Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Savvy Shoppers
|

Student Discounts

Most student discount programs require you to sign up with your student email or student card as proof of your school attendance. They tend to only share online discount codes after youโ€™ve signed up. Since this is the case, I wonโ€™t share specific codes, but rather different student discount programs and the discounts they do offer. I hope this helps some of you students out there who are also looking to save some $$$ ๐Ÿ™‚

Spoiler

Adidas Canada: Student Purchase Program. Get 30% off regular & 15% off discounted items online. Enter your college or university email and theyโ€™ll send you a code.

Microsoft: Students and teachers get Office for free! You can find it by clicking Office for students under Education at the bottom of the website. All you need is your student email. They also have discounts on certain products under their Deals tab. 

ISIC (International)

The ISIC (International Student Identity Card) letโ€™s you get discounts internationally. The only downside is that it isnโ€™t as fast to sign up for. In addition to sharing your the name of your school, your program and your birthday, theyโ€™ll ask you to send in proof that you are studying full time, proof of your date of birth & a passport type picture of yourself. The card also costs $20 every year. Their focus is more on discounts for traveling and attractions, but they do have some for dining and stores.

SPC (CA):

The SPC (student price card) is a card that is available for Canadian students. It is sold online and in certain participating stores across Canada (they usually have a list up when they start selling the new cards every year). Students using BMO get it for free. The card is 10$ and good for 1 year (it expires at the end of July). Some places might ask you to show a student i.d. along with the card. If buying online, the codes are all available on the SPC website or app. Here are examples of what the offered discounts are:

Spoiler
Makeup & Skincare
Spoiler

Annabelle Cosmetics: 15% off online

Bath & Body Works: 10% off in-store (excludes products at 50% off or more)

Biotherm: 10% off online

Bumble & Bumble: 15% off first online order

Clarisonic: 15% all devices online

Clinique: Get Quickliner for Eyes in Intense Ebony, Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara & Pop Lip Colour + Primer in Plum Pop with $30+ purchase.

Crabtree & Evelyn: 15% off online

Fruits & Passion: 15% off online

IT Cosmetics: Up to 20% off online

Josie Maran: 20% off online

Kiehlโ€™s: 15% off $35+

Lancรดme: 15% off $50+ online

MAC Cosmetics: 10% off online

Murad: 15% off online

Origins: 15% off online

Paulaโ€™s Choice: 10% off and free shipping

Shu Uemura: 15% off + free shipping when spending $50+

Smashbox: 15% off online

Food & Snacks
Spoiler

Burger King: 10% off combo meals

Davidโ€™s Tea: 10% off regular and discounted items

Hello Fresh: Get 20% off a month of meals

KFC: 10% off Big Box Meals

Keurig: 15% off online

Lindt Chocolate: 20% off regular priced items in-store

Mucho Burrito: Free chips & salsa with entrรฉe purchase

Orange Julius: 10% off regular priced beverage

Pizza Hut: 10% off regular price

Thai Express: 10% off combo meals

Yeh! Frozen Yogurt: 10% off regular priced items
Clothing & Accessories
Spoiler

Aerie & American Eagle: 10% regular & discounted items in-store

Aldo: 10% regular and discounted items in-store and online

Banana Republic: 15% regular and 5% off discounted items in-store

Bentley: 10% off regular and 5% off discounted items in-store and online
Call it Spring: 10% off regular and discounted items in-store and online

Club Monaco: 15% off online

Foot Locker: 15% off $100 + free shipping online

Garage: 15% off your first order online

Guess: 15% off regular priced items in-store

Journeyโ€™s: $5 off $25+ purchase in-store and online

Leviโ€™s: 10% off regular & discounted items in-store

Little Burgundy: $10 off $75 purchase online & in-store

Puma: 10% off entire purchase in-store

Roots: 15% off regular priced items

Urban Outfitters: 10% off purchase in-store (excludes furniture, electronics & custom shops)

Victoria Secretโ€™s PINK: 10% off one regular or discounted item in-store

UNiDAYS (International)

All you need to do for this service is sign up for free. Theyโ€™ll ask you where & what youโ€™re studying and theyโ€™ll want you to confirm youโ€™re a student with your student email, but thatโ€™s it! They also have a referral program where you get a $5 voucher for every friend that joins. Here are some of their deals:

