Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

trendmood has swatches on Instagram 🙂

Did I imagine you posted these were already available? Do you know where? I don't see them on Burberry or any of the other usual places. 

They're on Burberry... Hidden... Under the bronzers is a section of LE Highlight powders. 

Ooh. Thank you!

I went to Ulta today and they had the new Lorac NUde Neccessities palette. The shadows were pretty soft, but not as soft as their pro shadow formula. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I just received this as a gift!  It's lovely and warm in person, but I can see it having a limited audience.  It's great if you're going for very natural, muted, no-makeup makeup, or if you want to use it in conjunction with other palettes.  The colors swatch great.  The formula is not the Pro formula, but it's a step up from the other limited edition Lorac palettes that I have, which tend to be a bit stiffer and dryer.  They're not bad, but they're definitely not the Pro quality.  This isn't really like either, though, it's right in between.  With any luck, this is a new formula they'll use for all their non-Pro palettes.  The shimmers are subtle, almost more satins, and have slightly better performance than the mattes.  The mattes are dryer, but they still swatch great.  I haven't tried a look with it, yet, but I'm really excited to.

Thanks so much for these! I was wondering about them! Wondering how they compared to the pro formulation. I think this is a gorgeous palette. I'd love to go try it out ... might have to swing by Ulta soon!

The pro formula is better in my opinion. Soft and more pigmented than these. As stated by JennBeth, they are better than than typical LE lorac palettes. 

I'm a nude lover 😛 but I'm on the fence about this palette.....

All the photos of the palette look so meh.  The Mega Pro 2 looked meh as well in photos but great in video/person.

Decisions decisions. Is this LE?

It was marked LE at my Ulta today. It looks nice, I may pick it up for my neutral loving sister:)

I'm curious to see swatches of KVD Innerstellar eye palette on fair/pale skin. It looks so pretty to me although I have never been particularly interested in the brand... Not that I need another eyeshadow palette but I still want to see it. 😉

I have the interstellar palette swatches on hand

image.jpeg

Thanks, annypoo! So many of these look so blue on your tone!

I have Innerstellar, so I can try to swatch it soon 🙂

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sorry, the lighting was tricky this morning so the pictures aren't great! 

But swatching it reminded me why I rarely use it - some of the shades are super disappointing. I swatched it the same way that the palette is laid out, so there are three vertical shades on the right side of my arm, with the rest horizontal. 

The top pink vertical shade is pretty, but I find it's a fairly sheer shade with a nice duochrome. It's VERY difficult to see on my skin - just kind of gives an opal effect? And the bottom right vertical shade is a pale yellow - this one seems a little chalky to me, and doesn't adhere well to my skin.

Third from the top horizontal is the dark purple - this one was very patchy and difficult to build up for a proper swatch.

Thanks for the swatches and the more in-depth review, lachaton! I really appreciate it.

Everything looks super pretty in the pan but a lot of these look like much darker colors than I normally wear. That combined with your review means it is probably a pass for me.

Does anyone have bite Shiraz, to compare to pepper and musk? I have pepper and musk, but no Shiraz 

I do!

L-R: Musk, Pepper, Shiraz

i122151mage.jpeg

Thank you! I wanted to get Shiraz. Would you call it a deep mauve?

Yes.  It's sort of in the same family as NARS Anna.  

Thank you mocha!

4,943 Replies
testing