462C47-EE31-4791-88E6-4E0246FABE04.jpeg

Spoiler
The Creme Shop Hello Kitty Ready Set Glow Sheet Mask
This is a medium thickness cotton sheet mask that had cute little pictures on it. It was saturated with a watery and shimmery serum that had a light perfumy-floral kind of smell. Not my favorite scent, but it was light enough it didn't bother me much. The fit was ok - just slightly too long at the chin, a tiny bit too wide at the temples and the space between the eyes was a little too wide. The adherence was good and it was comfortable to wear the 20 minutes I had it on. There wasn't any tackiness after removing and my face looked brighter and less dull, and my skin had a nice glow and felt soft and smooth. It also claims to provide hydration, but my skin actually feltjust a smidge on the dry side.I didn't like the scent and that it didn'tlive up to it's \"intense hydration\" claims, but I did love the results I got and the fact that there's snail in the ingredients is even better (half way down, but still, I wasn't expecting it at all😉🐌) I am happy I still have more to use up and might consider a repurchase if spottedat TJ Maxx/Marshall's again. 😃

Darn. I tried to post the picture of the mask and the ingredients, but the site wouldn't let me. I'll try again later. 🤨
ETA: I even tried posting from the app and it still didn't work. 🤷🏻

Re: RE: Re: 2020 Mask of the Week Challenge - PART II

Easily one of my favorites between the two, @Shosh85 . Sorry you weren’t able to post a pic, those are always so helpful!

@Shosh85 have I used this one?? It's so cute!!

@lmaster  I feel like I have the same question every time someone on here uses a Hello Kitty mask. Haha! 😃😂

Oooh. 🤩 I like the results from this one too @Shosh85! Glowy, brighter complexion! 😍 It’s hydrating 💦 but I don’t know about “intensely” so; at least not for my skin type. 

@itsfi  I didn't like the scent, but everything else was pretty nice! This is the second time I've used it, and I didn't experience "intense" hydration either time. Last time I used it, (around the same time last year,) there was some light hydration, and this time my face felt kind of on the dry side. I guess that means it may not be for my skin type either 😉🤷🏻

G for Goodal Fit? I didn't look closely so I thought they really screwed up on this mask. it only covered the lower half of my face. and even that was a odd fit. the nose was really wide😷 Smell?I honestly dont remember...I was too baffled with half of a mask. it must've been pleasant enough to be not distracting Consistency? I thought this was a mud sheet mask, not at all. it bubbled. Boy did it bubble. 😬 And i like bubble masks Ease of use? didn't even think about talking, it bubbled up alot. I spent the last 3 min or so standing above the sink...waiting, it felt like it was slipping off. i kept it on for about 12 min, then I just gave up (it only calls for 10min). I had to rinse out my ears, i was careful to keep my mouth closed but during the rinse ( where it turns into a soapy consistency) i got some in my mouth & eye. It tried to clean out my nostrils as well.🤦😲 Would I  purchase/try again? no, this was not for me. I did spread some of the bubbles on my forehead and may be it cleaned out my pores, but only ever so slightly. My skin didn't feel dry or stripped, but the trouble was unfortunately not even close to the reward. This was a gift from the ever so generous @itsfi & I thank you very much for sharing this with me! i enjoy trying new things but this was too messy for me.🖤🖤

The print on this package reminds me of the Ruth Asawa forever stamp, @sonnydee . 

129B5308-AEFF-4E24-BF7F-065A529AEBC6.jpeg

@sonnydee sorry to hear you had such trouble

just makes more room for even better ones @lmaster 🤗

just makes more room for even better ones @lmaster 🤗

@sonnydee  I haven't used this specific mask, but I have used half-face bubble masks before (I know Berrisom makes one) - and when it comes to bubble sheet masks I actually like these more because you have a better chance of not getting it in the eyes (though, it sounds like you did anyway🤷🏻) 

yes, @Shosh85 probably as I was rinsing but this bubbled...

yes, @Shosh85 probably as I was rinsing but this bubbled up so much...it didn't matter if this was a half mask or not

I had no idea Goodal made a bubbling mask, @sonnydee but boy, does it sound like they like their bubbles! 

I had a opaque bubble beard @quspork 

@sonnydee Huh, that's interesting... I'm not sure I've seen many bubbling half-masks. Then again, I haven't used many Goodal masks. Sorry this didn't work out for you! 

This is the first half mask I have seen @WinglessOne 🤷 you win some & you lose some. 

1,983 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos396
  • The eye patches I reach for most often.
  • mp2.jpg
  • I wish my skin loved grapefruit as much as my nose does.
  • Thanks, YesStyle, for marring this packaging with your sticker.
  • 95AA92FC-C259-4A86-9792-D371BF6DE5AE.jpeg
  • EB947FDF-F7F4-4BCA-A209-639327AAE741.jpeg
  • D8DC0C1D-492C-4C5E-9F38-98A3FDDB828F.jpeg
  • papaya.jpg
  • Papayaing.JPG
  • Again with the unfortunate sticker placement.
  • Thank goodness all this info's available at Abib's site, otherwise I'd strain my old lady eyes to death.
  • BubbleMask.jpg
  • Bubble Mask on.jpg
  • Bubbles!.jpg