Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Good Setting powders for oily skin

Does anyone have any recommendations for good setting powders that keep you looking matte and keep your concealer in place? I've been using the Laura Mercier setting powder, I would take my beauty blender and press the powder onto my skin. But halfway through the day, my face is shiny and my concealer is coming off. If this helps, the primer I use is the professional and then I set my face with urban decay all nighter.  

Re: Good Setting powders for oily skin

Sometimes I feel like my skin starts getting use to one product and it becomes less effective so I like to switch it up between the Cinema Secrets Ultralucent setting powder and Laura Mercier. It has different shades and is also more affordable than the Laura Mercier one. 

Laura Mercier!!! 

RE: Good Setting powders for oily skin

Urban Decay Velvetizer Powder! I have super oily skin, and using this powder to set my foundation has changed the game for me. The powder is so fine that when my oils come through, it creates a smooth glow instead of a heavy, cakey mess. Only thing is that it can cause flashback if you don't blend it in enough.

@Gabstar3015 I have oily skin and my two favourite setting powders are Nars light reflecting powder and RCMA no color setting powder. I can’t say the face stays completely shine free through out the day because my T zone still get shiny after mid day but I never notice my concealer budge from its place. 

@Gabstar3015 I’ve actually been loving the maybelline FitMe loose powder for under my eyes! They come in different shades so I like to use a lighter shade under my eyes for added highlight. It sets my concealer down all day and it’s super duper affordable. I have a darker tone for the rest of my face. It’s beat out my Coty Airspun for drugstore powder! 

RE: Good Setting powders for oily skin

Laura Mercier, hands down 🙌🏻
Anonymous Insider

I really like makeup forever ultra I'd finishing powder....

I really like makeup forever ultra I'd finishing powder. I apply it with a brush and dab it in short strokes. it mattifies really well and lasts for the whole night. I spray with UD de-slick spray after I'm completely done with my makeup.

Same thing happened with me with LM, I've switched to cover fx and it works much better. The rms tinted un-powder is also really good

The Cover FX setting powder is definitely my favorite and I have pretty oily skin. I also use the Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder, which you can get at Walmart or most drug stores. It really fights the oil and really keeps your make up.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing