Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

New ro nail art and care, can I get a breakdown of of the different types or nails nd polishes?

Hi guys, new to the nail art space. Ironically I wasn't interested until my aunt insisted I paint my nails and surprising it stopped me from my bad habit of the occasional biting.

I looked up some designs I like but my budget is quite small for me to invest in this hobby now. Some of my friends go to salons, some do it themselves. I see lots of different versions but don't understand why some people will use fake nails, then paint over it, then those who paint their real nails. Then there is terminology like gel nails 💅,  acrylics, various paints  and the coats? The moment the paint chips off, the girls I see online go through a process to get it off completely even if the rest of the art is still there. I'm really confused if they do it for cosmetic purposes or if having chipped nail polish can cause problems later.

With this post, I'm wondering if anyone can help me breakdown the different type of nails, why some would be better than others and the process of caring for nails before getting them done. 

Spoiler

Re: New ro nail art and care, can I get a breakdown of of the different types or nails nd polishes?

Hum, On the community page,  use the search and try looking up the thread for Show Me Your Nails

Everyone on there is so helpful and knowledgeable about nail care and can probably answer alot of you questions @LenZzi 

I learn about reading through those posts and asking questions sometimes along the way 🙂

Re: New ro nail art and care, can I get a breakdown of of the different types or nails nd polishes?

Thanks for sharing this, it is very useful.

Oh I am not the best person to help with this @LenZzi , BUT you may also want to check out the Show Me Your Nails 2.0 thread - loads of great nail conversations happening over there. 🤗

Ooops I didn't read all the comments,  that's the thread I was taking about 😅

@LenZzi 

I'll check it out of course! But was hoping to create a beginners thread or be linked to some. It's quite a lot to look through but lots of nice looking options too

😖

totally get it @LenZzi - that's a super popular thread! 

Sry for the typos I was on mobile 😓

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing