Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

MAC Colour Excess Gel Pencil Eyeliner

Black-Glide or Die

Lavender-Commitment issues

Blue-Perpetual Shock!

Frankie at MAC swatched them on my hand and I was shocked. These liners give you a little play time to smudge out but after that they do not budge. I rubbed my fingers back and forth after a few minutes and it was smudge proof. I also tested it out in 94 degree weather and washed my hands and it’s still there. I am obsessed. I picked up Nudge Nudge, Ink Ink since she said it was a hot seller and was similar to Costa Riche. They have so many amazing colors to choose from. I really want Commitment Issues next.

159B8509-2729-4008-AC53-E00B32B57187.jpeg

204BED5B-A775-4CDF-89B6-0508A3E1AD28.jpeg

MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt® Transforming Skin Enhancer Light Medium , Chanel Soleil Tan Medium, Saie Sun Melt Natural Cream Bronzer Light Bronze . Hard to tell with the lighting, but Mario is more cool toned/neutral, Chanel is more peachy/warm, Saie has more of a sheen. They all have a similar slippy texture.

20220625_213226.jpg20220625_213231.jpg

Swatches of the Oversized Chanel Bronzer in Medium and Deep (not that deep)

20220625_155106.jpg20220625_155119 (1).jpg20220625_155221.jpg

Nars radiant long wear in Light 3-Gobi

Hi @Lovelaurenbeth, I was in Sephora earlier today and remembered you were looking for a swatch of NARS Gobi. I swatched that shade along with the 2 shades next to it, one lighter, one darker.

NARS .jpeg

This was shot in store lighting.

Perfect swatches! Thank you so much! 

Happy to help @Lovelaurenbeth. The formula on it felt nice going on.

Victoria Beckham Beauty Reflect Highlighter Stick 

VBB Reflect Highlighter.jpg

VBB Reflect Highlighter Stick.jpg

this is SO pretty 

@itsfi so lovely! definitely on my wants list!

@makeitup305, I've been picking up VBB products since she first launched (lipsticks - they're lovely!!) and have been happy with everything I've tried. I don't always gravitate towards celebrity brands but hers have worked out very well for me. 💖

@itsfi I've tried their cream blush stick, their lipsticks, and their eye shadow pots. I love the colors of the lipsticks. I wish the blushes were a little more pigmented and long-lasting but the shade I have is gorgeous. I like the eye shadow pots but I wish they were are as glittery as Mink.

Love @itsfi ! Is it a bit gold leaning then? I was thinking a little bit cooler. So pretty! 

@Sunnysmom, there is some warmth to it, but I think highlighters like the Hermes powder or the Violette Fr. stick are much more gold or peachy-gold in color.

@itsfi - That's pretty!  Thanks for sharing!

@Titian06, I've been enjoying the VBB highlighter. The product is well named since it does "reflect" light well and gives a pretty glow. Will want to play with it more but so far so good!

Ok, not the best swatches since I blended them out (and I was wearing a long sleeve white shirt) but here are swatches of some of the newest cream bronzers I was able to find in store. I am a light-medium skin tone although my hand is more tan due to driving. I have neutral to warm undertones (my tan leans more golden instead of red)

from knuckles to wrist:

Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Sun-Kissed Glow Cream Bronzer 2 Medium 

Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Sun-Kissed Glow Cream Bronzer 1 Fair 

NARS Laguna Bronzing Cream Laguna 02 

NARS Laguna Bronzing Cream Laguna 01 

Saie Sun Melt Natural Cream Bronzer Medium Bronze 

tarte SEA Mini Breezy Cream Bronzer Seychelles (This is not a new release but it's one that I own, so I wanted to compare)

20220611_134104.jpg20220611_134955.jpg

Thoughts- The CT #2 and Nars #2 are very similar but the Nars is a little more brown. The texture of the CT is more of a velvety matte than a regular cream. CT #1 and Nars #1 are more neutral to cool (at least on me) and the Nars is definitely lighter. The Saie is more sheer and more thin but it's probably very buildable. It's similar in color to CT #2. Tarte Seychelles is a little more red than the other colors and a regular cream texture. 

Beautiful swatches @makeitup305! I have the CT and tarte cream bronzers but have wondered about both the Saie and NARS bronzers. Very helpful to see them next to each other. Thank you!

@itsfi how are you liking the CT vs the Tarte?

3,835 Replies
testing