Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Sephora x Mario x Philosophy Live Event Thread!

Hello everyone (even all you non-Canadians!),

@Guessgal and myself were lucky enough to score invites to the Mario Dedivanovic and Philosophy skincare and makeup event in Toronto tomorrow. The class will focus on skincare prep and makeup application with (hopefully 🤞🏽) lots of tips and tricks along the way. We promise to take lots of pictures and notes to share the experience (in real time if possible). I'm not a KUWTK follower, but love learning about new techniques and trends from professionals, so super exited that this is my first experience at a Sephora event! 

I'm hoping there will be time for some questions, and was wondering if there is anything any of you would like to ask him? Preferably no Kim questions, but let me know and I'll try to ask him!!

Thanks @SephoraBIC and @BrendaBT for hooking us up with passes!

Re: Sephora x Mario x Philosophy Live Event Thread!

Thanks for sharing your experience @Aaliaa and @Guessgal! Looks like you had a great time. I loved hearing about his tips and tricks. Enjoy your gift bags!

The Thanks for coming gift - I'm all in for the bag.

I love when brands don't plaster their name everywhere!I love when brands don't plaster their name everywhere!

My brushes could use a deep clean so I'm going to try using the Face Cleanser trickMy brushes could use a deep clean so I'm going to try using the Face Cleanser trick

@Aaliaa  Thanks for sharing and the pics!! You and @Guessgal both look great and I hope you enjoy the gift bag! Glad you got to attend!!💞💟

OMG! Amazing gift, @Aaliaa. Purity is my favorite cleanser and their bubble baths are great quality, too

Skincare 

I forgot to mention they took all her makeup off with philosophy products on stage right after. This is the order they removed it in:

Purity Made Simple Cleanser - Mario really likes this cleanser for face and also to use on his brushes from time to time, since he says it’s good to give your brushes a break from harsh chemicals

Philosophy Micellar Water - This allows for some exfoliation because of the cotton against the skin

Purity Made Simple Moisturizer - as mentioned, this can double up as a primer 

Hydra Bounce Eye Gel - This is a new product for Philosophy that is coming out this year

Hope you guys enjoyed hearing about our experiences and learned some fun makeup secrets 💋💕

The sweet Aaliaa and IThe sweet Aaliaa and I

A pic of what was in our gift bagsA pic of what was in our gift bags

Anonymous Insider

Hi @Guessgal Thanks so much for sharing these tips on some of our most loved products! We never get tired of seeing an amazing makeup meltdown showing how efficient our purity made simple 3-in-1 cleanser is! We are so happy you had an amazing evening with Mario, and the philosophy Canada team.

Thank you for having us @Anonymous! I like how the cleanser & micellar water took the makeup off so quickly and that the routine only took 4 steps, which is great for busy days. I’m excited to try the rest of the philosophy products in the gift bag! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

We are so excited for you to give them all a try, and would love your feedback on what your favourite items are when you do!

@Guessgal @Aaliaa OH MY GOODNESS I wish I could heart this picture 100x times!!! You both look B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L, I'm so happy you guys had a great time. I loved reading about your experience, specially all the tricks Mario taught you guys. I'm definitely going to try the pencil liner to create a smokey eye! Thank you both so much for these pictures and sharing your experience with us ❤️ 🙂

#SUPERMARIO!!!

@Guessgal @Aaliaa I love love love love seeing y'all together IRL.

There's not a heart emoji big enough for how this makes us feel over here. Rock on!

Aawww how sweet @ShiraBT, it was nice to know we aren't all bots here 😂!

Awww thanks @ShiraBT @blackkitty2014. I love how this event brought us together so we could meet in person^^

@Guessgal@Aaliaa, you two are just too cute. Thank you for sharing with us. I hope I will able to attend these kind of classes someday. So fun!

@Guessgal @Aaliaa My heart!!! I want to frame this picture of you two and keep it at my desk ❤️ 😄

Ok I’m done being creepy but I’m so glad you two had a great time! I am also fascinated by the concealer technique... I hope I can attend a Mario class one day, the hype is real!

Thank you @KatieBT  That’s very sweet of you to say! Wasn’t too creepy I think haha 🙈❤️

Thanks @KatieBT and @blackkitty2014! I'm definitely going to try some of those tips, even the concealer one maybe! 

I really liked the case it came in. Its such a lovely grey colour with a light pink zip.

Thanks for the update 

Update #2:

Concealer

I was quite shocked with how much concealer Mario put on the model haha. He put one layer under the eyes, then roughly blended the edges. He then added foundation to that area and the rest of the face. After foundation, he goes in with yet another layer of concealer. The model didn't look cake-y from where we were sitting, but she was also young and had really good skin to begin with so that might've been a factor to its natural look in the end (I usually do the 3 dot method under my eyes so I can't imagine doing this method, though I'll definitely try it to see if it works!). Mario mentioned that he really likes the Laura Mercier concealer in shade 3C, which he says is a good shade for most people except those on the ends of the spectrum with very fair or dark skintones. 

He also used powder to bake her face, although I've never seen anyone bake the sides of the nose... is this just me?

baking along sides of the face and down the sides of the nosebaking along sides of the face and down the sides of the nosethey also took a lot of selfies hahathey also took a lot of selfies hahaIMG_1444[1].JPG

@Guessgal. Thanks for your input and pics!! Loved the one of you and @Aaliaa! You both looked great and looked to be enjoying the experience! Thanks again for including us with your experience!!💕❤ 

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos18
  • Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 10.17.52 PM.png
  • Starting eyeliner application with UD 24/7 liner
  • Tight-lining
  • Drawing and smudging out
  • Our own little personal red carpet entrance with Sephora Cast Members
  • The Lovely GuessGal and my white hair amplified!
  • Eyebrows
  • Power puff to avoid hand prints on the face
  • baking along sides of the face and down the sides of the nose
  • I'm guessing he's taken a few selfies in his life!
  • they also took a lot of selfies haha
  • IMG_1444[1].JPG
  • The sweet Aaliaa and I
testing