Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

On the off chance...does anyone have Bite Lab Limited month 12 and Christian Louboutin Bengali (either matte or satin)?

Thanks!

I have both if you still want swatches

Can't help you on the CL, but here is 012

1202151image.jpeg

That looks super wow on you, Mocha!

Thank you, darling!

Thanks Mocha.  I got it today...and was just trying to figure what it reminded me of.  I've been obsessed with Bengali but haven't ordered it....and realized these might be close.

This one, 12, is pretty.  But I think it's prettier on you than me (hence the request for swatches, to persuade myself that no, I really don't need Bengali).  But if someone posts bengali here then at least I can compare.

Gorgeous on you though!!!

Someone mentioned somewhere it is similar to UD Catfight, but I don't own that.

I like it more than I thought I would.  It is a nice, candy cane pinkish red.

Cat fight on the right and 012 on the left.

jilted.jpg

I have catfight...justed pulled it out.  Catfight is a touch more red (barely) and the bite has a touch more sheen (again, barely).  I'll post a photo tomorrow, in case anyone is interested.  To avoid a dark night swatch.  

I'm liking it better ...when I blot it.  This is veering on the almost too cool toned for me...borderline...

That was me I think! I don't have 012 to swatch it with though haha. I guess I can wear cat fight tomorrow and post a lip swatch to compare with your swatch

Hi ladies, can anyone swatch TF Golden Mink?  I saw the pictures on Color Me Loud, but her coloring is much different than mine.

Most interested in the sparkly colors.

Thanks!

It's a muted palette.

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 3.24.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 3.24.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 3.24.59 PM.png

Wow, you are right, that is very muted.  It works very nicely with your coloring!

I think I will save my pennies for the new quads coming next year.

Thank you, NC!

Anonymous Insider

I finally got it, but I guess you don't need a swatch anymore!

Two bottom shades are less pigmented but have a pretty gold tone sheen. 

Two glitter shades stays well, and it shows very very well (not the color, but the glitter). The glitter particle seems slightly larger than Chanel creme eyeshadows. Almost as glittery as my MUFE diamond powders. Those glitter shades are much better than what's in Cognac Sable (I felt its gritty). Overall, glitter shades are very pretty if you like glittery eyes (I LOVE glitters, so...I like it).

HK, I would still love to if you don't mind.

I think you are closer in tone to me that NC is, so it would still be a help.

I love glitters, but I was pretty convinced most of these won't show on me.

Anonymous Insider

Mine hasn't come yet still, but I personally think this palette is so light shaded. I'm fine with it, but I'm not sure how it will look on medium skin tone. 

Those are not the lightest swatches either, so I agree with investing in another palette. I was able to build them a bit with a heavy hand, but I never snapped a picture. I wanted a muted palette, and this was even more muted than I thought it would be.

Anonymous Insider

I've ordered one yesterday...if no one posts a swatch before mine arrives, I will do it for you!

Thank you!

Wonderful, I'm interested as well!

Can anyone please swatch Tom Ford Cognac Sable and Burberry Holiday 2015 Eyeshadow palette for me please? Thank you 🙂

7 Replies
testing