Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in PLAY! by SEPHORA
|

PLAY! DATES ARE GETTING A MAKEOVER - SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

Hi PLAY'ers,

Exciting news to share! In an effort to make our monthly PLAY! DATES even more accessible and fun, we are looking to you to help us rethink the experience.

Reply to this post with your ideas and recommendations for what you want to see at your local PLAY! DATE.  This could be product types, activities, or time/date preferences. All ideas welcome! This is about you.

We'll be taking feedback though the end of October, so get your share on!

xoxo

Team PLAY!

Would still like to see more stores added! DFW is a major...

Would still like to see more stores added! DFW is a major metro area with so many stores as well as locations in JCPenney, and only one store had the event, and there were no spots when I went to RSVP. That's pretty disappointing considering how big the area is! Would love to see more options.

I was so excited to see that they are back but sad to see...

I was so excited to see that they are back but sad to see the location selection is just as limited. Even though there are like 10 locations Sephora's and SiJCP in my area, none of them are listed as having play dates! 😭 Why are locations so limited @SephoraPLAY?

Re: I was so excited to see that they are back but sad to see...

Yeah, closest one to me is 160 miles away. I’m bummed. 😭

RE: Re: PLAY! DATES ARE GETTING A MAKEOVER - SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

You should absolutely leverage these boxes in conjunction with a simple, monthly associate training. If there’s buzz about these products in your stores, more subscribers would purchase full size and more people would subscribe! It would be an easy, blanket approach to get your associates in the know, but the status quo necessitates that WE become the experts—doing our own research while we’re waiting on our boxes to arrive. You want subscribers in your stores, right? Do your sneak peaks in your brick and mortar! No more online leaks!! More simply, sample the products you want to elevate in your brick and mortars, and get behind the samples via promotions and education.

Yay!!! Can't wait!! I've missed the Play Dates!

Yay!!! Can't wait!! I've missed the Play Dates!

RE: PLAY! DATES ARE GETTING A MAKEOVER - SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

Weekends and evenings would be great. I’ve moved since I started subscribing and my new local store hasn’t offered them. I’d love more local offerings and/or a ‘virtual’ play space space for people who may not be as close to a store. Also, maybe consider letting those who come leave with 1-2 samples that weren’t in your box. It may lessen the pain of box inequality and create more subscriber satisfaction!

Re: PLAY! DATES ARE GETTING A MAKEOVER - SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

I had no idea Sephora gave out samples to try before hand. Haha, - when asking for a sample they would say to buy the trial sizes in the check out or they don't do samples.  

But other than that hoe do we find abiut these playdate schedules?

Oh they do samples girl you just have to practically dema...

Oh they do samples girl you just have to practically demand them! I was treated so poorly in my store a few days ago bc I asked for samples! But indeed they have to give you a 3 day trial of product of your choice! they say you can only get 3 but I don't believe that bc I've heard other girls getting more than that

RE: Oh they do samples girl you just have to practically dema...

Technically, and this info is from an ex-Sephora employee / popular You-Tube personality, who says that you can request as many samples as you want of various products, so that you can get the full “try before you buy” experience. See her video by looking up: Amanda Ensing; video title “Sephora secrets that could save you Hundreds”! Hope this helps! Xoxo

Are the 2018 dates and locations listed anywhere

Evenings and the ability to exchange bags for samples or a certain amount of empty samples for a new sample. Also, the ability to collect your extra play points without purchase. I am so looking forward to a play date but i don’t even know when they are happening!

Do them on Fridays and Saturdays. It's so hard to get to...

Do them on Fridays and Saturdays. It's so hard to get to a Sephora late afternoon on. Thursday when you have to work the next day. Also, yes, more locations. I'm super close to a Sephora with ample parking but the Play Date is in one where I need to take either an Uber, pay over $20 in parking, or drive and then take the subway to get there. Too complicated.

PLAY! DATES ARE GETTING A MAKEOVER - SHARE YOUR IDEAS!

Weekends and evenings work well! It'd be fun to get first look at new product/free sample while watching a make up artist tutorial, could also vote on theme for next months box, get a glass of wine, and coupon for purchase that visit.

That’d be awesome!!
Anonymous Insider

Mt local Sephora is so stingy with samples!  They will give out none & give me a look like I'm pathetic when i ask for one available.  Products are expensive - they are nice to try beforehand! At playdates i would enjoy help with makeup application & color recommendations. 

Wow I am sorry to hear that. I’ve never known a sephora to be like that. Samples and customer service is what sets them apart from places like Ulta. Hopefully they will see your note and rectify that. 

I go into Ulta frequently (weekly) because there's one five minutes from my house whereas the nearest Sephora is double that, and the staff there is always nice. I haven't inquired after samples, but I might try just to see what happens.

♡♡♡Give out those samples in every purchase, they are samples! So hand them Out! On the play dates let's explore those mask and skin care products people love and are popular♡♡♡

Please, come to Medford,  Oregon! We're a smallish town, and tons of people will show up! 

More locations for sure, a lot of us can’t access a Sephora that’s over an hour away.

I feel like we should definitely get more free samples and everything like that, even in the mail for those who aren’t able to go to their local sephora so often, such as i, who lives almost an hour and 20 minutes from theirs. I wish we could also get more trial sizes in the mail. Also masks are something i’d like to see more of. 

testing