Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

The new CT Pillow Talk Romance Light multi glow highlighter.  Lovely shimmer with minimal sparkle mainly on the pinky shade only. April 7 on Sephora. 

Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Multi-Glow Face & Eye Highlighter Palette Romance Light 

E1A8B7D5-0D08-441C-90D0-6424C8AAA7B0.jpegCB73B852-CB72-41E3-B1C4-38AD98A61CF6.jpeg

That packaging is gorgeous! Just to look at it and not touching it! 😅 So beautiful @Sunnysmom,!

really great swatches @Sunnysmom, thank you! Such a gorgeous highlighter.

Thanks @makeitup305 ! Did you pick this up as well? I can see it on you! 🥰

@Sunnysmom I swatched it during the sale but skipped it. I have some shades in my collection that reminded me of it so I held strong 😉

Admire your strength @makeitup305 ! 😘 I’m trying to pick my battles as best I can, baby steps for sure. Ugh. Lol 

@Sunnysmom I was eyeing this highlighter. Do you feel it's a must have or do you think I can skip it? Thanks so much for all your lovely swatches 💜

Hmm @niki172 , good question. I think if you have others from Dior, CT, Chanel, LM, BB, ND, Guerlain even etc you are probably covered tho this one may be cooler. I think Chanel and Dior are prob closest esp the newest Chanel Camellia as it’s more shimmer vs sparkle. I will dig some out for comparisons and find you? The thing this one offers to me is the slightly more deepened pink/ mauve /plum shift vs others. That helped me rationalize it! Plus the little discount from CT helped as well. Sephora’s 20% would clearly be better but I didn’t know how soon it would be coming so I pulled the trigger! 😆(I’ll be curious to see the other shade that @TraceyEB bought I believe as it looks quite a bit warmer but I was worried it would maybe be too warm).😘

@Sunnysmom well I do own Dior Dior Forever Couture Luminizer Highlighter Powder 02 Pink Glow and of course you know I have the new Chanel so it sounds like maybe I'm good to go then(?). A plum shift is interesting but I'm not sure how it would play out on my skintone. Thanks for all your help!

The plum is light, but I think you’re probably good @niki172 😘. Bet those are just beautiful on your skin. 🥰

chiming-in to say: The new Chanel highlighter is warm-toned, per Temptalia's recent, positive Review.  I dig the embossed design on the CT one also! 

Hmm that’s interesting she considers it warm as mine is quite neutral and so translucent light as well on me @MvLL . Probably my weird skin. Lol But also previous Chanel (forget the names) highlighters are neutral/cooler too so I just thought if @niki172  had those they would also probably work. 😊

@Sunnysmom the swatches are very pretty!  How's the formula on this one?

So far I like it @CookieGirl1 . Soft and smooth, not much kickback and just right amount of shimmer vs blinding effect. Lol. I detect more shimmer than sparkle ( really only in pinky one) which made me happy. Looks like natural healthy glow that doesn’t settle into lines also vs too whitish . The compact is very light which isn’t good or bad just doesn’t feel super luxe but that’s ok. Price is good and sometimes too heavy is a pain. Imh. Are you picking it up. 

@SportyGirly125 oooooh those are so pretty! I had Givenchy Rose Perfecto Hydrating Lip Balm & Gloss 117 Chilling Brown in my bag and talked myself out of it. Your swatches are making a case for me to go ahead and pick it up. I keep trying to tell myself I don't need a new lippie but it's so hard when they're so pretty.

Oh man these are pretty @SportyGirly125 . Do you feel Giv 37 gives decent color coverage? Looks so smooth! 

@Sunnysmom @It’s a sheer red but can be layered on top of lipliner and lipstick like the look I did yesterday with it 

9B7F5192-C8C2-42FC-AA17-ABA80081126F.jpeg

@SportyGirly125, that's a lovely lip shade and a beautiful look overall!!

@TraceyEB Thank you so much 😊

Wonderful lipcolor & portrait, @SportyGirly125. Looks true-to-swatch.

4,943 Replies
testing