Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

Does anyone have both Ashes to Ashes and Ondine singles from Nars to compare?

Additionally, does anyone think that the Cassiopeia DI shadow would work as a highlighter?

everyone should have ashes to ashes.

love,

me

I agree and 100% stand behind this statement 😉

Ashes to ashes is on the left, ondine is on the right.  The big differences are a2a is a satin finish, and ondine is a matte base with little gold glitters.  Ondine is also much sheerer.  It took 5 swipes to get ondine to show color, vs 1 for a2a.

i use Cassiopeia as an inner highlight, so I don't see why you couldn't use it on cheekbones.  It would give a pinky purple tint.

image.jpeg1401161

Thanks Mocha! I was having trouble determining which undertone I liked best. I prefer a satin finish over glitter. They're both so pretty, but A2A seems like the best.

Can anyone swatch UD 1993 next to MJ Mahogany? I've had Mahogany on my list for ages (thanks mocha, lol), but now I'm wondering if 1993 is similar enough I don't need both.

Thanks guys! Staying on the list then.

Anonymous Insider

1993 is a really pale terracotta flesh shade. Here it is with Nyx Soft Spoken and TooFaced Melted Chihuahua

1993 ss chih.jpg

I don't own 1993, but I have swatched it a few times.

IMO, Mahogany is not a dupe of 1993.  If anything, 1993 is closer to J'adore (the lighter brown shade in the MJ line) 

Mahogany is a deeper chocolate brown.  

Screen Shot 2016-01-09 at 10.48.17 AM.png

I don't have MJ Mahogany, but from this swatch 1993 definitely looks more similar to J'adore. It definitely does not have as much brown as Mahogany. 

IS it CT VIntage vamp or Dolce Vita that is supposed to be a dupe for TF Burnished Amber? I lwould love swatches of all 3 if anyone could? Please 🙂

I just noticed I've been going around all day with an armful of glitter from all the celestials I swatched this morning 😄

Anonymous Insider

They might think you're a supernatural being! 😛

I think she was saying Vintage Vamp is supposedly the dupe of BA.

I have BA, but neither of those CT quads 😞

Anonymous Insider

Dolce vita obviously(?) look different. 

If it's not too much trouble, could someone please help me swatch Marc Jacobs lovemarc gel in "All the way" and Nars Geraldine?

All the watches I've seen online look different and my eyes are going haywire, lol.

Thank you in advance!

I can do that.

They are WAY different though.  All the way is semi sheer and Geraldine is opaque.

Thank you Mochapj!

I've gathered from the swatches I already saw that they're very different, but I'm kind of shopping for anything in the orange range, without a formulation in mind.

Those are just the two prettiest ones I've come across 🙂

I have really pink lips and have yet to find an orange that isn't super pink coral-y on me.

Here you go!

1123150image.jpeg

I love oranges and have very mauvy lips, so I can sympathize.  Another good one (which I also have) is MJ Core Cora.  It's pretty orange-y as well.  

I ran out of light, so these pictures look a little redder than they should.  I can replace them with better ones in the morning, but you get the gist. 😉

Lovely!  Thank you!!!!!!!  These are sooooooo nice, and I have warm toned skin so your swatches are great for me.

I may just buy both 😄

Does anyone have TF Sahara Haze they could swatch for me?

I love greens and have been considering this one for a few months now, but would love to see more swatches/hear some feedback on it.

3 Replies
testing