cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Oily nose and huge pores

Hello everyone!! I just joined. I’m looking for anything and everything that i can use to help my oily nose and pores. I’m 41 and it’s getting worse. I live in the Midwest so the humidity this time of year doesn’t help. So any and all suggestions would be great. I’ve tried so many foundations and powders and nothing has worked yet. Cleansers masks, makeup primers powders setting sprays. 

PLEASE HELP!

RE: Oily nose and huge pores

I have the same problem. I love the Cane and Austin mattifying primer for filling in the pores and controlling oil. It’s absolutely amazing at doing that and I’ve tried just about everything. Remember to exfoliate a few times a week, but also don’t forget to apply moisturizer so you aren’t stripping your skin of oils. Then it’ll just produce even more oil. I even apply Drunk Elephant’s facial oil at night and have significantly noticed a difference in my oil production the next day.

Re: Oily nose and huge pores

@Smokey76 Yes! This is a trick that I use for my glasses. It keeps the makeup on my nose allll day. First, use a pore-filling primer. I love TOUCH IN SOL - No Poreblem Primer for that. Once you lay that down, use the MAC paint pot in soft Ochre. Its actually a cream eyeshadow but I use it to carve out my brows and as an eyeshadow primer. But, it you put a light layer all over your nose, it will allow your foundation to stay allllll day. 

Hi @Smokey76,

I really like the BECCA - Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. It really mattifies the skin and keeps the pores minimal. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@Smokey76 From what I've read, hormones are primarily responsible for how oil one's skin is.  Thus, going on the pill or Accutane are often rec'd but of course they have serious side effects and that's up to you and your doctor to discuss.  There are some things you can do to mitigate the oiliness, though.  First, use a gentle liquid cleanser.  Many BICers including myself love First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL.  As for pores, you can't change pore size per se but you can reduce the appearance by making sure your pores aren't too clogged.  BHA is great for that.  I only rec Paula's Choice.  Mechanical scrubs aren't popular on BIC, but I use PHILOSOPHY - The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash on stubborn areas.  (Note: the product has changed over the years, and I prefer my old bottles; just be gentle.)  So, scrubs are up to you to decide.  oil blotting sheets really can help -  just use them routinely throughout the day.  I like Target's b/c they are effective and cheap.  Finally, my skin needed a little extra help with the humidity, and I found CLINIQUE Pore Refining Solutions Charcoal Mask 3.4 oz/ 100 mL to be a help.

Best of luck!  🙂

@Anonymous- agree with @greeneyedgirl107 advice - genetics and hormones mainly control oil production; I second PC's BHA - changed my skin forever for the good - no more breakouts.  I also use PC's 10% weekly AHA (I use it as a mild peel as I am very sensitive to AHAs).  So many others here recommend oil and moisturizer for oily skin under the auspice that it is dehyrdrated and producing more oil to compensate.  Dehydration = lack of moisture (water), oils, creams, gels do not put water back into your skin, the emollients keep water from evaporating from the surface but if you already have oily skin you don't need it. If you feel the need to "moisturize", try a product with sodium hyaluronate, which attracts water from the air to the skin - I suggest vichy Mineral 89 Serum (it's basically thermal water and sodium hyaluronate) unless you live in a very dry (desert) climate, in which case studies have shown that sodium hyaluronate may draw water from your skin to the air and cause further dehydration.  And I love Laniege water mask (if you find you don't like Clinique).

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much!!☺️

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing