Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I love seeing these comparisons, @makeitup305. Thank you!

You’re welcome @curlychiquita !

GREAT info @makeitup305 , thank you,  so helpful! 😘 Blending is key isn’t it, yours looks so good. Did we discuss your favorite brushes?! My brain. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I’ll look back too. 🥰

@Sunnysmom a lot of the ones I use I feel are discontinued. The Real Techniques Stippling brush is only available on Amazon now. I’ve been using the Sonia Kashuk foundation stippling brush and It works well, although it’s quite dense so I use more of a bouncing motion rather than buffing. If you have any of the Sephora Collection #56 brushes, I think those would work well, too. I haven’t tried it with any of my natural hair brushes but those will probably do a good job. What have you been using?

I have basically been using my older powder/ bronzer brushes from Chanel, Chantecaille , a Sonia one and the Merit brush @makeitup305 . So far so good. I don’t have those Sephora brushes so I’ll take a look, thanks! 🥰

MERIT Brush No. 1 Tapered Blending Brush is my newest and was gifted to me by a sweet friend and it’s so useful for a lot of things. The Saie big brush looks good too! 

Saie The Big Buffing Bronzer Brush 

@Sunnysmom I think those probably work just fine. I’ve had no issues with blending at all, no matter what brush I’ve used, with any of the bronzers so far. I saw that Saie brush and thought about picking it up during the Saie sale but I’ve got so many brushes I held off. That Merit brush looks great, glad you’re enjoying it.

Swatches of the Oversized Chanel Bronzer in Medium and Deep (not that deep)

20220625_155106.jpg20220625_155119 (1).jpg20220625_155221.jpg

Nars radiant long wear in Light 3-Gobi

Hi @Lovelaurenbeth, I was in Sephora earlier today and remembered you were looking for a swatch of NARS Gobi. I swatched that shade along with the 2 shades next to it, one lighter, one darker.

NARS .jpeg

This was shot in store lighting.

Perfect swatches! Thank you so much! 

Happy to help @Lovelaurenbeth. The formula on it felt nice going on.

Victoria Beckham Beauty Reflect Highlighter Stick 

VBB Reflect Highlighter.jpg

VBB Reflect Highlighter Stick.jpg

this is SO pretty 

@itsfi so lovely! definitely on my wants list!

@makeitup305, I've been picking up VBB products since she first launched (lipsticks - they're lovely!!) and have been happy with everything I've tried. I don't always gravitate towards celebrity brands but hers have worked out very well for me. 💖

@itsfi I've tried their cream blush stick, their lipsticks, and their eye shadow pots. I love the colors of the lipsticks. I wish the blushes were a little more pigmented and long-lasting but the shade I have is gorgeous. I like the eye shadow pots but I wish they were are as glittery as Mink.

Love @itsfi ! Is it a bit gold leaning then? I was thinking a little bit cooler. So pretty! 

@Sunnysmom, there is some warmth to it, but I think highlighters like the Hermes powder or the Violette Fr. stick are much more gold or peachy-gold in color.

@itsfi - That's pretty!  Thanks for sharing!

@Titian06, I've been enjoying the VBB highlighter. The product is well named since it does "reflect" light well and gives a pretty glow. Will want to play with it more but so far so good!

testing