Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

The EM Cosmetics Thread

Any other EM Cosmetics fans? As she has come out with more new products decided we probably need a thread for her. Just received the new Moonbeam Cushion Highlighter and it’s so lovely and glowy!  Well-priced also. Please share any you have! 

Tagging @itsfi @WinglessOne and @CookieGirl1 as I think you have tried some products and probably have helpful thoughts! 😊

082326CF-45B5-4314-8D4B-3F23BACBF1B4.jpegB0772D34-19B5-4B79-BA7E-9EF7B1B54B2D.jpeg4673929A-3CCD-4ECA-B3CD-DE0E7C2875B4.jpeg2BBAFCDD-205E-4960-BA04-6A9CEE43558E.jpeg

Re: The EM Cosmetics Thread

Thank you for starting a thread for this brand @Sunnysmom! I have a small (but growing) collection of Em Cosmetics. ♥️

Oh that’s so fun @itsfi , it seems like many of the shades would be in your wheelhouse! 

@Sunnysmom, practically all of her shades! That's both good and bad. 😂🤣😂

The fear is real @itsfi ! My palms start to sweat I think when I see a new Chanel release! 😂

Ok @Sunnysmom I have been perusing the site and everything looks so tempting! I have now decided that instead of replacing my standards, I will try out something new here and there. The Soft Blur Velvet Lipliner in Fawn is in my basket, to replace my UD Stark Naked so far. A couple of questions/observations for others as well who have tried the brand@WinglessOne (I am standing by for your update😉@itsfi @CookieGirl1.

The Color Blush Serum Drops - curious how this lasts throughout the day. They also all appear to be matte. It appears if one wants shimmer, then Heaven’s Glow is the way to go? Any thoughts on the performance on the lip liner would be an added bonus!

I cannot speak to the lip cushions @eshoe but the others are very pigmented glosses , not too sticky but a little. And the Lip Clouds are like a blur lip tho a little more intense I would say. I do like them but understand if CookieGirl says the cushions are not too remarkable. They look comfy but definitely similar to others.
The serum drops last ok throughout the day but I wouldn’t say maybe all day and night? I do layer mine with a blush stick over it, powder blush or Venetian Rose most often.  But it’s such a soft luminous glow. Heaven’s Glow would definitely be the way to get the shimmer you are wanting. It’s so silky and applies very evenly. It’s one of my fav blush powder hybrid things. 

This is extremely helpful @Sunnysmom. I am not expecting a product to last all day, as there will be magical setting powder in my world, ha! 

Wouldn’t that be so great tho @eshoe ! The perfect product to last all day and feel great! 
What’s your fav setting powder would you say? 

@Sunnysmom Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucent has been my favorite for a few years. It used to be a more talc-like product, similar to the By Terry Hyaluronic Acid Setting Powder. I still love it though. I just finished my jar today, after a couple of years. 💗it! 

That does look like such a well performing and popular powder @eshoe . I have a mini of it I think and should get it out! I love a light translucent look if so. And it’s in a pretty jar also! 😊

Yes, pretty helps, @Sunnysmom. I had to rearrange my daily makeup drawer after losing it, it had fit perfectly and looked so pleasing! It is also good to see what changing things up a bit can do😉

@eshoe so far the only thing I've tried is the Lip Cushion (I got two shades) and I like them but I honestly think that they're a little overhyped. Have 8tried the SEPHORA COLLECTION Melting Lip Clicks Lip Balm or the tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm balm-glosses? The Lip Cushions have very similar packaging and are just a bit less glossy than the aforementioned products.  They're comfortable but at the end of the day I feel like I have tried other similar cream lipstick formulas but these are just slimmer and cuter, lol.

I'm definitely not upset that I got them because I think that they're nice and I like the colors that I chose but for some reason I was maybe expecting them to be a little *extra* or really unique.  Could just be because I had my expectations too high 😂

The Heaven's Hues blush in Venetian Rose is still on my "to buy someday" list but it hasn't happened (yet!).  I'd love to know if you end up with anything! 

Oh yes the Venetian Rose caught my eye, too @CookieGirl1. I appreciate your thoughts on the Lip Cushion. I prefer either long-lasting, creamy satins (which don’t exist in reality 😂) or goopy glosses.

Thanks for the tag, @Sunnysmom , and for starting this thread! Bookmarking now so I can come back later with a few product thoughts. 🙂 

Yes thanks  @WinglessOne ! I know you didn’t like the brow product or something right? I have not tried that. Will be good to hear all your thoughts on what you’ve tried. 💞

@Sunnysmom  Yep, the brow pencil hurt my feelings. Then again, I generally don't like super creamy brow pencils. I need to play a bit more with the Faded Clementine eyeshadow palette... this reminds me to set that out near my brow pencils so I'll use it the rest of this week. 

That’s right. Good to know @WinglessOne . 
Oh you have the eye palette! I think that looks so nice , I was curious about it. It’s been on my list since spying it! 

Do have any strong feelings about Brow Wiz, @WinglessOne? I am not a fan of creamy eye pencils, either. That is the only one that has worked for me so far. Is there is something better out there, I would love to know about it! @Sunnysmom 

Hmmm I don’t know, @Sunnysmom. I am currently alternating between Glossier Boy Brow and Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel Flexible Medium-Hold Eyebrow Setter Clear. I used to prefer the ABH for how it freezes everything in place, but as I’ve had to mess with my routine thanks to running out of Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil, I’ve found the Boy Brow more amicable. It lets me play around with my brows more before calling it quits out of frustration.

I am crazy about the Merit @eshoe . I am such a brow rookie and this seems to have the perfect consistency. It’s so easy and I have small sparse brows. It’s not too wet or flaky at all. Prob not as wet as Glossier or Benefit which I have tried in the past. 

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 85 replies
  • 286 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos43
  • 082326CF-45B5-4314-8D4B-3F23BACBF1B4.jpeg
  • B0772D34-19B5-4B79-BA7E-9EF7B1B54B2D.jpeg
  • 4673929A-3CCD-4ECA-B3CD-DE0E7C2875B4.jpeg
  • 2BBAFCDD-205E-4960-BA04-6A9CEE43558E.jpeg
  • DC68EA51-5B6A-48B1-B0F5-6BC606F7472F.jpeg
  • 57486A29-6EBB-44F2-9B70-7F23D192DA91.jpeg