Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Anonymous Insider

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@Tamara76

The picture really doesn't do it justice. It's much richer, deeper, with a lot of fine sparkle. A lot like your Black Orchid! To me it looks almost exactly like Black Orchid but the photography and computer screen probably changed that just as it changed mine, you know?

I haven't had my hair done in awhile so it's just blah now, but I'm getting it redone Saturday, same as before - completely bleached, colored Silver, with purple streaks on top, cut in a messy pixie. The first time it was done, she spent about 4 hours bleaching it. It didn't bother me AT ALL, so last time it was down to 1.5 hours! It's funny, she tells me about all the people who complain about the bleach, her eyes are running, she's opening the window, and I'm sitting there not bothered at all! LOL!!

I have some beautiful Silver stamping polish. I want to put Silver roses on top of the purple. I keep looking at this polish and liking it even more! I also got Meow, a wonderful green, both from Canada Nail Polish (directed there by @Beadshopgirl , of course!)

Your hair sounds beautiful!  @Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

Thank you @Tamara76 ! You're really sweet! My natural color is beige, dull, boring, just plain awful. One day I called my hairdresser and I told her I wanted her to color it silver with purple streaks. She said it couldn't be done, I said it was all over YouTube! So she went to the supply house and researched it! And on we went!!

It's so much fun, she has a one-woman shop. I bring the booze! And when it's done, I feel so much better (and it's not because of he booze!)

That’s gorgeous @Tamara76. I love ILNP so much!

Thanks!   Me, too! @PrettyPaint 💗

@Tamara76

Gorgeous! Imma gonna hafta break down and place another ILNP order one day...the world needs more holo!

Yes!   There is never enough holo!  @RGbrown 💗

Anonymous Insider

@Tamara76  - that Black Orchid is too much for me! I haven't gone back to the ILNP site since I first saw it (and wanted everything!), now I'm going to give in. I'm not strong enough to resist.... I need a nail polish storage solution already!

I went to ILNP.com and found Black Orchid...and then Firefox went bonkers and won't let me see it. Or anything else on the site! <grrr!> What does it say on the bottle, please?

And now I'll close my laptop and say goodnight to all!

@Anonymous

If you have some patience, do this:

Sign up for an account at ILNP. Maybe throw some stuff in your cart. Then...walk away. Here's the patience part...some time later you'll get an email with a 20% code. I can't remember exactly how long, but somewhere in the neighborhood of more-than-a-month, more-like-two-months (yeeeeessss, I said patience 😂 )

I just remember I had more than enough time to completely forget ILNP existed when I got the coupon 😄 I used it to place my first order, and a couple months later I got another coupon. I missed out on using the second one but am biding my time, hoping another one shows up in the next month or so.

Anonymous Insider

@RGbrown

I had my message all done and I lost it!

One more try...if I fall asleep, I'll hit Post.

Rosewater

Private Cabana

BFF's

Versailles

Full Moon

Yours Truly

Wallflower

What do you think? I'm hoping for a Christmas discount!

Pruning suggestions welcome.

@Anonymous

All lovely selections!

I have no pruning suggestions, but I will say...don't overlook their Ultrachromes! They are just as lovely as the holos (if not more so!) 😄

And now I've started my wish list lol

Masquerade
Reminisce (H)

Kings & Queens

Time In A Bottle

Velvet Rope

Abundance (H)

Anonymous Insider

@RGbrown

Ultrachrome - Sirène ! It's perfect...

I already have Hush, which is the slightly more blue teal variation, where Sirene leans a bit more green teal. It's so lovely! 😍

@Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

@RGbrown

You're really into the complicated colors! I'm more attracted to the simpler ones, the complexity may come later for me. It's hard for me to even imagine them from reading the descriptions! "Aqua-blue" is easy to imagine, but a color that "shifts through spectacularly vivid hues of teal, blue, violet, orange, and red" makes my head spin.

Has any stranger actually stopped you to look at your nails? I hope that's a little exaggeration. I don't think I'd like having someone grab my hand to look at my nails!

@Anonymous

Nope, I've never had a random stranger stop me to ask about my nails lol. I do get cashier comments sometimes when I'm checking out...I guess they're still "strangers", but they aren't random whack jobs hunting me down and snatching at my hands 😛

Get one Ultrachrome to test. They are simply amazing IRL...you will be hooked!

Anonymous Insider

@RGbrown

Sirène - there's one picture that shows the green to purple shift, that hooked me!

But if I start robbing banks to buy nail polish, it's all your fault!! 😉

@Anonymous

I did a little digging in my email for ILNP coupon insights/timing:

• I got my first email from them Jun 2, which means I signed up sometime around then.
  • I got my first 25% coupon on Aug 1, which I used (I was thinking 20% but noooo,  it was 25%!). Valid for 2 days only
  • I got my second 25% coupon on Oct 1, which I did not use. This one was valid for 3 days.

Based on that, I'm hoping I get another q on/around Dec 1!

If you do get one of these coupons, be ready...they were only good for 2-3 days, so don't dally 😄

Anonymous Insider

@RGbrown

I think you need one more...

I'm going to look at these, if I can get a browser on my laptop to display ILNP.com.

Do you use Chrome or your phone?

I wish I had more hands! 😉

@Anonymous

I don't *need* any 😅

Yes, I use chrome exclusively, both mobile and desktop. 

Sephora's site has gone to sh!t lately, and I can barely browse at all...lots of errors and dead ends...which is fine, I don't actually shop here much lol. It took me 20 minutes of playing and hunting and trying over and over just to get two things in my cart for my sale order 🙄 

I've never had much luck with Firefox...it crashed too often and was a massive memory hog when I last tried it...but that's also been a couple of years ago, so I can't really say what it's like lately.

Oh no!!!!  Sorry for your technical glitch!  I gave up on Firefox and switched to just Chrome!

I currently use Snaptight containers stacked 5 high for my nail polish, but if I ever get my beauty room, I want to build some sort of a display case for easy color selection.

Do you mean the words on the bottle in my pic?  That's just my watermark - it's my ig handle - I add it to pics I post here and on social media. ❤️ 

Black Orchid is a beauty! ❤️   @Anonymous

Anonymous Insider

Chrome kept messing up Sephora, I couldn't use it at all sometimes. So I switched to Firefox. Now I'm finding websites that don't work on Firefox. I'm wondering if it's really a problem with my Windows 10 laptop, I put AVG Free on it, maybe that was a mistake?

@Tamara76  are you using Windows 10 + Chrome? And I know you're using Sephora, do you shop much? It was shopping where it would fail, not Groups.

I'm wondering if I could get Windows 7 on the laptop somehow! (I don't think so, they made hardware changes for 10, I think)

2 Replies
testing