Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Thank you so much! And I appreciate the tip!! @Titian06 😊💅

@peculiarzmakeup lovely 

Thank you! 💕💅 @CorgiMommy 

Beautiful! We're both members of the short nails squad @peculiarzmakeup 🙂 I love the shade of polish you picked, it's so fun and vibrant! 

Thank you so much! 😊 I had fun doing them 💕 and short nail squad is a great name I love that 😊 @CynthieLu 

@peculiarzmakeup, oooohhh, what a fabulous color! 😍 I love how vibrant and joyful the shade is - a polish that looks great on all nail shapes and sizes! 

You’re happy?!! WE’RE happy that you’ve jumped right on in to share this gorgeous shade. 🩷 Hoping this will be the first of many more mani posts to come!

From someone with short nails to another, welcome!! Your sentiments are so touching! The encouragement and good feels from everyone here is really amazing. 

Thank you so much 😊 it’s always so fun to join in and try new things! The encouragement is so meaningful 💕🫶💅 @itsfi 

@peculiarzmakeup 

Oh yay, we love it when new folks jump in!!!!! This color looks fabulous on you, and with a little practice and patience, your lines will get cleaner and you'll be a pro in no time 💖💖💖 I can't speak for everyone here of course, but I love watching the journey of the new found polish converts, and I am so excited for you to join us!! 

Thank you so much! It is so cool to see everyone’s creativity and how things evolve over time! So fun! 💕💅 @RGbrown 

Cute manicure @peculiarzmakeup! I love that shade on you. It’s so fun and happy! And don’t worry about smudges or flooding. It happens to all of us!

Thank you for the encouragement! I really love this color as well 💅 @JoSometimes 

Some greens for St Paddy's Day 🍀

I had grand plans to spend a good chunk of my day off yesterday doing an oil soak, a good cuticle cleanup, and even pull out some stamping plates, but then just never got around to it, and wound up sitting down to finally slap some polish on my nails at 2am when I needed to be in bed at 3. Why am I like this? 😖 😂 

Zoya Rina (thumb): I actually swatched this up as a topper since it's nothing but a clear base with glitter, but the glitter is dense enough to provide full coverage with three easy coats. It's a mix of tiny green glitters and small green bar glitter with a few larger silver holo bars thrown in. So much sparkly fun 💚

OPI Peppermint Bark & Bite (index and middle): super dark green, definitely an "almost black" with a hint of gold shimmer. Much thinner and more sheer than I expected, this was a three coater for me, slightly fussy to work with as it was super prone to pulling bare spots in the layers below, even with just my first stroke of the next coat. It certainly isn't the most difficult polish I've ever used, but I really wasn't expecting such thin coverage from such a dark shade (I also wasn't expecting it to be so dang dark). Topped with Sally Hansen Glitter Glam, a mix of green, aqua and blue iridescent bar glitters in a clear base. It's subtle, but the dark polish underneath really helps the glitters pop

Londontown Illuminating Nail Concealer (2 coats) + Zoya Rina (1 coat) (ring): I wanted to wear this as a topper in addition to the full coverage nail, and you can see it's pretty dense even with just one coat. Plus, the bar glitters stand out a bit more this way, and y'all know I love me some bar glitters 😋

Pop-arazzi Dancing In The Meadow: vivid green cream with contrasting blue shimmer. The blue is subtle, but can be seen irl in the right light. Easy to work with, two coats probably would have been enough for most nails (minus the one I bumped on my other hand, sigh), but the 3+ coats on all my other nails had me do three of this one as well. Easy formula, another nice polish from CVS! 

IMG_20240313_115026032.jpg

Full sun 

IMG_20240313_115050693.jpg

Indirect light 

IMG_20240313_115136411.jpg

Right hand, full sun. I'm unhappy with my middle finger and had no plans to show this one, but the blue shimmer in Dancing In The Meadow shows a bit near the base of my thumb nail of this pic, so I guess it's worthy lol. My middle nail started out the same as my index on my left hand, but I was unhappy with the glitter distribution of Rina, so I added a layer of Cirque Lime Jelly on top...and ugh, it's too same-y to the color of Dancing In The Meadow and I feel like I lost good contrast. It's not awful, just disappointing. 

Loving the greens @RGbrown 💚 Zoya Rina looks incredible as a topper!

@RGbrown  Sorry your one finger was not how you wanted it. I think they look gorgeous!

Great St. Patrick's Day mani, @RGbrown ! 🍀🍀🍀  Love the Zoya Rina, bar glitter and all.  My fave is your middle finger on your left hand...yep, the one you feel didn't work out.  It's the lime green that adds to it and makes it different. 🙂

@RGbrown unrelated to your actual mani but do you like the Londontown nail cocealer?  Have you tried their Nail Veil?

@CookieGirl1 

I love both formulas! I reach for the concealer any time I wear something sheer as it does an amazing job of canceling out my staining (which is super dark, nearly orange on some nails), and I like the soft white base it gives me. I'm almost halfway through one bottle, and have a backup on hand! 

For the nail veil, I've got shade 4 and have only worn it once. The formula was fantastic, but the color didn't float my boat at all. It would be fine for me under something shimmery where the color doesn't show through, but the one time I wore it, I used a clear topper and the resulting mannequin hands made me deeply uncomfortable lol. I want to get 7, 8, and 9 at some point though, just waiting to get them for half price (which may be a long while ha!) https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/Show-Me-Your-Nails-2-0/m-p/6591294/highlight/true#M33278

@RGbrown I was looking at the light pink veil (no idea what number it is and I'm too lazy to look it up right now, lol) so that helps to know that you like the formula(s)!  Which seems to be more opaque?

@CookieGirl1 @RGbrown - I have nail vail 1 and even for me it's too light.  The best comparison I have is Cirque Colors ridge filling base coat; they're basically the same color at one coat each.

Londontown has 25% off everything through 03/18/2024

Code:  LUCKY25

@Titian06 thanks for your input!  Every once in awhile GMA Deals runs Londontown for 50% off and I always look at the concealers and veils and consider them but neither ever actually makes it into my cart.

@CookieGirl1 

The candy pink one? It's 7 iirc (maybe 8, but I think that's the red one...either way, it's on my wishlist too lol).

Hmmmm, I'd have to do a side by side to fully compare which is more opaque, but I thiiiiink the concealers have a slight advantage from the shimmer they contain, at least the original one that I have vs the no. 4 nail veil. I can usually get "good enough" coverage over my stains with 2 coats of concealer, but used three coats of the nail veil the one time I used it (but I also don't remember what 2 coats of that one looked like, maybe it has more coverage than I recall...will have to test it at some point!)

30,064 Replies
testing