Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@itsfi 🤗🤗🤗🤗 I’m so excited to try these over the Xmas break!!! My hair needs some TLC. This winter weather is really making some damage in my skin and hair 🥶🥶🥶🥶 

Keep us posted @Missnur!

For those who are wondering why Missnur & I are having this conversation on this thread, let's just say that the mobile app has a mind of its own. And, we thought autocorrect came up with some interesting arrangements ... 🤣

@itsfi I don't respond as fast as I should because I don't like using the app on my phone. 

@makeitup305 Wow those are stunning thank you! The only one we have in common is Flora. I was part of the testing group for the lip oils, that is a pretty new shade they added. I don't have any of the other eye products but that is good to know about them. 

@Samtian I just started trying out their products last year. This year the whole LE collection (the new horizon highlighter, the eye gloss, and the two lip products, were free with purchase over a certain amount. I should've just picked them up individually instead of spending extra but they're really pretty. I can't wait to use them more. What's your favorite product from them?

@makeitup305 I've been a fan of theirs for a while, but wasn't until a couple years ago I finally got some products. My favorites are the luminizers/highlighters. 

@Samtian I really like the one I picked up, although subtle it is not lol

@makeitup305 Haha no they are not! But sometimes it's ok to be seen from space 💪

@Samtian I just decluttered my Ofra highlighters and those were intense! 

@makeitup305 Oooh! I haven't tried them yet.

@Samtian Think 2000s level of glow lol

These swatches are for myself 1 month ago lol I was looking for swatches of Addiction Tokyo eyeshadows and had trouble finding ones I found truly helpful. 

The Blush Nuancer in Stellar Dust. It's a highlighter with a beige base and an almost duochrome pearl shift

IMG_3138.JPEGIMG_3139.JPEGIMG_3140.JPEG

The LE Holiday blush palette in  "Never Ending". The first shade is a Nuancer (their version of highlighter) and has a brighter shift

IMG_3142.JPEG

They have 99 eyeshadows total! These are the Sparkle formula in the shades Stars Witness, Moon River, Midnight Wish, Mariage, and Butterfly Effect. They're everything I've ever wanted in a sparkly formula, on par with ND. If you like UD Space Cowboy, this is the same vibe.

IMG_3148.JPEGIMG_3149.JPEG
My second Addiction order with a few different eyeshadow formulas. The sun blew the colors out a bit too much, I'll have to take some better pictures. From elbow to wrist: In Romance (Pearl finish), Just Gifted (Prism finish- it has a duochrome sparkle that you can't see here), Private Beach (Pearl finish, but almost a sparkle finish), Nostalgia (Pearl finish, also pretty sparkly), Rigoletto (Pearl finish), Sandy Topaz (Cream shadow). If you want a luminous but not very sparkly look, the Pearl finish is beautiful on the eye. It reminds me of the finish of some TF shadows. The cream is really nice. It had some creasing but nothing crazy even without a primer. I'm missing Tiny Dancer, which is also a sparkle finish.

IMG_3165.JPEGIMG_3164.JPEG

From elbow to wrist: The Blush Nuancer in Beyond Light and The LE Holiday blush palette102 No Way Out 

IMG_3167.JPEG

In conclusion- I highly recommend the shadows and face products from this brand. They feel very high end, totally worth the money IMO although they do have some coupons floating around. 

Love the shimmer! Absolutely gorgeous @makeitup305 

@Georgiiiaaa this brand makes gorgeous shadows. Glad they're now available in the US!

@makeitup305 ,

Thanks for these swatches!  Addiction Tokyo is new to me, but now very interesting! 

@tsavorite it's a new favorite. I was primarily drawn to the sparkle finish (obviously 😉) but the pearl finish is very pretty. It reminds me of some of the finish of some Tom Ford shadows. I haven't tried any of the mattes yet, though. The blushes and the highlighters are gorgeous, however. 

These all look so pretty!  Thanks for sharing, @makeitup305 !

@Titian06 definitely recommend!

@makeitup305 Those are all pretty!

@Samtian the quality is top notch! 

The Violet Voss I Love U Cherry Much Eyeshadow Palette swatches for @QueenMarceline ❤️🍒

im not the best at swatches, so my apologies that some are a little chunky (I pressed a little too hard). These are a swirl or two in the pan on my fingers, and one swipe swatch you can see the opacity

IMG_7258.jpeg

IMG_7257.jpeg

IMG_7259.jpeg

IMG_7260.jpeg

IMG_7262.jpeg

IMG_7261.jpeg

4,966 Replies
testing