Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Moisturizers?

Hey guys! I have SUPER oily skin and I’m using the TooFaced liquid foundation along with a Makeup forever primer. But my makeup is coming out pretty caked because of the weather! (I love the cold but my skin does not!). People have suggested finding a nice moisturizer to help, but I already have oily skin! Does anyone know of a good moisturizer that can ease oily skin? Also I bought the Kat Von D translucent powder to see how it goes. Any tips/tricks on keeping the makeup to stay? I’m new to the “baking” haha. Not sure if I should just change up my whole makeup routine or what! Help, help, and more help!

RE: Moisturizers?

Hello @Nena2019!! Looks like you need a moisturizer that will balance your skin! I would give the Biossance Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer a try! It is a lightweight gel moisturizer that helps hydrate but also brighten and minimize the appearance the size of pores which will help reduce the amount of oil your skin creates. Your skin will maintain balanced and prepped for makeup application I would also grab a soft matte primer and apply it only in the areas where you produce the most oil. I personally like the primed and peachy cooling matte primer from toofaced or the fenty beauty soft matte primer- it’s a lightweight, soft creamy like primer that goes on like a moisturizer! And for your powder, the kat Von d powder has small crystal like reflexes in it to give the foundation a skin-like luminous finish. So I would instead give the Laura Mercier powder a try because it sets the make beautifully and gives it a soft matte finish! Also if you like to touch up like I do, I like to use the pressed powder from fenty beauty to touch up through the day because it’s lightweight and absorbs oil! I hope this helps you out and good luck
Anonymous Insider

Re: Moisturizers?

My absolute favorite product is the Ole Henriksen hydrator that is from the balance line. It’s made for oily skin so it soaks in really quick and leaves no residue. Also did you use this primer/foundation combination in the summer as well?? Sometimes if I feel like I’m getting cakey, switching my primer helps! 

Hi @Nena2019,

I love the BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bomband the HERBIVORE - Pink Cloud Rosewater Moisture Crème. Both are lightweight moisturizers and they never leave the skin feeling oily or greasy. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@Nena2019 I second @quspork suggestion of the OH sheer transformation. It’s very lightweight. I also like the OLEHENRIKSEN C-Rush™ Vitamin C Gel Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL((plus it has a light and fresh citrus scent), or the ORIGINS - GinZing™ Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer. As for the powder, I tried the KVD and ended up exchanging it for what has been my holy grail... the TOO FACED - Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder – Peaches and Cream Collection. I have some texture on my cheeks and an oily t-zone and it’s the only powder that has set my makeup all day and hasn’t required me to blot tbroughout the day! Normally I would have to by lunch and this didn’t require any touching up! Plus for a couple dollars more than the KVD you actually get more product. I’ll keep buying it forever!!

@Nena2019  Generally speaking, gel-textured moisturizers are the best fit for oily skin. Here are a few of my favorites: CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion, BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bomb,CAUDALIE - Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet,OLEHENRIKSEN - Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing