Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Would anyone be able to provide a swatch of the Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able foundation in Ivory Medium 14? I have Ivory 12 and it is waaaaay too yellow. I also had tried Ivory Light 10 in the past and it was far too light. I've been using EL DW in 1N2 Ecru and have been very happy with the colour. According to Sephora's Colour IQ, this has the same number as the Re(marc)able foundation in Ivory Medium 14. Somehow I have my doubts, but I'm curious to know if anyone can confirm it. I really like the Re(marc)able foundation, but the shade selection is driving me crazy. -__-

Would anyone be willing to swatch coverfx custom cover drops in N10 alongside either mac nw10 or mac nc10?

I saw on one of the threads that somebody wanted Wet n Wild highlighter swatches. Sorry for the lighting.

The blended out swatches were done with my finger not a brush. The pink one could be high end, it's that smooth. The purple one is a little less smooth and a little more shimmery but still really nice. Both of these are pretty light-skin friendly. 

Anyone who owns Jouer Brique lip cream, How close it is IRL to this lip swatch. 

I'm pretty sure I've already seen it mentioned on BT that Charlotte Tilbury's Electric Poppy and Lost Cherry are dupes for each other, but I just got a sample of EP and wanted to see for myself.

Left: Lost Cherry

Right: Electric Poppy

Not requested, but I saw a display for Stellar cosmetics at a new Sephora and I had to swatch the Metallic Moon Lipsticks and the Cosmic blushes. I'm not sure if this line will be in all stores, so I figured this could be helpful. 

From the top these are Disco Moon 1, Disco Moon 05, Disco Moon 02, Disco Moon 03, Disco Moon 04

I did two angles to show the undertone and the reflective colors. 1&5 seem to be pure metallic. 2, 3, and 4 are metallic with some glitter bits. It seemed like 3 could be prone to some glitter fall out, but it could have been a dried out tester. They all look very pretty in person, and felt creamy om my hand. 2 & 5 are very pretty in person!

From wrist down these are Cosmic Blush in Eclipse, Beam, and Flare. Eclipse and flare are very very luminous. All three feel very buttery and apply smoothly. This color is built up a little, they could be worn quite sheer. Beam is luminous too, but it does not have the shimmer that the others do. 

Big it thanks to my dog, the ever patient background fur model/hand rest!

Highlighted

Could anyone compare NARS Impassioned and Benefit Dandelion blushes? I already have Impassioned and Temptalia lists Dandelion as a dupe.. but I can't really tell.

Here's all three of tatcha's lipstick next to each other; cherry blossom is very nude/peachy on my lips; it's nice, but not a must have. Plum blossom is my favorite. This is really the only lipstick I regret not having a back up of. I hope they bring it back. 

Dropping off some unsolicited swatches!

Top to Bottom:

CP Super Shock in Birthday Cake

CP Pressed shadow in Secrets, The News, Paper Tiger, and I Owe You

Top to Bottom

KVD Everlasting Liquid Lip in Miss Argentina and Bachelorette

If anyone got the Birchbox Vogue box, could you please swatch the nars pencil and the RMS lip and cheek?

They're still being sold separately and I'm really tempted by the pencil

Can I get a swatch of Guerlain Rouge G 66 Gracia please?

DiorAdict, here are swatches of a few of my Rouge G lipsticks. 

L-R: Guerlain Rouge G Garance, Gemma, Gipsy, Gina, Gracy, Grenade, Gracia

I have swatched KA the contour book-volume II

Left column (from T to B) Starlight, Brighten,Candlelight(powder) and Sculpting powder

Right column (from R to B) Candlelight cream(it's not showing up for some reason), Sculpting cream, Ruddy Earth and Cool tan.

I like the look of all products in this palette. I am actually passing Becca Champagne glow after buying this. I wanted that one mostly for pearl powder but I can see Brighten can work in place of pearl. I am too lazy to even swatch mine but I am planning to Practice cream contour some time during next week.

I swatched the Becca x Jaclyn Hill palette! 

Very warm toned! I'll bet it's lovely on you!

Laura Mercier Matte to Metal Caviar sticks please? I think I've seen it here on BT before, but it's probably buried in the Ho Ho Holidays thread Smiley Very Happy

Page 7 of this thread. ;-)

Looking for YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 4 Rouge Vermillion swatched side-by-side with Givenchy Framboise Velours. 

I just tried and purchased the YSL Rouge Vermillion in store, got home into better lighting and thought, "gee, this looks highly similar to the Framboise Velours I already have."  If I need to do an exchange, I would feel better about doing it on an unopened product. 

I tried in store. YSL Rouge Vermillion is on the left, and Givenchy Framboise Velours is on the right. They are quite different, and I really like Rouge Vermillion. I will keep it, and cherish them both. 

Has anyone done a lip swatch of BITE 'Holly' from the Mix N Mingle duo?

Gwen, I think I have one.  But a poor swatch ...let me see.

Malday, I can't remember where you asked for it, but here are some torte comparisons;

the closest match I have is MJ kisskissbangbang (top of photo, near thumb/forefinger)

left side of the long torte swipe is NARS Anna, Anita, ct amazing grace, bite rosewood (biggest swatch at bottom near wrist).

Right side of long torte swatch is ct walk of shame, bite rose and Shiraz 

also, it didn't swatch the same, but TF Casablanca (Cary) looks pretty similar when worn.

Thank you Mocha! I think I have a mini Kiss Kiss Bang Bang somewhere.

Hi Beauties.... Anyone could swatch the Buxoms Full On Lip Cream ? Would love to see:

White Russian, Creamsicle, Mudslide, Mai Tai, Bellini, Lavander Cosmo and Dolly

Trying to pick one and not sure what would look good on me.

Thanks!