Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

IMG_0507.jpeg

You have a great collection of Sol de Janeiro @soletaken 🤩🤩

I love all the stuff I post and sol de janorio

Those all look so great! @soletaken 

A few new Dior Velvet lips and TF Love Scene blush. 

IMG_5881.jpegIMG_5884.jpegIMG_5885.jpegIMG_5806.jpegIMG_5808.jpeg

@Sunnysmom ,

I love your Dior lipstick swatches!  Gorgeous!

I like the TF Love Scene Blush swatch, but I'm not sure if I would like it on me.  Maybe?

Ooh they are all so nice @tsavorite , love the new formulas! The blush is very neutral. Can be very subtle and is softly blurring too. You may love it! @blackkitty2014 might want to weigh in as well as she also got it. 

Oh wow! I love those colours they look great on u @Sunnysmom 

It’s a beauty of a blush @Georgiiiaaa ! 

MAC Molten Metal Highlighter in Many Moons Aglow

IMG_8895.jpeg

IMG_8898.jpeg

I love thé shimmer and the gold! @SportyGirly125  It looks absolutely perfect on you

@Georgiiiaaa Thank you ☺️ 

Wow this is a pretty gold @SportyGirly125 . Do these exist in other shades or is this a new formula etc? I’m not familiar with them other than the compact highlighters. 🙂 

@Sunnysmom it only comes in this shade. I was talking to the sales rep and her and I agreed it’s the closest thing to their lustre drops from years ago but not exactly.  More similar to their strobe tint illuminating highlighters and their Dazzle Drops. 

Ok good to know @SportyGirly125 thanks. I did like the strobe tints . I should revisit my drawer! 🥹

A few of the new Mario lips. Tribeca true cool red and Forest Hills wine which is almost like an intense Clinique Black Honey?! 

MAKEUP BY MARIO SuperSatin™ Lipstick Tribeca and MAKEUP BY MARIO SuperSatin™ Lipstick Forest Hills 

They feel like a heavy ish lip satin- like hybrid -balm almost with a comfy satin finish. 😳😂.  I wouldn’t say they have much of a stain even tho one swipe def does cover the lips and they remain very soothing and comfortable . They definitely also have a vanilla-like cake flavor. These remind me of something I have. 🤔 

@Titian06 did you pick any up yet?! These happened to be on the way home from my Whole Foods. 🤓

Spoiler- also some fast messy swatches of almost all colors. Some of the nudes are quite similar but I know the nude afectionados will see all the nuances ☺️. Was moving very fast because a lot of interest in these around me today! A few were missing, apologies. Bronx Baby on the top across is the hot ticket I am told. 💞

Spoiler
IMG_5682.jpeg

IMG_5692.jpegTribeca true blue red and Forest Hills wine- has some brown to it and almost like an intense Clinique black honeyTribeca true blue red and Forest Hills wine- has some brown to it and almost like an intense Clinique black honey

Ooh awesome, you swatched almost every one @Sunnysmom 😍

Can I ask what are your continued thoughts on this lippie? I really enjoyed the one I picked up (Soho)  I definitely ordered another. 😄

Did you ever find out what they remind you of?

@Sunnysmom No I don't own any of those. I'm wish I did thou lol. 😉 I bet they are fabulous!

I did order one more of the SuperSatin's. I wish they lasted longer too. I'm happy to reapply but it would be a nice touch if be they could manage it for us. 

I did really like that Soho faded away gently, it was a nice transition that I do appreciate. 

That’s a good point @CynthieLu . A good fade is great! I’m also comforted by the fact that you think they could be more long-lasting! I always think that’s just me! 🙃

I really enjoy the comforting feel of them do you @CynthieLu ? Because my lips are quite pale I do wish they had a bit more pigment and were longer lasting. But I can live with it because they feel so nice. 😊 A few similar lips that I compared come to mind tho they’re still not quite exactly the same ,grr lol . They all have that heavy balm feel. Ogee ,Red Apple, Le Rouge Francais , Gucci Sheer Lipstick 506 Louisa Red , Gucci Hydrating Lip Balm 4 Penelope Plum , and MERIT Signature Lip Lightweight Satin Lipstick L'avenue seem close ish. Do you have any of these? Still working on comparisons! ☺️

Ooh! @Sunnysmom  These look like some great colours!

4,943 Replies
testing