Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Does anyone have a swatch of Dolce & Gabbana The Glow Bronzer in SUNSHINE? I am interested in the new limited edition Sicilian Bronzer with the gorgeous caretto design, which is only available in the color Sunshine. There doesn't seem to be too many swatches or reviews available for this shade as it doesn't seem to be one of the more popular colors in the core line (Desert, Cashmere and Bronze) so I thought it was an interesting choice of color for a limited edition piece. Temptalia has a review on one of the lighter colors but didn't seem to like it because it was light and sheered out, but I am okay with that since I am an NC15 at best and already have a fear of bronzers, lol! In sum, the new limited edition compact is amazing but I don't want to buy something (especially with that hefty price tag) unless the color will suit me and I can actually use the product. In advance thank you!

Hey guys! Does anyone own Jeffree Star's Gemini liquid lip? If so, could you swatch it beside KVD Lolita II? 

Thank you! 

Heart

Estee edit flash illuminator swatches please?! And more shades of the new Becca blushes too! I saw some on IG I think, but they were blurry.

Can someone post comparison swatches of burnt orange colours in KVD Ladybird palette and her new eye contour palette in Rust. 

I would love to see swatches (and comparison swatches) if anyone got BECCA Luminous Blush in 'Camellia'. Thanks!

Wondering if anyone who has Tom Ford Love Lust and Urban Decay Fireball would mind swatching side by side? I know Fireball has a pink flash, but I think the base colors may be similar.

Bonus points if you are fair-light complected, but I will take what I can get 😄

Looking for comparison swatches of Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Incandescent Electra and NARS Sex Appeal. Please and thank you. 🙂

Looking for a swatch of Burberry Lip Velvet in 401 Nude Apricot (@TKLJ's post reminded me lol), preferably together with NARS Raquel or other peachy nudes.

Looking for swatches of:

1. Burberry Lip Velvet Matte lipstick in Oxblood. (I'd prefer swatches of the matte formula, but welcome other finishes.)

2. Dior eyeshadow quints in Ambre Nuit and Cuir Cannage. Also looking for mini reviews on these, if possible.

Thanks! 🙂

Here's Rhubarb, Sake, & Pepper from The Amuse Bouche Bite Beauty collection! Flash was on to try and show the true difference between the shades.rsz_1img_1768.jpg

MAKE Brow and Lash (Part 4 of 4)

A few people have shown some interest in MAKE cosmetics—direct from makebeauty(dot)com—that I've worn in several of the "What Are You Wearing?" threads.  I've swatched samples of each product I own.  To keep the posts manageable, I've divided them into four parts:  (1) eyeshadow, (2) lipstick, (3) face, and (4) brow and lash.

Mascara and Eyeliner:

Lash Packaging.jpg

Lash Open.jpg

Mascara (with Palermo, Bentonite Clay, and Alabaster eyeshadow):

Mascara On Lashes.jpg

Brow Sculpting:

Brow Packaging.jpg

Brow Open.jpg

Brow sculptors and eyeliner in indoor light:

Brow and Lash Swatches Indoor Light.jpg

Brow sculptors and eyeliner in natural light:

Brow and Lash Swatches Natural Light.jpg

MAKE Face Products (Part 3 of 4)

A few people have shown some interest in MAKE cosmetics—direct from makebeauty(dot)com—that I've worn in several of the "What Are You Wearing?" threads.  I've swatched samples of each product I own.  To keep the posts manageable, I've divided them into four parts:  (1) eyeshadow, (2) lipstick, (3) face, and (4) brow and lash.

Illuminators:

Illuminators Packaging.jpg

Illuminators Open.jpg

I've tried to capture them at their most visible to demonstrate their differences.  Needless to say, they're far subtler than they appear below.

Illuminators in indoor light:

Illuminators Indoor Light.jpg

Illuminators in natural light:

Illuminators Natural Light.jpg

Finishers:

Dewy:Matte Packaging.jpg

Dewy:Matte Open.jpg

Finishers in indoor light:

Dewy:Matte Swatches Indoor Light.jpg

Finishers in natural light:

Dewy:Matte Swatches Natural Light.jpg

Skincare:

Most of this line is designed to be unisex, and as such it's especially formulated to be worn either with or without makeup.  While I use the Moonlight Brightening Serum daily, I typically reserve the Moonlight Primer for makeup-free days.

Skincare Packaging.jpg

Skincare Open.jpg

The moonlight primer looks black when it comes out of the pump, but it blends beautifully into the skin IF ALL OTHER PRODUCTS HAVE BEEN ENTIRELY ABSORBED INTO THE SKIN.  If there's too much moisture sitting on top of the skin, it has a tendency to "pill".

Skincare Swatches.jpg

Does anyone have Buxom's Full On Lipstick in Tokyo?

This is a long-shot, but can anyone swatch MUG Unexpected next to Petal Pusher? It doesn't seem like a lot of people here use/enjoy MUG.

Sticking these here since I took photos for another thread. Orange-red lipsticks.

IMG_9293.jpg

From top, two swipes of each:

Nars Annabella

Nars Heat Wave

Sephora Orange Rocks No. 16

Dior Dolce Vita No. 14

Ardency Inn Kick

NYX Indie Flick

Bobbi Brown Orange

Bite custom lipstick I had made at the Bite Beauty Lab. It's very similar to Bite Zinfandel in color, but mine is much more matte and long lasting.

I know some folks are unhappy with how small these are, but Tarte just posted a video on their Instagram swatching all the new Rainforest of the Sea lipsticks. 

https://instagram.com/p/BDF1WtvPpKe/

General request: Favorite pinkish nude lipsticks, preferably ones sold at Ulta. I'm trying to make some choices before my birthday shopping spree next month, and I'd like to see some side-by-side swatches of some from different brands, and I figured BT would have a nice variety.

Could anyone swatch Bite Sake next to Nars Rosecliff, and compare their formulas? Our SiJCP doesn't have either 😞

I keep telling myself to only get one because they look so similar....but maybe they're not?

Would anyone be able to swatch Butter London's Dearie Me! nail polish? It's one of the Patent Shine 10x Nail Lacquers. 

Thanks!

My Sephora just put out the Tarte rainforest of the sea display so I did some swatching 

image.jpeg

Tarte quench lip rescue in opal, nude, rose, and berry

image.jpeg

Tarte quenched lip splash lipstick in cabana boy, beach bum, skinny dip. The two darker colors are wet suit and bonfire. Sorry the light is so bad. The store doesn't have very good indoor lighting. 

image.jpeg

Swatches of the Tarte rainforest of the sea palette. The texture of these shadows are different from any other Tarte shadows I've ever tried. 

testing