Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Thanks, @Sunnysmom ! 😘  It looks gorgeous on you!  I'm not a big highlighter user, but I put this one on my Loves list as soon as it showed up.  I really wanted to see a **real** swatch before making a decision.  It just may fall into my cart! 😁

Should we fall into the rabbit hole together @Titian06 😂🤣 I don’t need any more highlighter but I like this one. Ugh what to do @Sunnysmom 😂🤣

I know it @blackkitty2014 @Titian06 @tsavorite ! I have way too many highlighters and was really trying to be more mindful of using them up and not buying more. I think I don’t want more but somehow the subtle differences get me because they can really help out my skin keep any semblance of a natural dewy glow as I feel it’s gotten more dull as I’ve gotten older. Not fair! 😩

I did this little quick comparison of some of my favorites. I realize it’s tough to maybe see the differences but they’re there. Although some of the Chantecaille are LE they seem to follow the same formula for the most part for every season’s release. Truly GUERLAIN Terracotta Luminizer Highlighter Powder 00 IVORY is lovely and more neutral , most natural and Chantecailles are cooler at least on my skin tone. Also can’t beat theHourglass Ambient® Strobe Lighting Powder Incandescent and it’s prettiness and shine!

(It was on the right side of my arm but I see it didn’t even show up. Ugh. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Very tricky to get these to show decently! Wanted to also swatch Chantecaille Lotus or Glow powders but they don’t even show up really!

Apologies. 🥰) 

IMG_7247.jpegSwatches top to bottom on arm, HG and CDP don’t really show up down the right side of my armSwatches top to bottom on arm, HG and CDP don’t really show up down the right side of my arm

@Sunnysmom ,

Thank you for these additional swatches and especially for adding the Chantecaille and Chanel.  This is just what I wanted to see❣️

Thank you for reminding us of Hourglass, too.  It's wonderful to have informed choices. This is all very helpful to me!

Your collection is so beautiful! 🌛    🌜  

Oh good @tsavorite , glad if they are helpful to you! 🤗 I do find I reach for a highlighter often/ daily anymore! Can always use a little ooomph! 🥰

Thanks so much, @Sunnysmom ! 😘  The HG Incandescent is my go-to.  I also like the HG highlighters in the Butterfly palette.  I like the color of the Chanel though it's a bit shiny for my taste.  The others do look pretty cool.  I prefer neutral to warm.  Very helpful! 🙂

I love the HG too @Titian06 ! Wear it a ton. The new trio looks good too. Love the looks of the blush. Wish it’d pop up on Sephora asap! Lol. Agree on Chanel. She’s very shiny. Lol. I like more muted. 😊 Did the Guerlain fall into your cart accidentally of course ?! 🙃

@Sunnysmom - I ordered the Guerlain highlighter this morning.  I still haven't received my first order from last Saturday, so who knows when I'll  get it. 🙄

Oh man I hear you @Titian06 , it can take awhile can’t it. I hope you get them soon and love the Guerlain too! 💞

Ha @Titian06 I get that! It’s very natural so you may love it. As @SportyGirly125 mentioned , she doesn’t think it’s super remarkable which I totally understand , but I kind of love it for its natural glow. I have life’s little smile lines and I find Guerlain to be pretty forgiving! 😆🥰 That and Chantecaille which is the best imho. 😊

@Sunnysmom @Titian06 after seeing the swatch it makes me more confident with my decision. Especially the one I found online. 

You do you, @SportyGirly125 ! 🙂  I still need to make a trip over to the Chantacaille website before I make a decision. 

@Titian06  Lookfantastic has 25% off Chantecaille right now with the code:family

@Sunnysmom - Well, I'm not a super remarkable person, so it must have been made for me. 🙃  I still have yet to try Chantecaille.  Maybe one day.

@Titian06 @Sunnysmom I would choose Chantecaille over the Guerlain highlighter in a heartbeat. 

I love it too @SportyGirly125 , hear you but I do think they probably both have their merits one being the price point? 😊 I wonder if this new Guerlain is a little bit different formula as it’s quite soft too. The Chante has such a pretty illuminating glow but the Guerlain does too with maybe a bit warmer tone to it I feel like? I dunno. Just me but I feel like there’s a place for both 😊 Guerlain makes lovely bronzers and powders that’s for sure! 💞

@Titian06 

@Sunnysmom - My first bronzer was from Guerlain. 😁  I'll look into the powders.

I think mine was too @Titian06 or else an oldie but goodie from Chantecaille. The F and F would make them a good deal too! Thank you @SportyGirly125 ! 💞 My fav highlighter was the Perle Lumiere highlighter or the Moonlit Perle. Sigh. So good. They have terrific ones now still thankfully! 

Same here @Titian06 ! 😆 You cracked me up!! 😂😘

@Titian06 @I found this picture online that was helpful

41155D2E-C83E-4BF4-9199-01C30A721532.jpeg

These comparisons are great thank you @SportyGirly125 💞! Saves us lots of time so we don’t have to really do it too tho of course our different skin tones! (Tho I still like to do them just for our own use). 😆🥰 

testing