Spoiler
Canada
Spoiler
American Apparel: 15% of regular priced items online

Apple Music: Get first 3 months free

Asos: 10% off regular priced items online

Dell: 10% off online (1 item per order)

Express: 15% off online (can combine with other coupons, some brands and clearance are excluded)

French Connection: 20% regular priced items online (excludes homeware)

Glasses USA: 55% off online (excludes Premium and discounted frames)

Hello Fresh: 20% off a month of meals

Rakuten kobo: New customers get 8$ off first book online (Book has to be $8.01+)

Missguided: 30% off regular priced items online (excludes certain collections)

ModCloth: 15% off online

Ray Ban: 15% off online

Shopbop: 10% off online (excludes certain brands)

T.M.Lewin: 15% off online (Max. purchase of $1,000 before discount)
Topshop: 10% off online

Under Armour: Extra 10% off on sales online

Unif: 15% off online

Vimeo: 50% off annual Vimeo plus or pro membership

Woodzee: 20% off online

Student Advantage Card (USA)
This card is available to anyone in the world, but can only be used in the USA. It costs $22.50 per year. You only need to fill out their application form online and they'll mail you your card. They claim to have a lot of local and national discounts. Here are some of their national discounts:

Spoiler
AMC Theatres: Up to 40% off pre-paid tickets
Cinemark Cinemas: 25% off pre-paid tickets
Foot Locker: 10% off $50+ purchase online
Greyhound: 10% off any fare
Groupon: Additional 10% off
Julep: Free 12pc Fall Nail Polish gift set (not sure if still active)
Target: $7 off $70+ purchase online
Ticket Monster: 10% any ticket
Tommy Hilfiger: 10% off at outlet stores
Topshop/Topman: 10% off

Student Beans (International)
This program is similar to UNiDAYS. It allows students in several countries to have access to student discounts for free. All you need to do is sign up online with your student email. Here are some of their deals:

Spoiler
Canada
Spoiler
Dji: 10% off online
Fanatical:
5% off online games
Fitflop: 20% off regular priced items online
Hudson Shoes: 10% off online
Hunter: 15% off online
La Senza: 10% off online
Mainline: 10% off online
McAfee: 55% off online
OnePlus: Up to 10% off online
Skullcandy:
 20% off online
Society6: 15% off online
Smart Buy Glasses: 10% off online
USA
Spoiler
Beauty
Spoiler
Fab Fit Fun: 10$ off your first box
Foreo: 15% off online
Imomoko: 10% off online
Juice Beauty: 15% off online
Laneige: Free 20mL sample of Multi Cleanser with every purchase
Paula's Choice: 10% off online
Unineed: 10% off online
100% Pure: 10% off online
Clothing
Spoiler
Hot Topic: 10% off Tees online
Hunter: 20% off online
Pacsun: 10% off online
Quicksilver: 20% off online
Romwe: 10% off online (min. purchase of $20)
Roxy: 20% off online
Skinnydip London: 25% off online
Shein: 20% off online
Ted Baker London: 15% off regular priced items
Topshop/Topman: 10% off online
U.S. Polo Assn.: 10% off online
Other
Spoiler
Fanatical: 5% off online games
HBO Shop: 15% off online
RTX-Austin: 15% off tickets online
Skullcandy: 30% off wireless online
Society6: 15% off online
Sundance Now: 1 week free trial + 20% off monthly membership
Ticket Club: Free membership (reg. $50)

Entertainment Deals (USA)

Spoiler
Chicago Lyric Opera: The Lyric Next Program allows students to get access to $20 tickets with a valid student ID. 

NYC American Museum of Natural History: Discounted tickets for students online.

NYC Broadway: Some shows have student rush tickets available before the show begins. All you need is a valid student ID to get discounted tickets!

NYC Museum of Modern Art: Students get $14 tickets (Reg. $25)

Also don't forget to use cash back programs such as Ebates and browser extensions such as Honey that apply coupon codes at checkout on many websites. They both have referral programs as well.

Lastly, I would love to hear about the student discount programs available in your areas. Since I live in Canada, I'm not too familiar/don't have access to the discount programs elsewhere, so it'd be great if you could share so that I can fill in the list.

I tend to be wary sharing tech and travel deals since they're often offers on certain items that change instead of being a set % discount. If you find any good ones though, please do share! If there are any categories that I mentioned that you find aren't as important, let me know. It'll help me to know what to look out for. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks!

Re: Student Discounts

You can now save 25% online at eyeko with SPC! Screenshot_20190403_182904.jpg

Don't get me wrong, sometimes it's better to ask about discounts on the forum. After all, uninterested people answer you. Fast and clear language. And sellers often start to offer you something else, often something that does not interest me. For example, I often use discounts on  and in order to find out current topics or discounts I write on their forum. and other students respond quickly. It is very convenient to have direct communication with other people who are in the same position.

Sorry, is the discount still valid?

@mcdanielmark473 You can email the company directly and ask

@SpaceLlama I saw ColourPop has a 10% off student discount.  

Topshop/TopmanScreenshot_20180918_114206.jpg

Nyx is now an spc partner ๐Ÿ˜„Screenshot_2018-08-08-13-36-16-1.png

(in-store)

You can now buy your spc online or in-store for 10$. Screenshot_2018-08-08-13-40-18-1.png

Screenshot_2018-08-08-13-40-32-1.png

wow, well!

New UniDays partner:Screenshot_2018-07-11-13-41-36-1.png

Screenshot_2018-06-22-12-38-22-1.png

Just a reminder that UniDays is free. All you need is a student email, so it doesn't cost you anything to check it out! ๐Ÿ˜„

SPC is now selling their card for 2018-2019 on their website ๐Ÿ˜Š They've added a few partners, one of which is Lindt! Screenshot_2018-06-21-18-42-55-1.png

Madewell gives a 10% discount.  Just give them your .edu email when you checkout.  I've been out of school for years but my store still lets me do it

Screenshot_2018-06-01-15-19-37-1.png

Spoiler
Free standard shipping with full-size Better Than Sex Mascara purchase valid for US customer only. No code needed. Student Discount excludes New, Sale, Sex on the Peach Kit, Too Faced X BeautyBlender's Besties,One Hot Mama Set, Sexy Essentials Lip Duo, Summer Lovin' Lip Duo, In the Nude Lip Duo, Sexy Lashes Rain or Shine, and More Than Meets the Eyes Set. US Only. 15% offer ends 06/14/2018 @ 11:45pm PST. **Text Alerts: US customers only. Up to 12 auto-dialed marketing messages/month. Standard messaging and data rates may apply. Consent not required to purchase. Reply STOP to cancel. Reply HELP for help.

It's been forever since I've been a student, but one of my favorite things ever was the student discount tickets at the Chicago Lyric Opera. The program is called Lyric Next and if you're a full time student (high school, undergrad, grad) with a valid student ID, you have access to $20 tickets!!! The signup method is a little different now but I saw dozens of operas, always in seats that would have cost $150+ (the front half of the main floor) and it remains one of my favorite memories from my time in Chicago. One of the best opera houses in the country, gorgeous building, fancy clothes, and entertainment for $20 a person? DONE!

pro-tip - I was able to take advantage of the Lyric Next program for a few years (umm, at least 4...) even after I officially graduated because my school ID did not list graduation/expiration dates. They check ID's when you go to will call to pick up the tickets but it was never ever an issue. 

That's a great deal, @MissPuff! $20 for a concert is so cheap! I'll add it to the list now ๐Ÿ™‚

what a fun idea for a thread. For anyone here in or near the NYC area there are a lot of broadway shows that do student rush tickets so that's always worth checking out!

A ton of clothing stores have them as well although I know that's more a long the fixed line rather than changing! It's been a couple of years since I was a student but I remember for sure Jcrew had one. 

That's so cool, @Kim888! I'll be sure to add that to the list!

And I'll be sure to check out different store websites to see if they say anything about student discounts. I know Forever 21 and H&M sometimes have them, but I'm not sure if they're a permanent thing. 

Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 28 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos9
  • Screenshot_2018-06-01-15-19-37-1.png
  • Screenshot_2018-06-21-18-42-55-1.png
  • Screenshot_2018-06-22-12-38-22-1.png
  • Screenshot_2018-07-11-13-41-36-1.png
  • Screenshot_2018-08-08-13-36-16-1.png
  • Screenshot_2018-08-08-13-40-18-1.png
  • Screenshot_2018-08-08-13-40-32-1.png