cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

SEPTEMBER SNEAK PEEK!

SEPT18_TEASER_COMMUNITY.jpg

We can’t tell you too much about your September box right now, but let’s just say your makeup bag is about to get a serious upgrade—in more ways than one! We’ve redesigned your PLAY! bag so now not only is it seriously eye-catching, it’s also 100-percent recyclable.

Your box will arrive the third week of September, but here’s a buzzworthy hint to tide you over until then:

Your September box will contain one of these innovative products: boscia Cactus Water Moisturizer; NUDESTIX Intense Matte Lip + Cheek Pencil in Kiss; or OLEHENRIKSEN Truth Serum.

Re: SEPTEMBER SNEAK PEEK!

I need some foundations, mascaras, eye brow make-up! Please no more serums or lipsticks, I don't even use lipstick!

Hey, will this new revamped design actually close this time around because I can tell you after you changed from the bags to those cheap baggy things that they were open and my products scattered all around the box upon arrival. I'm guessing it will be another craptastic attempt to go even cheaper on these beauty boxes. 

I'd like the nudestix. I get so many OH serums and can't use them. Just too many repeats. I'll be unsubbing after December. I want to try some different subs, even though they cost more. I really dislike the new bags. I was using the fabric ones to put toiletries and overstock in for the homeless. For $10 how can I possibly complain? It's  just that I have tried everything.#

The new plastic bag is neither "seriously eye-catching", nor "100-percent recyclable". It is NOT recyclable or degradable, besides, it looks really cheap! Why change for the worse?! 

RE: Re: SEPTEMBER SNEAK PEEK!

I know! I reused the fabric bags, miss them.

I didn't know they came in glorified sandwich bags. The ad says "Collectible and reusable." I haven't even gotten mine yet and I'm disappointed

Didn’t really enjoy my bag. One reason being that I got a Marc Jacobs foundation in one of the darkest shades while my skin is fair so I can’t use that. If they haven’t already Sephora should add skin tones to your play profile so that when they do send any foundation products they are accurate for each individual’s skin shade. 

Plus looking at other variations of September’s box I wish I had gotten different products. 

It was a good box

Anonymous Insider

I loved the products I received. And I think it was a really good value for $10. The play box and allure are my favorites, with the best products. Way better than Ipsy and Birchbox, at least Sephora gives us products that we would actually buy or be interested in. I’ve got an ipsy bag for a couple years now and rarely use any of the stuff I get from them. I’ve got Sephora twice now and used every product. That says a lot about their selections. I’ll continue to subscribe and if they come out with a more expensive option that offers more or bigger sizes I will be signing up for that one too. 

Anonymous Insider

I loved the products I received. And I think it was a really good value for $10. The play box and allure are my favorites, with the best products. Way better than Ipsy and Birchbox, at least Sephora gives us products that we would actually buy or be interested in. I’ve got an ipsy bag for a couple years now and rarely use any of the stuff I get from them. I’ve got Sephora twice now and used every product. That says a lot about their selections. I’ll continue to subscribe and if they come out with a more expensive option that offers more or bigger sizes I will be signing up for that one too. 

It was the worst box!

I hate the new bag.

I always reused the cloth bags.

Granted that some were turned into cat or dog toys, by removing the draw string, adding cotton balls or polyfill, and sewing it shut. For cats, I would add a bit of Catnip inside before sewing closed, and for dogs, I would add a squeaker before closing it up.

Mostly I would use them to hold things on trips. One had my travel size hair products. One held my feminine products and soon on. They got used.

Plus, generally, cloth is far more biodegradable than plastic.

At the very least, certain bugs love to eat fabric. (As a seamstress/tailor I know this well.)

SEPTEMBER SNEAK PEEK!

love the products inside.. hate the bag it came in..

SEPTEMBER SNEAK PEEK!

Hi Girls this is what I found in my september play box!

RE: SEPTEMBER SNEAK PEEK!

Mainly posting so Sephora’s metrics can capture that not everyone hates this box. Personally, I loved mine. New bag? Not a fan of the weird “high-fives self” on the back, but overall great! I can take this on planes!! If my makeup spills, it won’t get everywhere, plus I can easily see where things are. I’ve only subscribed for three months now, and I immediately threw away my first cloth bag. I can’t imagine what I would do with twelve...I’m betting a majority of people either threw their bags away or left them lying around. So happy it’s recyclable. A biodegradable bag would be cool, too. As for my box, I had #681 and already regularly use the products I received! I FINALLY got to try a moisturizer that doesn’t break me out. (Ty Sunday Riley) Love the primer, love the mask, love that I won’t have to buy mascara for a while with all my samples. The nudestix is a nice pink, and blends okay as a blush when you use your fingers to rub it in and brush it out afterwards. Flowerbomb isn’t my favorite scent, but I’m so happy I got to try it! Great job, Sephora. Keep it up.

Hello, not sure if this is the place to post this, but does anyone elses boscia cactus moisturizer smell so so BAD???? Like bad alcohol ugh 🤮

SEPTEMBER SNEAK PEEK!

I'm with the 99% of people that aren't living this new bag. if I were to use something like this, a regular ziplock bag would be much more practical that this crinkly piece of plastic. is a cosmetic bag like ipsy does so hard to do? yall seem to do them for the smarts and luxe boxes easy enough. the regular drawstrings aren't necessarily useful but at least they can be used for something's. just not makeup storage.

Completely unhappy with the September box. First they changed the bag it comes in, it doesn’t matter it’s recyclable it’s totally cannot be reused for sure. Then I got three moisturizers for face like why three tho??????? Unprofessional. I swear I get a mascara every other box I don’t NEED any more!!! I mean it takes them three weeks to deliver a package how hard is it to mix and match things.

SEPTEMBER SNEAK PEEK!

A plastic ziplock bag...I love sephora play, but this change has me unbelievably upset. I threw the plastic in the trash immediately. No more REUSABLE cloth bags...Playbox is a complete joke now..

I have gotten the worst box out of all the other options for months now. Kinda sick of it.
651 Replies
testing