Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@alexasteph The YouTuber VintageorTacky did swatch comparisons w/ Sweet Peach and Modern Renaissance. She was very thorough w/ her review.

Possibly a long shot but...I match to Nars Mont Blanc. Does anyone happen to own this, as well as KVD 42, or MUFE r210/220?  I'm trying to find my best match in other brands 😊 I bought KVD 44 but it seems a little dark. Thanks!

I don't own any of these, but you might have some luck in the Fair/Pale thread too: 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/The-Fair-Pale-Thread/m-p/2281076#M36671

I suspect that Nars Mont Blanc is more yellow and darker than R210 (if my recollection from trying out those shades is correct)

@alexasteph sorry it took so long! I did the best I could, but you know how hard it is to swatch highlighters haha. Here is diamond dust compared to the other similar highlighters I have.

IMG_6236.JPG

L to R: LG charming pink, diamond dust, becca amethyst, MAC soft frost, colourpop hippo

After looking at them all in the sunlight, diamond dust does seem to have the most shimmer and is very slightly less smooth than charming pink. I wouldn't say any are dupes for it in color. 

@ShannonAlexis Thank you very much! It does look gorgeous doesn't it! That slight shift is everything. I may need to add this one to my collection then. 

Orange blush swatches for @makeitup305, comparing Nars Gilda with others.

blush1a.JPG

blush2a.JPG

blush3a.JPG

Gina's the closest, with Dim Infusion and Lover as next closest.

@TKLJ You're so sweet! Thank you! I think I have a couple of shades that are close. Tarte's blush in a new kit I bought and the blush in the new Sonia Kashuk face palette seem to be similar even if they're not matte. I'm gonna look at Modern Mandarin and Clinique's Fig pop. For some reason I'm on an orange blush kick lately.

Unsolicited swatches for anyone that might be curious about the differences between the Lancôme juicy shaker vs matte shaker.  Matte shaker on the bottom in #374, Kiss me Chérie, Juicy shaker on the top in #151, Cherry Symphony.  

shakers.png

Second photo is of the stain they leave after about 5 minutes on my skin (washed vigorously with soap and water).  

stain.png

More detailed review here, if you're interested! 🙂  

Spoiler
You can see the juicy shaker leaves a slight stain, but the matte shaker definitely does leave a significant stain. I don't find the matte shaker to be uncomfortable or drying at all.  I did add gloss to the top of it after wearing it for a few hours, but the color fades beautifully, and lasts through eating, drinking, etc.  A note though - it never dries down to a real matte on my lips - it does transfer and smudge easily.  

Also, I do find that the matte shaker has a bit of a chemicall-y taste to it - similar to some of the other shades of the juicy shaker.  

wow! that's way more pigmented than i expected. it's pretty but i don't like that it has a taste / transfers easily. thanks for reviewing it tho 🙂 @Milou07

Does anyone have Nars 'Nico' that wouldn't mind swatching it for me? Thoughts as well?

Hi @StephaniLynn, here is a swatch of Nars Nico (finger swatch by the lip liner line and blended up to my wrist) and below it Laura Mercier Matte Radiance Highlight 1. My Nico is much loved. It is a very natural and subtle highlighter, all satin on the skin, even though a few sparse shimmers show in the pan they don't seem to transfer. I've worn it a lot because my job sometimes requires me to work outside and I don't like any glitters on my face in sunlight. I swatched the LM with it, because I thought they were similar but the LM is cooler and more shimmery. 

Nico is really one of those highlighters that shows only at just the right angle. Even in my swatch, it's only really reflecting in the center. It's pretty much the same color of my skin. I've also used it all over with a powder brush, the effect is a blurred all over glow, like Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder. It's good stuff in my opinion, but I think mileage may vary based on what you want..

image.jpeg

I would looooove to see swatches of Tom Ford's Lips and Boys! They look beautiful but it's hard to tell what color they are from the description.

@EstherGrace There are MANY swatches in the Tom Ford thread 🙂

Some swatches of the new Lipstick Queen Chess collection. I was so excited for these and have to say I was sad when I got them. They are very dry mattes and have no scent at all really but in a not so good way! I don't know what it is. They are not comfy at all. Here is Queen on top, Rook under her then King to the right. Pic turned. While the colors look pretty it's the texture and taste I don't like. And they look very dry on my lips. Very bummed as I had hoped for something similar to the velvet rope lipstick in texture and great mint flavor bonus. Oh well. Next! Love to hear what others think! 

IMG_5708.JPG

Forgot to add that I did try a balm underneath and helped a bit plus some Bite shades over but then what's the point. Other than a pretty customized color I guess. I just don't know why she added these! lol 

This is a set of unsolicited swatches, BUT, I found a new love and want to share with the world: NYX LIP LINGERIE.  

I'll admit I'm a bit of a makeup snob and don't pay much attention to drugstore lines, but these got good reviews and I have good point multipliers at Ulta for them sooo I thought I'd dive in.

I bought 5 yesterday and had to go back today to get 2 more... I am seriously in love.  These go on like a dream, LAST ALL DAY, and don't crumble or look nasty at all! I tested the darkest one yesterday and had water and food with it, and after about 5 hours is when I saw some wearing off on my inner lips, otherwise it was fantastic!

Here are some swatches I took.  5 are new shades that just released and 2 are older ones from the original collection.

The top three from left to right are Cabaret Show, Cashmere Silk and French Maid.

The bottom four from left to right are Confident, Delicate Lust, Honeymoon (old collection) and Teddy (old collection).

liplingerie.jpg

All super nice on you!! I bought these right when they came out and I have always LOVED them. The formula is amazing. I'm so glad they came out with newer shades. Can't wait until they're released in Canada!!!!

I think I need the first one you're wearing!

@tsavorite, Here is the swatch of MAC Mariah Carey Mcizzle. 🙂

Spoiler
20161222_185840.jpg
20161222_185802.jpg

@angel7594,

Thank you for the swatch!  Mcizzle is beautiful! 🙂

does anyone have swatches of the smashbox always on liquid lipstick in stepping out, drivers seat, babe alert, and big spender?

I'll get you started...I have In Demand (top) and Babe Alert (bottom). These are the two I have and put the In Demand to compare it to. 🙂

IMG_0095.JPG

testing