Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

@@Sabrinas you are such a wiz-ord! Cool look. I like to add a dot of a thicker gloss like ABH or a thicker lipglide or Chantecaille's new one if mine get too dry and find it doesn't change color or clump up texture etc too. U have any other favs? I love the NYX brighter ones too. Such a nice value. 

@sabrinas Thanks for sharing. It's so pretty!

Did it change the texture of the liquid lipstick, and make it less transfer-proof? Did you get a chance to try out the other shade Ignite? The shade description (transparent berry sparkle) makes me very curious.

@sabrinas Wow that looks incredible. Thank You for sharing. Maybe my solution for a few liquid lipsticks that once dry down on me look to ashen, so I never wear them. 

I need this!!!!! It looks gorgeous

I've just discovered NARS has a lipstick called Walkyrie. I'm a big mythology buff and I was wondering if anyone has it and could swatch it? I looked at some online, but would love to see more. If you have an old selfie or something of it worn, even better! I think I am going to pick it up regardless because NARS lip pencils are awesome and they chose a great name (my gamertag for blizzard games is valkyrie ironically hah)

Ohh finally a request I can help with (I'm about a NC25 right now). Thanks for reminding me how much I love this lipstick. Definitely one of the better formulated Nars Matte Lip Pencils. Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 3.16.53 PM.png

@Tofu Thank you so much! It looks great on you! I like how it's brown/red/slight pink at the same time! seems great for all seasons (except maybe summer daytime!)

@flyte I may have a photo of me wearing it around somewhere, but for now here's a swatch

its a lovely muted shade.

IMG_4284.PNG

@Mochapj thank you so much! i'm actually currently loving provacative red too and it seems this + walkyrie might be my new loves!

Charlotte Tilbury Vintage Vamp vs. ABH Modern Renaissance and Tom Ford Honeymoon for @flyte. (Note: for the quads, they're numbered clockwise from top left.)

ct1.jpg

ct2-3.jpg

ct4.jpg

It was hard for me to photograph the light shimmers, but you can probably imagine what a gold shimmer looks like. 😉

thank you so much! you are amazing!

i guess i am on my way to collecting every shade of burgundy (they're all so similar but different!)

@flute a girl after my own heart! What are your favorites? I've got a good bit of red and burgundy eyeshadows and I'm always on the hunt for more.

@makeitup305 I really like the reds/berries in the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance! The rose gold (not exactly red or burgundy but a nice jewel-toned in between) in the Mario Palette by ABH is also really nice to add some sparkle to it!

Otherwise for other reds, I have Tom Ford Honeymoon and Charlotte Tilbury Vintage Vamp. Tartelette in Bloom also has one or two very brown leaning/orange reddish shades. Pomergrante in the Lorac Mega Pro 3 palette is a great sparkly pink-red! I'm also planning to get the Tarteist Pro Palette soon and that has one or two reds.

Other reds that I don't own but I think are fantastic are probably the Kylie Burgundy palette, swatches of it look nice but it reminds me a lot of the Modern Renaissance palette and the ColourPop Zingara quad! Paradox from that quad (which you can get as a single) is a really nice red that swatches and wears well. I think they might also have some other reds, but Paradox is the one that pops up in my mind right now 🙂

I think after writing this I need to calm down on reds haha.

@flyte I've got the modern renaissance and Paradox. I've also got red/burgundy singles from MUG and Inglot and some more CP. I recently bought MUFE Morello Cherry and 2 stack from Melt. It's a weakness.

Anybody have a swatch of Inglot sculpting powder in shade 504 on fair skin?

@lyravega Here are some swatches. Top to bottom are: 

NYX Taupe (original, not new version)

Inglot 504

MAC Cosmic Force Mineralize Blush

Burberry Earthy Blush 07

Spoiler
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Top two pics in direct sun, bottom pic indirect light. Hope that helps. 504 has a plummy-grey undertone. Definitely cool toned. It kicks up dust, but a little goes a long way. It looks better on my face than my arm. It really isn't patchy even though it looks like it in these pice. 

Thank you, @pixiedust2 ! Plummy or pink grey and cool is exactly what I want!

NYX Taupe ( the original one ) is way too "red" on me. But, it doesn't look red on you at all. Strange. Plus, it has some sheen to it. Me no like that for contour.

Earthy is way too warm on me. I love it as a blush, though!

Sephora's Tranquil is my fave contour! And, I don't really need another one, but of course I like to have options. I've come across some mentioning about this one, and was curious as it was described as "cool pink grey", and fair skin tone friendly. It looks good! I'll have to try it.

Edit: I wonder how similar it is to Tranquil...?

@lyravega I was looking for my Tranquil to swatch for you and it's buried under a makeup mountain somewhere! Tranquil is a ton more grey than 504. I love it though, perfect for contour. I like 504 when I'm too lazy to do blush and contour. It kind of does both for my light skin. I'll find Tranquil soon, I'm on a mission, and I'll tag you with a swatch. 

I lalmost swatched my discontinued MAC Strada for you but thought that would just be mean LOL. It is THE best contour for pale peeps and I will never understand why they DC'd it. It was very popular. If it ever relaunches, grab twenty!  The only reason I have all of these other colors is because I've been trying to dupe it for years 😞 I'd say 504 is the closest, if apllied with a light hand. 

@lyravega I can swatch this for you tomorrow. It's one of my favorite contour/blush shades for light skin. 

More unsolicited lipstick swatches. Got more packages this week...are you tired of lipstick swatches yet???

Top: MUFE #11

Middle row L-R: MAC Viva Glam IV, MAC Plum Dandy, MAC Viva GLam III, MAC 'O'

Bottom: MUFE #13

IMG_8819.JPG

And I had to swatch Nars Vivien (top) to compare with Audrey (bottom). Can't see a huge difference IRL BUT this photo does show quite a bit of difference! 

IMG_8820.JPG

Never too many lipstick swatches!!

testing