Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

alright, here it is. use this thread to request swatches. the guidelines are up to you and your needs: single swatches, comparison swatches, specific skin tone swatches

when comparisons are requested, feel free to provide whatever you have of that request--i want anyone to participate and contribute if they want to. have fun, hope this is helpful !

Re: THE SWATCH REQUEST THREAD !

It's gorgeous 

bumping this for reminders ! 

Mine should arrive tomorrow...lipstick and the eye shadow quad.  Promise to post...but no arrivals today....

I'm curious about the eyeshadow cream in the same shade, if anyone ordered that already! 🙂

As am I! I know the creams are supposed to be sheer so I'm wondering how sheer this one will be

I ordered it over the weekend and it's shipped.  Once it arrives I'll swatch it if someone hasn't already.

Yes!! Thank you meganlisa! 

Haha I know how you feel. I also searched for this too. Lachaton mentioned that Temptalia has a review for the gold lip mist that released in 2014. Not sure if it's the same one, but it could be a similar concept. 

Yeah I saw the temptalia review, and I think the fact that it's a new formula might make a big difference. That one was designed to start off sheer and be buidable, more so than the current Kisses line I think. So the gold one was VERY sheer, at least on her lips, with just a hint of beige, and then also gold glitter that apparently fell into lines rather quickly.

So, YMMV from hers of course, but with a precedent like that I'd definitely wait for more info. Could be gorgeous, could be very meh.

That's pretty much where my thoughts are at, hence my turn to BT for guidance 🙂

Here is Jeffree Star's Androgyny

IMG_1162.JPG

Here's a pic on my lips

IMG_1154.JPG

This color is gorgeous!!!! Too bad most of the colors I like are OOS 😞

I did read somewhere they it will be restocked!  Also, I think they will end up making it permanent since it's so sought after.

I reeeeeeally like that, but it also looks a lot like KVD Double Dare to me. Do you happen to have that one to compare?

When I compare Double Dare to Patina/Marvelous Mauve, DD is warmer/pinker and Patina is more purple. Since Androgyny is visibly more purple than Patina, I'd think that it's much more purple/cool than DD!

I could swatch Double Dare for you if you would like, but I don't have Androgyny to compare it too and my skin tone is different than guzelkiz. 

It looks like Double Dare to me as well. However, after seeing guzelkiz's swatch next to Stila Patina, Patina and Double Dare look more similar. 

No, sorry I don't!  Honestly, since Jeffree Star's line came out I haven't even been looking at the KVD ones.

LOVE!  It looks great on you!

I have never heard of Jeffrey Star...

Thank you!

No way!  Sorry, I'm just shocked.  His brand has been out almost a year now and a lot of us have been talking about it on BT a bunch.

Clearly I am out of the loop.  How is the formula? Is it hydrating? Does it dry down or stay moist?  I saw a pic of it on fb and it looks like a liquid lipstick?  Where can I buy it?

Thank you ❤️ 

testing