Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Help me please

Hey, I’ve never been one to take care of my skin the proper way. I literally just use soap and apply lotion and go. That has not been beneficial. Are there any tips or skin care routines anyone is willing to share. I have hyperpigmentation and very oily skin. 

Re: Help me please

@UrbanDae I'd start simply with a gentle cleanser and gel moisturizer. Plus sunscreen for when you're out and about. Then after you've used that base routine consistently for a while, you can add in a hydrating product to help balance the oil or an exfoliant to help your skin glow and reduce hyperpigmentation. 

Cleanser options- philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser fresh Soy pH-Balanced Hydrating Face Wash 8.4 oz/ 250 mL KORRES Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser 

Moisturizers- CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion, Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion, belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra Moisturizing Sorbet 1.3 oz/ 40 mL Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Sunscreen- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen Invisible Broad Spectrum SPF 40 PA +++ COOLA Mineral Sun Silk Crème SPF 30 1.5 oz/ 44 mL or MDSolarSciences 50 Creme or Etude House Sunprise Airy Finish

@UrbanDae I would recommend starting with a kit. Give it at least one month. It takes a while to see the full benefits of skincare.  Take the skincare quiz to see what is recommended for you. https://www.sephora.com/beauty/skin-care-quiz

I like the Sunday Riley Flash Fix Kit  and Drunk Elephant The Littles™ Skincare Travel Set 

Hi,

fellow oily skin person here! First, washing thoroughly with oily skin is really helpful for keeping oil under control. Clinique has a face wash specifically formulated for oily skin and i recognize a big difference with that. CeraVe’s face wash for oily skin is great too! I recommend using a BHA like the Paula’s choice at night before moisturizer and a niacinimide like The Ordinary’s in the morning before moisturizer. Both of those help a lot with oil and not having clogged pores. Biggest game changer is the right moisturizer. Instead of using any kind of lotion, look into moisturizing gels. I use cliniques moisturizing gel (it looks kind of yellow) and it’s awesome for oily skin!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing