Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@SportyGirly125 Is the Chanel the new formula or old?

@CookieGirl1 The Chanel one I have is the old formula.

Oh those both look great @SportyGirly125 !

Natasha Denona Circo Loco Eyeshadow Palette 

IMG_20210322_120620149.jpg

BF5C6931-54A6-43DF-B16E-A25876797A1F.jpeg

All Highlighers from top to bottom swatched over Marc Jacobs Beauty Re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate in 34 beige medium & the RCMA No Color Loose Translucent Powder

Benefit Cosmetics Dandelion Twinkle Highlighter Mini nude-pink 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Highlighter light brilliant gold 

NARS Highlighting Powder Capri 

NARS Highlighting Powder Albatross 

BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter Rose Gold 

BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter Mini Champagne Pop 

BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter Topaz 

BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter Opal 

MAC Double Beam highlighter and #Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick Lunar New Year Edition 888 Golden Red 

D026CBA1-2AA2-4BDC-851D-C456367D7BA8.jpeg

6762DF42-CE5C-4FC4-ACDE-380290CF4F71.jpeg

Ted Baker lipstick swatches in Raspberry, Posh Pout, Teds Red and Autumnal. Creamy! 
Also Kiko lips ,cheek ,eyes and highlighter. 

610E1CA1-DF23-446E-96DA-0992E24A3451.jpeg

DD3B6D57-3162-42C6-B586-89F4A95E9EAB.jpeg

A0A40126-A0B1-46E4-8B5A-62DCF4273DD3.jpeg

71E8AA99-03DE-4036-B294-63B3FE58F510.jpeg

BCDE68FB-2292-4879-AB0E-66EC229C0A52.jpeg

Ilia balm in Only you on top and PMG Electric Lotus on Bottom 

27650DFB-EDCC-400A-8CC5-D113CC4054DD.jpeg

Hi,

Does anyone have swatches of the Kaja Don't Settle Concealer 06 Boba Teain 05 Fortune Cookie or 06 Boba Tea?

I'm looking for something with medium coverage that's a touch darker than my current concealer: Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard. Macadamia is a bit too dark for me.

Hi!

This might be too specific haha, but worth a try.. I'm trying to decide which concealer shade to get.

Since the Sephora stores are closed (and likely still closed during the upcoming VIB sale sometime in April) I won't be able to go to the store to return or mail it back for an exchange because I don't have a printer at home.

I use Kosas in 04 and Ilia True Skin Serum Foundation in Corsica. I'm looking for someone that uses the same shade and if you also use the same brand's concealer. If you do, which shade did you choose?

I currently use Nars soft matte complete concealer in Custard and would like something that's not as full coverage for a more natural look.

thanks!

Hey BIC ers, is there anyone out there who happens to have all or a couple of

Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon Eye Shadow Pencil Champagne Diamonds (golden quartz)

Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerize Cream Eyeshadow Rose Gold

(mona lisa) and Charlotte Tilbury Rock 'N' Kohl Eyeliner Pencil Eye Cheat For Bigger, Brighter Eyes in barbarella brown that I could see comparisons of?

Anonymous Insider

I can't wait to try. Dose it look as good when u use item

Here's some unprompted Ben Nye swatches from my just-arrived Black Friday haul, since I had a hard time finding any online myself last week:

First, here's a swatch of Ben Nye Powder Rouge in Contour No. 1, compared to several other contour products I had on hand. These swatches are finger swatches, blended out.In order from left to right: Maybelline Tough as Taupe, Ben Nye Contour No. 1, NYX Taupe (square case), Too Faced Milk Chocolate SolielIn order from left to right: Maybelline Tough as Taupe, Ben Nye Contour No. 1, NYX Taupe (square case), Too Faced Milk Chocolate SolielComparatively, NYX Taupe (the discontinued square case one) is noticeably rosier, and Maybellline Tough as Taupe is darker and greener. Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soliel is noticeably yellower.

Preformance wise, Ben Nye Contour No. 1 is waaaay more pigmented than the other powders; I barely needed to touch it, whereas I had to literally scrape powder off of NYX Taupe with a spoolie to get its swatch, and Too Faced MCS required six swipes. However, BN Contour No. 1 also had noticeable powder kickup. Maybellline Tough as Taupe was comparable in pigmentation, but much harder to blend.

