Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Any and all Bite Beauty lip colors are appreciated, on a fair, neutral-to-cool skin tone if possible. I love the quality of their products, but they're just expensive enough that I don't want to buy just to buy, you know? Thanks!

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

If anyone has purchased either the new Clinique On the Glow palette OR the Bobbi Brown Molten Drama palette, please post swatches!

Here was the swatches of the Becca Khloe Kardashian palette and Malika. I have to say I was happily surprised. Khloe on top Malika bottom. Both swatched great.

Charlotte Tillbury Pillowtalk swatch is someone is contemplating getting it and want to see a swatch (in Sephora store lighting)45F29DD3-FC1C-4538-B098-B8695F99505C.jpeg

Has anyone swatched the 2018 tarte clutch face palette? Tia! 

Sharing swatches of my Smashbox Cover Shots Palette in Bold Glitter (can you tell I did these swatches on Halloween?  LOL)

110318smashboxswatches.jpg

Cross-Posting from the Too faced thread:

I’ve gotten a lot of requests to swatch the Too Faced Gingerbread Spice Palette, so here you go!

0B2A39FD-B9C8-47F2-9300-7D5E2F62BCED.png

This is my current favorite palette - I love the colors, formula, pigmentation and yummy gingerbread scent. 💗💗💗

For what it’s worth, I do not use primers for my swatches and I swatch with my fingertip, not a brush.  These swatches all have one layer of product except Gumdrop and Figgy Pudding (which have two) and I do not Photoshop or apply filters to my swatches.

DD2C28E4-0B90-45D2-B8BF-6CC0A76AE9D3.gif

JK!  My swatches definitely aren’t perfect.  

As a dear friend recently told me, they are perfectly imperfect.💗  I post them in hopes that they help someone make a purchase decision or rethink a product they may have written off previously.

Cross-Posting from the Becca, UD and Hauls threads:

1.  Becca Volcano Goddess:

093018beccaswatches.png

2. UD Elements:

093018udswatches.png

Cross-Posting from the Becca thread:

I swatched most of my Becca highlighters a few weeks ago (I totally forgot Dreamsicle and I've acquired a few more since) and wanted to share with y'all!

091718beccaswatches.png

Spoiler
Left row (top to bottom): Lilac Geode, Rose Gold, Opal, Vanilla Quartz, Rose Quartz, Beach Nectar and Rose Glow
Right row (top to bottom): Prismatic Amethyst, Golden Mint, Smoky Quartz, Pearl, Prosecco Pop, Champagne Pop and Parisian Lights)

Does anyone have the Laura Geller LE Rose Glow highlighter they could possibly swatch for me? I found one less than stellar example combing through Google and am wondering if it is similar to any of the shades I already own. Namely the hourglass strobing one from last year or the Laura Mercier quad. I may buy it anyway but a swatch would be super helpful if anyone has it available.

Anyone else have swatches of the Shiseido Modernmatte Powder Lipsticks? I’d love to see some warm reds . I got the Exotic Red as a GWP , but it looks purple on me . Can anyone compare the wear time and transfer between the Visionairy Gel and the Modernmatte? Can’t decide which one I want . Thanks ! I live nowhere near a place to try these on , so I’m blindly shopping online. Thanks to anyone who replies 😊

Violet Voss 'The Rainbow' palette.(All shimmer.)1. Dry finger swatches. No primer. 2. Inside of palette.

Dry finger swatches. No primer.Dry finger swatches. No primer.

Inside of palette.Inside of palette.

Coloured Raine new vivid shades (mattes). 1. Dry finger swatches. No primer. 2. Outdoor, natural light. Dry finger swatches. No primer.

Dry finger swatches. No primer.Dry finger swatches. No primer.

Outdoor, natural light. Dry finger swatches. No primer.Outdoor, natural light. Dry finger swatches. No primer.

Cross posting some new swatches:

1. UD Born to Run:

061418borntorunswatches.PNG

2. Tarte Aspyn Ovard (left) vs. Toasted (right):

061418aspynvstoasted.PNG 

Does anyone have the Too Faced Clover palette? I keep going back to it, and with the cute new lippy out I really want to make a decision. Swatch that baby for me!

Hello great people!  I’m going to run around to Sephora and Nordstrom later today. Let me know if there are any swatches you need! 

Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Refillable Lipsticks Swatches: Top to bottom: My Icon Is, Secretly, At Night, When I’m AloneTop to bottom: My Icon Is, Secretly, At Night, When I’m Alone

Anonymous Insider

RE: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

I️ really like these colors that you have tested! I️t looks like I have the around the same color skin as you, so I️ just wanted to reach out to you and say thank you for doing the swatches because many times a color looks good online but then I️ buy it and it either turns out to light or too dark! This really helped me! Maybe I️ will be able to buy this this year!❤️

The new Charlotte tilbury five minute face swatches. I posted comparisons in the Charlotte tilbury thread if anyone is interested

Any one has the new Burberry 2017 Festive Silver Shimmer Illuminating Powder swatches?

Can someone show swatches for the new ABH liquid lipstick minis?
testing