Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@meganlisa I can swatch them for you when I get home if you like! I have almost all the shades 🙂

Yes, please!  I likely won't buy until Ulta has a promo.  Appreciated.  Any shades you don't like?

@meganlisa I like all the shades but Firestorm and Up the Bass look pretty much the same when I wear them.

Thanks @makeitup305 !!!

Yesssss, Cherry Skies. 🙂 And LOL at you choosing by name instead of by shade.

@TKLJ I couldn't resist the names.  Shameful, really.  I think if I remember correctly you were one of the people who recommended Cherry Skies (a number did).  It's so gorgeous!!!

Yes, I'm not big on liquid lippies, but Cherry Skies gets a pass from me. 🙂

the soft matte lip creams have such a fantastic range of shades (though i think they're lacking in the reds, everything else is fantastic !). 

colors off the top of my head i think you should try:

prague (berry-ish), san paolo (mid tone neutral pink), ibiza (which actually looks more like how morocco came across in my photos today--a bright coral pink orange thing). morocco is GREAT, but a proper bright orange. 

Thanks!  Next time ulta has that buy one get one half off!  I've started buying everything from Ulta (shampoo, deodorant, razors).  Especially when they have the 20% off or extra points.  Free makeup!

I have been impressed with these.  Didn't love my initial choices...I chose by name not shade.  But, next time I will check out your recommendations.

Thanks!

Very pretty! I'm thinking about placing an order with NYX direct to get some of the new shades. The Ulta near me is never stocked. 

@vegchililover78 I never find NYX in reasonable stock in any local store.  It seems to get cleaned out overnight or something. 

I can't wait to see what you pick.  Doesn't NYX have something like 25% off your first online order?

I think so if you sign up for the newsletter. The shipping minimum is $25 for free shipping which is pretty cool!

And they have some great products.  The milk pencil, a new black base...

I've also seen some other BTers mention the new highlight palette...

And they do site wide discounts sometimes.  Tempting!

I don't have that ct palette, but since you were also wondering about golden mink last night, here is a comparison.  You might run into a similar concern with golden mink as you had with nude dip; it is very subtle on our skintone.

i1217151mage.jpeg

TF is more coppery and CT is more golden.

Anonymous Insider

Spoiler
Untitled.tiff

TF-------------------CT

Source: http://blog.naver.com/suyammy (It's a Korean blog)

Wow, is that ever similar!

Anonymous Insider

You got the golden mink! 

🙂

I have *most* of the quads, except for Emerald Lust and Cocoa Mirage, so if you ever want to see anything, just let me know. 😉

Well, my *absolute* favorite is Burnished Amber, but I know that's hard to come by. 😞

The ones I get the most use out of are Silvered Topaz, Cognac Sable and Lavender Lust.  

ST is a beautiful 'neutral' palette that works for my skintone and I feel like it flies under the radar.  CS is a favorite because of the copper celestial.  LL ties with Crushed Amethyst for my favorite purple palette, but CA is d/c.  

Anonymous Insider

Sigh. I want Burnished Amber because it's pretty unique (at least I don't have anything similar) despite of the fact it's not what I'd use often, but it (obviously) seems to be nowhere!

I love ST a lot too. My go-to palette when I want to wear nudie lip colors. 

My mom's more tanned and warmer and I gifted her Lavender Lust (by her request), and sent her my gently used (2~3X) Seductive Rose and Cognac Sable. She LOVES all 3, esp. CS although I didn't really.

4,943 Replies
testing