Next, here's swatches of Ben Nye Lumiere Eye Shadows. These are brush swatches, done with the ELF eyeshadow "C" brush.

From left to right: Azalea, Cherry Red, Sun Yellow, ChartreuseFrom left to right: Azalea, Cherry Red, Sun Yellow, ChartreuseIn this photo, Azalea took one swatch to apply as seen, Cherry Red took three swatches, Sun Yellow took one swatch, and Chartreuse took two swatches. They all applied to the eye true to color, blending well without any muddying, and have, so far, survived eight hours into a wear test without fading.

Here's some comparison swatches between these and some other shadows I had on hand:

IMG_20191209_184139-1.jpg

The closest I could find to Azalea was Pat McGrath's Rose Risque, which is matte, slightly cooler, and less bright. The closest I could find to Cherry Red was Sugarpill Love+, which is matte and slightly warmer. The closest I could find to Sun Yellow was MUFE S-402 Mimosa, which was similar in color, but much crappier in performance, and also discontinued. Chartreuse was very similar in color to Viseart Clover (Brights 3), but Clover is matte.

Of the Ben Nye shadows I bought, I would most recommend Sun Yellow: it applies smoothly and extremely opaque without any effort. Of these, I would least recommend Cherry Red, as it was noticeably more matte than the other BN Lumiere shadows when applied to the eye, and was thus mostly replicable by the matte reds you probably already own.

Finally, here's some comparison swatches between Ben Nye's black cake eyeliner, and Kryolan's black cake eyeliner. (Applied with just water, with a Royal & Langnickel 3/0 round brush.)

From left to right: Ben Nye, KryolanFrom left to right: Ben Nye, Kryolan

They're pretty much the same. Get the Ben Nye, it's a couple bucks less expensive.

So far, they haven't shown any difference in a wear test on my eyes: no bleeding or fading for either. (I have oily eyelids, and do not have watery eyes. These results were consistent with the fact that the arm swatches hardly moved for my oil based makeup remover, but washed off easily with water.)

Additionally, here's swatches of the other cake eyeliners I got:

From left to right: Ben Nye White, Ben Nye Electric Blue, Ben Nye White and Electric Blue mixed, the colors from the Kryolan Standard 1 set in palette orderFrom left to right: Ben Nye White, Ben Nye Electric Blue, Ben Nye White and Electric Blue mixed, the colors from the Kryolan Standard 1 set in palette orderThe Kryolan colors seemed a little more watery/less opaque than the Ben Nye colors, though I have not yet tested any of them on my eyes to see if this issue persists in standard use. Testing on the eye, Kryolan's "Aubergine", the red-brown, did have sheering issues on the eye, and required two layers to get to opacity. "Blue", the navy blue, did not, and applied fully opaque in one swipe.

I really would be appreciative to anyone who could swatch the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Eye-Conic Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette - Fantasceneand also the MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Eye-Conic Multi-Finish Eyeshadow Palette - Edgitorial palettes. I am so wanting to get them both, but would really like to see the actual colors on real skin before laying out that much cash.

RE: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Sequin memory from the tati beauty palette.. it took my breath away. Picture doesnt do it justice because the glitters actually look like an oil slick.

New Chanel Les Ornements Holiday lip and eye quad swatches. Loving the heavy luxe gold piped lip cases and formulas. Gloss very opaque and I mentioned on Chanel thread I don’t think lipstick fragrance is as strong tho just could be me. These are so pretty and rich berry toned. Shadows softer and not as shimmery irl as some other’s swatches. Beautiful! Chanel stuns again I think! So wish Sephora carried! 😞 @meganlisa @TraceyEB @blackkitty2014

@blackkitty2014

Please a swatch of Too Faced Peach Perfect Foundation in Nude compared to a similar color to the new Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Foundation.. maybe 5.5 neutral? 6 neutral??

I forgot to add swatches of IBY Ocean Awakening palette I got sometime in August. No primer swatches but some esp seaglass, will need it over my skin tone at least

I've been on the hunt for more sheer red colors lately, so here are a few from my existing stash (the Dior was my MLBB for comparison).

Huda Beauty Gemstone Obsessions Palette

testing