Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Do you love yours @blackkitty2014 ?! 

Some of the new MAC variations on Ruby Woo. I like the Powder Kiss liquid a lot. The powder Kiss lipstick is very light. This is heavily swatched. Left to right - Rosalia Rusi Woo, Ruby’s Crew Ruby Woo ( this feels much less matte than original which is great) , Powder Kiss Ruby’s Crew Ruby Woo and Powder Kiss liquid Ruby’s Crew Ruby Woo. Phew a lot of Woos 🤪. 
Sure wish US Sephora had MAC. I’ll always love their lippies. Tagging @Guessgal @blackkitty2014 and @WinglessOne for fun! 💄💋

472D848F-4A29-4D70-82C2-3FC03B802AE2.jpeg

E5FBBE6C-1E20-40B9-BB95-7E2693D4E40F.jpeg

@Sunnysmom Wow we have Mac in Sephoras in Canada.  Usually it is the other way around. Where do you get your Mac lippies?

Thankfully I can find it in all of our area department stores I think as well as having numerous MAC boutiques close by, @Mellmars1185 ! Lucky you to get it in Sephora! 💞

@Sunnysmom Ooo I had no idea they came out with a liquid version, and with such a cute name too! 👻 They’re all beautiful, but I like the look of the second swatch the best! Thanks for sharing💋 

Ha, same @Guessgal of course! 🤗 Good old regular Ruby Woo! 🥰 Wonder why it feels different as says same formula. I can hardly wear the old retro matte but this one is much smoother. Maybe they revamped it or obv. Lol 

Oh my goodness… approve approve approve approve… will be hard to pick a favorite @Sunnysmom 😍 

Yup I can see you liking one @blackkitty2014 ! 😘

LYS Beauty Cream Blush 

LYS Beauty Cream Blush Stand.jpgLYS Cream Blush (swatches).jpg

These blushes are richly pigmented and beautiful. @Nahnom 

Really pretty @itsfi !  I got one shade when they came out and they do feel really nice don’t they?  Big too! Good value! 🤓

Thanks for the swatches, @itsfi !  Confidence has been on my Loves list for a while.  Your swatch is so helpful!  💖💖💖

@Titian06, Confidence is beautiful. ♥️ The formula of these blushes is really nice - the product glided on and there’s excellent pigment in these shades. I made 2 passes of the colors in my swatch but it wasn’t to deepen the shades so much as it was to provide for a larger swatch. 

@itsfi Yaasss!!! 

Thank you!!! 😊💝

@Nahnom, I think skin tone and lighting definitely play a part in how the color will show up. On me, the way these three shades are described online seems pretty accurate. I had not thought of it until you mentioned it, but your description of Kindness being a dupe for a peach color corrector is spot on! 😃 I’m looking forward to seeing more of their line in store.

Hmmm I have not tried these yet but LYS Beauty Higher Standard Satin Matte Cream Blush Confident is going in my basket @itsfi

@eshoe, it’s a very pretty color.

Here is some of the new Dior holiday collection. I continue to be so impressed with their offerings this year! Shadows are so smooth yet lasting and I love their “matte” lip formula tho it really isn’t matte to me. More of a semi satin matte.
Matte shade is Red Pansy. It’s very unique. A bit warm tho maybe doesn’t look it but mainly cool. 
The LE gold tube Midnight Corolle looks purple but isn’t on the lip. More of a plum. 
The eye palette is the warmer toned Atelier Dore. Cute box was gift with purchase! They really do a beautiful job with packaging, so fun!

@curlychiquita@itsfi , @blackkitty2014 

628E18D8-F4D4-49C8-B5FC-A8224E9DEE9E.jpeg

9C448A0E-0EEF-40AB-A5B7-0BE3CAE188B9.jpeg

Absolutely stunning, @Sunnysmom! I think the colors in the palette are beautiful, and the red lipstick is gorgeous.

Are you liking yours as well @curlychiquita ?! I would love yours too but am trying to have any modicum of restraint before any more holiday stuff lands plus holiday gift buying approaching! 

@Sunnysmom I didn't get a chance to wear my new eyeshadows yet, but I will this weekend!

New holiday Chantecaille blush. It’s small but stunning!  So smooth, can be done light as a highlight or more intense as the prettiest flush of pink. Love the glowy sheen. Excited to see the new highlighter balm when it arrives, as my order said back order for a bit longer. It looks so good as well! Well done Chantecaille! 

86054C1F-FBEA-4D98-A2BC-114368EC3408.jpeg

AC2C832E-916C-4CB1-B183-AB05BF11B283.jpeg

1 Reply
testing