Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Moisturizer for oily skin ?

I have really oily skin. I'm Currently using the tarte drink of H2o but that one makes my skin even more oily. Because of my oily skin I've heard I don't need a moisturizer but after my face cleansing routine it just feels so dry so i feel like I need to put something on my face. Any suggestions ?

RE: Moisturizer for oily skin ?

The Tatcha Water Gel is great for oily skin! I’d give it a try! if not, stick to gels because creams clog pores and cause more oil and acne to build up 🙂 hope this helps!

I really like the jelly pack , it works as a moisturizer and primer

I personally use the Jack Black Oil-Free Moisturizer. It'...

I personally use the Jack Black Oil-Free Moisturizer. It's a gel moisturizer which is great for oily skin, and has niacinamide, which helps with any break outs, dark spots, and anti-aging. It's $30 for 3 oz, so I personally think its cheaper than most moisturizers on the market. HOWEVER, don't use this if you use Vitamin C or AHA/BHA's in your skincare, the niacinamide doesn't react well with these ingredients. Hope this helped 🙂

Re: Moisturizer for oily skin ?

@Zerimar Looks like you have a lot of good recommendations here.  I'll put my two cents in rec my fave moisturizer: CeraVe PM.  I've also read that FAB Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum is excellent.  Good luck!  You have a lot to choose from!

RE: Re: Moisturizer for oily skin ?

Thanks! I will def look in to this !

The Belif Acqua Bomb is def the best I've tried. I have o...

The Belif Acqua Bomb is def the best I've tried. I have oily.l, sensitive, and acne-prone skin, and it worked well without adding to my already existing problems.☆

RE: The Belif Acqua Bomb is def the best I've tried. I have o...

I've been eyeing this for a while too! Good to know ! Thanks !

I use Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. It's light enou...

I use Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation. It's light enough to use twice a day.

I have super oily skin and have tried probably close to 20 different moisturizers. Finally tried Kate Somerville's oil free moisturizer and I LOVE it! It's very light hydration ad sinks right in, not greasy or sticky. You should give it a try!

The reason we have super oily skin is because our skin is dehydrated. Your skin is trying to reproduce what you are lacking - oil.  You MUST use moisturizer, always. You will need two different types of skin care, one for day and one for night.  At night, do a double cleanse and introduce an oil cleanser to your skin. 1. Oil cleanse - Rinse. 2. Use Clarosonic with your favorite Cleanser (I use Ole Hendriksen's The Clean Truth - Takes EVERYTHING off but does not strip my skin from natural oils. 3. Tone with Witch Hazel (this product truly repaired my skin). 4. Dab some oil all over face, I'm currently using Josie Morin but there are so many good ones out there now. 5.MOISTURIZE - Heavily at night, use a cream base. Basically you are removing the "dirty oils and replacing them with good oils.  Daytime i use a 2-1 Cleanser/Toner (Elizabeth Arden 2-1) then i just put a dab of oil free moisturizer, most likely a gel base that will soak up quickly. Hope this helps! It truly helped me with my super oil skin.  I was constantly stripping my face from oils and not moisturizing and couldn't understand why i was producing so much.  Then i did my research and found this solution.  Good Luck!! 🙂 

what do you mean when you say "oil cleanse" sorry I'm tak...

what do you mean when you say "oil cleanse" sorry I'm taking serious notes here lol!

Re: what do you mean when you say "oil cleanse" sorry I'm tak...

Hi, after i remove makeup with some mircellar water, on days i used full face makeup, especially long wear, i use an oil cleanser as well.  I've been using Josie Maron's.  This step is before my soap cleanser.  With the oil cleansers you spread on face while it's dry (make sure hands are dry, as well) all over.  Then wet you finger tips with warm water and start wiping across face in circular motion, including eyes.  This step will definitely loosen any makeup/dirt left over.  The more water u add the more it will turn into a milky type of solution.  Then i use a warm/hot face towel and place on my face for like 5 seconds then start wiping it off my face.  Once i'm done with this step then i hop onto the clarisonic with my favorite cleanser.  Hope this helps!

Thank you for the tips this truly helps!

Hi, thanks so much for this. I just turned 65 and still h...

Hi, thanks so much for this. I just turned 65 and still have very oily T-zone. Wondering what you use for a gel based or oil free daytime moisturizer? PS: have been using witch hazel as a great toner for a few years, excellent and so reasonably priced. Thank you again!

Re: Hi, thanks so much for this. I just turned 65 and still h...

Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector. It's very pricey. I had a sample and I loved it!  Shiseido Pureness Matifying Moisturizer Oil-Free i like, as well.  Kiels has Ultra Facial oil free gel and Algenist Sublime Defense Moisturizer SPF 30, pricey but really nice. Ole Hendricksen Sheer Transformation is also nice, not gel, but not greasy.  I basically sampled many at Sephora before investing in the one i like. 

I completely understand your pain, and while I love the idea of Ole Hendrikson products, I didn't find that they kept me shine free enough. About an hour after using the moisturizer I was feeling oily again. I highly recommend Erborian's Yuma Double Lotion as a moisturizer instead. It goes on like a toner but it still leaves you feeling super hydrated. And it smells great 😊

I will def look in to this! Thanks !

The ole henriksen counter balance hydrator is perfect for oily skin. I use it every morning and it’s great!

Thanks !!!

yes!!! This product is a Life Saver!

yes!!! This product is a Life Saver!
27 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
testing