Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Ok, not the best swatches since I blended them out (and I was wearing a long sleeve white shirt) but here are swatches of some of the newest cream bronzers I was able to find in store. I am a light-medium skin tone although my hand is more tan due to driving. I have neutral to warm undertones (my tan leans more golden instead of red)

from knuckles to wrist:

Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Sun-Kissed Glow Cream Bronzer 2 Medium 

Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Sun-Kissed Glow Cream Bronzer 1 Fair 

NARS Laguna Bronzing Cream Laguna 02 

NARS Laguna Bronzing Cream Laguna 01 

Saie Sun Melt Natural Cream Bronzer Medium Bronze 

tarte SEA Mini Breezy Cream Bronzer Seychelles (This is not a new release but it's one that I own, so I wanted to compare)

20220611_134104.jpg20220611_134955.jpg

Thoughts- The CT #2 and Nars #2 are very similar but the Nars is a little more brown. The texture of the CT is more of a velvety matte than a regular cream. CT #1 and Nars #1 are more neutral to cool (at least on me) and the Nars is definitely lighter. The Saie is more sheer and more thin but it's probably very buildable. It's similar in color to CT #2. Tarte Seychelles is a little more red than the other colors and a regular cream texture. 

Beautiful swatches @makeitup305! I have the CT and tarte cream bronzers but have wondered about both the Saie and NARS bronzers. Very helpful to see them next to each other. Thank you!

@itsfi how are you liking the CT vs the Tarte?

@makeitup305 love this!  Thanks for the comparisons 🙂

You're welcome! @CookieGirl1 

Oh how nice to see them all on you thanks @makeitup305 ! (I think we’re pretty similar color wise too.) Which is your fav? I thought the CT felt so smooth but didn’t love it personally on me , and looks good on you. Saie and Nars all look flattering too! Love love your shirt! 🥰

@Sunnysmom I really like the tarte for more of that "sunburn" look. It's not too red, though. If I had to pick I'd probably go for either the Nars #2 or the Saie. I liked the tone of the Nars more than CT in person, even though it was darker. It's hard to tell with a hand swatch how it would translate on my face, though. I haven't picked any up yet, even though I'm sorely tempted. I was hoping they had the ROSE INC Solar Infusion Moisturizing Cream Bronzer out since I'm such a huge fan of their line but they didn't have testers for it yet. That one might be the one to tip me over. Other cream bronzers/contours I have or had: NUDESTIX Nudies Matte Cream Bronzer Bondi Bae , NUDESTIX Nudies Matte Cream Bronzer Sunkissed (although it's a blush on me), Hourglass Illume Sheer Color Trio , TOM FORD Shade And Illuminate Cream Contour Duo , Westman Atelier Face Trace Cream Contour Stick Biscuit Westman Atelier Face Trace Cream Contour Stick Truffle, The Kevin Aucoin sculpting cream, and the Salt New York Cream Bronzer and Contour. I also have the NIOD Opacity 12 fluid and the Bare Minerals Glow Bronzer in Faux Tan (liquid).

You can see why I'm not in a rush to get a new one haha. If you're interested in any of these let me know! 

How do you like the Chanel cream bronzer? It's always been on my radar but I've never bit the bullet

Oh what an amazing collection of bronzers you have @makeitup305 ! So fun. Thanks so much for all this terrific info. The Saie and Rose interest me a lot if I’m doing another creme. The Chanel is smooth and forgiving and I’m not a pro at doing it at all. Kind of why I may prefer an easier light swoosh of a powder one but I don’t have enough of either to know for sure. I have the Chanel cream and Gucci, Guerlain and one TF powder I think. These tones are so tricky! was hoping to see the Rose as well. I love her blush and highlighter as I know you do too. The VBB still interests me too but I’m stymied on the shade. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Do you love a certain brush to use with yours?That little LE Chanel looks pretty fun. Very fluffy from what I saw the other day! 😊

@Sunnysmom my brush choice depends on the bronzer. Some of them I go for a brush similar to the Rephr #22 (which is on my to-buy list) for when I want just a wash of color. If they're a little more cool toned or neutral I tend to go for a brush like the Wayne Goss #11 or #12 to make it more sculpting. I like using a smallish duo fiber brush for creams. I'm interested in the Chanel cream medium shade that just released, I think the tone might suit me a little more than the original, even though they seem to be quite similar in depth. I've got on old TF in Gold Lust that you just reminded me I need to break out.

This is great info thank you @makeitup305 ! I am always a bit challenged on the correct brush to use it seems! I will look up the Rephr #22 as well. I’m also curious about the differences between the Chanel new and old cream. If I see I’ll let you know and vicey versy if you’ve seen it. I have that same TF, it’s so pretty. Probably adding Terra from the Sephora promo sale too. Oops, been on my wish list a bit. It looks very wearable and I know @blackkitty2014 recommends it! 

The new Chanel bronzer in Light and Westman Atelier powder in Pink Bubble. Love them so far! Beautiful
natural sheen to the bronzer and the powder lends the prettiest finish. (Heavy swatch of powder).

C6306C40-7874-4EDE-9AE7-282EFC0CB305.jpegLightLight92EA8E7C-02B8-4904-8531-0DBEB0263EB2.jpegPink BubblePink Bubble

@Sunnysmom ,

Thanks for these great swatches!  So helpful!

Thanks @tsavorite , hope so even if on my wrinkled old paws! 😭

@Sunnysmom that Chanel powder looks gorgeous. 

It has a really pretty silky feel with the slightest teeniest glow  @makeitup305 . 

These both look beautiful, @Sunnysmom! I thought about the Chanel bronzer but I think I want a cream one. 

I debated also @curlychiquita . This one turned out to be very forgiving thankfully. What cream one are you thinking about? The only one I have is also Chanel. I wondered about Saie’s. 

@Sunnysmom  I'm thinking the Chanel cream bronzer, but I actually don't own a cream bronzer at all yet!

I think you would love it @curlychiquita and bet it would be really flattering on you! 💞

Their both so pretty, @Sunnysmom ! 💖💖💖  I really like the bronzer.

They are @Titian06 . I’m not too great with bronzer but I think it will be fun for summer! 

3 Replies
testing