Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Makeup Is Life

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Both are gorgeous! I really don't need more blushes lol

Also not requested but I couldnt find the active Marc Jacobs thread so I'm posting here:

In order from left to right (assuming it will show up properly for everyone):

Kate lipstick, Work It! gloss, Call Me! gloss, Cherry Moon gloss, Sugar Sugar gloss and then Forbidden Fruit gloss.

I love it all, and if any of you want lip swatches let me know because I took those too, just didnt post because it's too many photos.  The only thing I'm kinda bummed about is that Work It! is really dark... I found a swatch online that wasn't as dark looking at all.  Oh well.

mjstuff.jpg

May I please see Kate on you @sabrinas? What looks great on you looks good on me Smiley Very Happy

Thank you!

Sure thing Smiley Very Happy Here you go! Taken in natural daylight, however it's cloudy and gross outside so photo is more cool than usual. @niki172

katelip.jpg

Ooohhh so pretty! In your expert opinion - is this a must have? Thank you very much @sabrinas

YES! Get it.  It's honestly better than I expected.  Very rich and beautiful.  It's a deep rose/berry/mauve.  Its beautifulllll Smiley Very Happy @niki172

Just push me over the edge there @sabrinas Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

It also helps that today is the last day to get 20% off on the MJ website Smiley Wink Smiley Tongue

I am somewhat painfully aware of that lol.

Obviously not that painful as I just placed my order Smiley Tongue. 3 orders today from 3 different places I think my credit card needs a break (until tomorrow) Smiley Happy.

There isn't a shade of lipstick that doesn't suit you! You look lovely. 

Wow Kate is much deeper than I was expecting.  I'd be all over this for fall but right now it's just not pulling me in.  

Thanks for sharing the swatches. I love the MJ glosses!  

@sabrinas I'm surprised to see that Forbidden Fruit is so light and peachy! On the MJ website it looks like a bright tangerine orange. I wouldn't have bought it based on the website description, but this swatch is gorgeous!  

Spoiler

I'm looking for swatches of Tom Ford Black Dahlia and/or Velvet Cherry compared to NARS Charlotte, Vera, and/or Audrey (or other dark reds).  I'm considering purchasing all of these and want to make sure none of them are too close.

I have Black Dahlia and the others you listed (just not velvet cherry), I can do some swatches for you tomorrow if that would be helpful Smiley Happy

Yes! I would love that!

Sorry about that! Will do it for you today Smiley Happy

I will do black dahlia and Velvet cherry today, so you can compare it with MK's to decide Smiley Happy

Here are the swatches in natural light.

L-R: Black Dahlia and Velvet cherry.

TF.JPG.

Thank you so, so much!!!

kso, except Velvet Cherry - here is everything else:  1st picture was taken outdoors but with flash,  2nd is outdoors with natural (cloudy) light.

Top - Bottom:

NARS Audacious Audrey

NARS Audacious Vera

NARS Audacious Vivien

NARS Audacious Charlotte

Tom Ford Black Dahlia

20151023_145416 (Large).jpg  20151023_145458 (Large).jpg

I think I have lip swtaches of all/most of these.  Let me know.

GC got there before me Smiley Very Happy if you want Black Dahlia against any other dark reds let me know (MAC sin, OCC black dahlia, NARS Bette, Bite 001, Burberry Oxblood, Besame Noir Red)

6 Replies