Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: no trouble, I'm a true Virgo so lists/organizing is my ki...

😁i think my blush collection is one of the smallest i have so it really wasn't too much trouble..just don't ask me for swatches of my nude palettes! Lol😉😂@CookieGirl1 hope you find all you can handle during the sale!

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

TARTE - Cue the Confetti Eyeshadow PaletteIMG_20200111_162841175.jpg

IMG_20200111_162611976.jpg

The shades in person don't resemble the way it looks online, I feel like it leans more twords pink shades in the description, in person it's more tan/brown. Still very pretty

@lmaster I love those neutrals! 

Best,
Rebecca

They are really pretty @RebeccaBT I love the packaging

@lmaster @Thanks for the swatches!!! I was leaning towards picking it up if they were more pink, but I know I have lots of dupes of the tan colours. Thanks! You saved me from myself.

Yep, @missjeanie it definitely looks more pink online in the description 😣

@missjeanie same here! I though it was going to be closer to CT Pillow Talk quad 

@makeitup305 @missjeanie same,,, not the colors I thought it looked like online,, but I'm going to keep it, the packaging is super cute 🤷

RE: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Unsolicited swatches ABH lip set, and glitter set. Was on the fence with these but the swatches made me fall in LOVE!!! The lippies are awesome, beautifully pigmented nude colors that compliments most skin tones, and they def stay put... they can be a little drying, but no more than your average matte liquid lipstick. They go on very creamy and don’t seem to alter shades too much between application and drying. *pics below fresh swatch by set, and dried results with named text. So, I’m not a glitter person. buuut... these glitters are the bomb, frfr. Words, and pictures do them no justice. I initially thought the colors would be so similar you wouldn’t be able to tell them apart... but, they are actually more translucent than white, and only show off their shockingly different colors if the light hits it at the right angle. *see pics same swatches I just turned my arm. The glitter adhesive that comes with kit is in a nail polish bottle. Which makes it hard and confusing to work with. An ABH rep suggests that you mix the adhesive and glitter together on your hand or palette into a paste and then apply to lids. According to her do not apply the adhesive directly to ur eyes. (-__-) It was a pain to do that and I’m impatient so I just use too faced glitter glue and that worked like a charm. The containers also have an inner lid with sifter that makes working with the loose glitter a breeze! Both these sets are a steal at these prices and after you’ve bought yourself a set, they make great gifts too! Hahaha! ❤️

Re: RE: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Hi @mshellokiki,

The glitter and glosses are SO beautiful! I love a more "translucent glitter". Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca

RE: Re: RE: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Thanks! I’m glad u enjoy! ❤️

@mshellokiki great tips with the glitter! Those lippies are gorgeous 😍 Thanks for the swatches!

Np!! Glad u enjoy! ❤️

Re: RE: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@mshellokiki - Thanks for the swatches and review!  Pics are great!  💖💖💖

RE: Re: RE: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Thanks hun! My pleasure! ❤️

Unsolicited swatches of Pat McGRATH Ritualistic Rose Quad and MatteTrance lippies on fair skin:

8AC6F199-F6CF-4313-A939-452DFF53EA14.jpeg

12A71A6B-6563-46F1-9D44-D4A9A9C92357.jpeg

43672C1E-614E-4551-90B4-6B33ACDE2220.jpeg

Beautiful Stranger on the left; Femme Bot on the rightBeautiful Stranger on the left; Femme Bot on the right

871E0E57-ACB5-44EC-9213-48C3BB73F85D.jpeg

@gonerogue Those lip colors are too pretty! 

Best,
Rebecca

Thanks for the swatches, @gonerogue !  As the owner of somewhat lighter skin than yours, both swatches are very helpful.  I'm also not into pink, but I really like these colors--even the lipsticks!

@gonerogue Why did you do that? 🤪 I’m such a sucker for those lippie colors. I might have to get this set. 😉 Enjoy your pretties 💋❤️

@blackkitty2014  Pick them up during the sale so you won’t feel TOO bad 🤭💁🏼‍♀️

Beautiful swatches @gonerogue! I love those lip colors, would love to see how they look on you 🙂

4,966 Replies
testing