Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Very comfy, very nice range of shades @Georgiiiaaa ! 

Not yet, @Sunnysmom .  Rockefeller, Tribeca, and Forest Hills are my radar.

Rockefeller is gorgeous @Titian06 ! I debated that one, so good. Keep me posted! 💞

@Samtian here are swatches of my RdF haul and some of their other products in my collection.

IMG_3217.JPEGIMG_3213.JPEG

From elbow to wrist- Ash and Ember Eye Soots in Cultist, Half Light, Flora, Fauna, Mineralia. Then Celestial Sphere Gelée Eye Gloss in Caelum, Vela, Aria, and Serpens.

I hadn't tried any of their eye soots so I picked up two of their classics (Cultist and Half Light), which are both really nice, almost one and done shades, in a warm and a cool version. I picked up the other 3 in a set and was least excited about Mineralia but it looks so much better on the eyes for some reason. It's a perfect brown for me. I already had Aria and Serpens. Aria is a great one and done, glossy eye. Serpens is not a favorite of mine since it has an almost grey base that is not very flattering as the gold fades during the day and just looks kind of muddy on me. Caelum and Vela are both gorgeous. I haven't tried them much yet but Vela is a similar one and done like Aria and Caelum is more of a grungy smokey shade. I want Serpentine but that will have to wait. 😉 I love that they switched up the packaging of the eye products. The opening is now wider and it's made of glass. It feels quite elevated. 

IMG_3229.JPEGbc0579d1-981a-460b-8563-65a70987ad51.jpg

From elbow to wrist- Metamorphic Highlighter in New Horizon and Inner Glow Creme Pigment in Eros. Then Crystalline Matter Eye Soots in Moonstone, Fire Opal, Alexandrite, and Serpentine. The Highlighter is very sparkly but so gorgeous. The formula is a little heavy so it might not be very flattering but I love the sparkle and glossy sheen. Eros is very pigmented and a pretty brown shade. I haven't tried it yet as a blush or bronzer, I'm a little scared lol, but if anything it'll make a pretty cream eyeshadow. The Crystalline Matter Eye Soots are always really limited and I picked this set up last year. They're a little trickier to use, since you kind of have to scoop up the flakes and then squish them to get an even layer. They're gorgeous, though.

IMG_3250.JPEG

The two lip products are the Thorn Bite Peptide Plum Creme Lip Oil (what a mouthful!) in  Night Rose and the Enchanted Lip Sheer in Snakeroot. The lip oil is nice. The scent is a little essential oil heavy for me but I can't taste it and it dissipates quickly. It's quite hydrating as well. The packaging is nice and heavy. The color is very pretty on. I love the color of the Lip Sheer but the packaging is not a favorite. It feels kind of cheap for the price. If you push in the cap too much it'll break.

I love those colours so much they are so glittery and shimmery! @makeitup305 

@Georgiiiaaa it's a really cool brand. The shades rarely disappoint!

@makeitup305 ,

Your RdF eyeshadow swatches are beautiful!

thank you! @tsavorite it's such an interesting brand! They do some really unique products.

Wonderful swatches @makeitup305 ! You have so many pretties! ! I have some RdF stuff that I love! They really have some fun colors! 

@Sunnysmom I love that they do different stuff and aren't just following the trend or doing more of the same. Each piece feels well thought out and special.

Me too @makeitup305 . You’re right too. LE means just that! Creates true fomo! I bought the test tinted foundation last year and it wasn’t quite right but it felt ok. Did you as well? Or @itsfi ? 

@Sunnysmom I haven't tried the foundation but I wouldn't be opposed to give a shot one of these days.

I’m guessing they tweaked it to be really good @makeitup305

Now I want to add more beauties to my RdF collection @makeitup305. These are gorgeous!!! 😍 

Continuing to remind myself that I'm on a low(er) buy next year. But, a few of those RdF shadows my make it onto the list of permitted purchases. 😉

@itsfi They get me with FOMO because when the say LE they usually mean it. 

Greeaaat. Now I have FOMO and it’s not about any specific product either. 😂🤣😂 That is good to know about their LE items @makeitup305; I’ll keep that in mind (even if I’m on a lower buy next year, for the first few months at least).

@itsfi I'm going to try a low buy, too. It's the end of the year that always gets me 😔

I hear ya about the end of the year @makeitup305. I know there’s a huuuge rush of sales at the end of the year and I tell myself every year to pace myself and to not go overboard with picking everything up. And every year that plan goes by the wayside. I was much better last year but I still picked up more than I was planning on. 😆 It’s now low / no buy season for me. 

@itsfi Same!

@itsfi 🤗🤗🤗🤗 I’m so excited to try these over the Xmas break!!! My hair needs some TLC. This winter weather is really making some damage in my skin and hair 🥶🥶🥶🥶 

Keep us posted @Missnur!

For those who are wondering why Missnur & I are having this conversation on this thread, let's just say that the mobile app has a mind of its own. And, we thought autocorrect came up with some interesting arrangements ... 🤣

4,943 Replies
testing