Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Best moisturizer for oily skin that isn't greasy

Hi guys! I have really oily skin and I don't moisturize because I'm scared it's going to make the oiliness worse (I know, I HAVE to moisturize).  What are the best moisturizers that will hydrate my skin and keep it happy without making my oiliness go crazy?

Re: Best moisturizer for oily skin that isn't greasy

I actually have really oily skin also and I have to be honest I don't really "moisturize" either. What Ive found works for me is using a cleanser- my go to daily is the Korres charcoal bar, then Ole Henriksen balancing cucumber toner and that's usually it, if my face feels a little dryer Ill use a hydrating spray like the Pearlessence Mint + Bamboo tonic water or Mario Badescu Rose water spray. But for an actual moisturizer the whole Ole Henriksen line is really great the the sheer transformation moisturizer is light and non-greasy, and I got a sample in my Play box a few months ago of Glam Glow's Volcasmic Matte Glow Moisturizer and it smells and feels nice I actually used this as a night cream. You can always ask a sephora associate for a sample of the products to take home to make sure you like it before spending the money! It's kind of a myth about the oil, using a serum or oil on your face will not make it more oily, it many ways it actually has the opposite effect, because your skin/face will think that you are producing too much oil and will help counter balance. I actually love using Clarins Double Serum, which is a HUGE splurge but i love the product and it smells great! I'm very much a person if the product doesn't smell nice or good I will NOT use it on my face. I also have a friend who's a beauty influncer that swears by Josie Maran's Argan oil, and she uses it daily. Hope this helps!

Hi @mcjohnson95!

I have sensitive oily skin and although I do like Tatcha's Water Cream, my skin needs a little more hydration so I use Peter Thomas Roth's Water Drench as I find it more hydrating/moisturizing.

RE: Best moisturizer for oily skin that isn't greasy

Tatcha's The Water Cream works wonders, and is specifically for makeup lovers

RE: Best moisturizer for oily skin that isn't greasy

I’ve been using Tarte’s Drink of H2O for about a year now and it’s been doing me wonders. It’s more of a gel than a cream, which I love! I don’t know if it’s supposed to do anything for acne but my skin has also been clearing up with use. It also primes your skin really well jussayin! ☺️

Here's the link to a recent thread that has a ton of great moisturizer suggestions for oily skin:   https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oily-Skin/Moisturizer-for-oily-skin/m-p/3323645#M9352

I like Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.

I like Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel.

Paula's Choice or Murad have good moisturizers for oily skin.  Try to find one that's oil-free.  Hope you find one that works.

Ole Henriksen’s Counter Balance moisturizer is the way to go 👍🏻

Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing