cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Show Me Your Beauty Collections!๐Ÿ’—

Hello, beauties!!!๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

We had a fabulous collection thread on the old BT that didn't seem to migrate over to BIC and since I love looking at collections, I thought I'd start a new thread.

This is a space to share your beauty collections - makeup, lipstick, nail polish, perfume, whatever you've got!

I'll start off with a few of my collections.๐Ÿ’—

Pat McGrath:eZy Watermark_10-07-2023_12-52-05-3210PM.jpeg

Too Faced:

eZy Watermark_10-07-2023_12-51-29-7650PM.jpeg

Melt, Huda Beauty, MAC:

eZy Watermark_10-07-2023_12-52-38-9260PM.jpeg

Can't wait to see yours!!!๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’—

Re: Show Me Your Beauty Collections!๐Ÿ’—

I've posted a picture of my beauty subscription box sample organizer before, but here's a few photos of my whole getting-ready-for-the-day set up!

image1 (3).jpeg

My small, but manageable battle station! I have all my clothes in my dresser drawers (though I have some overflow of "nice" clothes I don't want to fold in the closet) and all the makeup I currently own is either in the hardware organizer or in the clear box thingy in the middle (do those have an actual name? I have no clue). I also have photos of me & my best friend and me & my boyfriend, plus a little sign I rotate with my favorite song lyrics. The painting hanging on the wall was done by a friend of mine, and the turtle necklace is a gift from my mom I've cherished and somehow not lost in all my clutter since I was around 8 or so. I like keeping all my beauty stuff organized well, but also surrounded by sentimental things that make me happy. I get really frustrated a lot with my face and facial features and trying to work around them with makeup, so when that gets me down I feel a little better seeing all the silly doo-dads and try not to get too down on myself.

Here's a closer look at the sample organizer:

image2 (2).jpeg

I bought it off Amazon. It's originally made for organizing hardware I think? The drawers are small enough to fit plenty of nuts and bolts and screws, that sort of thing. They also happen to be the perfect size for my makeup and skincare samples. Each drawer is separated by category, and I have some full size lipsticks in the bottom drawers. I tend to use up my samples fast enough that I don't run out of room in this organizer, so it works out!

Also, I'm realizing my makeup collection is way, waaaay smaller than a lot of people's here. And as much as I want to expand it I just don't have very much room sadly, lol. Me and my boyfriend live in a tiny 600 sq ft apartment, so space is limited. This little corner of the room is about as much as I can afford for my beauty stuff. I don't even have a desk or a vanity, I just tote all my products into the bathroom with me and sit on the sink to do my face in the mirror haha.

So if anyone has any tips for organizing an extensive collection in a small living area I'd appreciate it! I wanna buy more full size products but I don't wanna have nowhere to put them in an organized fashion, you know?

@hunterkathleen, love your black organizer, great for sam...

@HunterKathleen, love your black organizer, great for samples and little bits and things!

Re: @hunterkathleen, love your black organizer, great for sam...

Thanks!! It's proven to be super helpful in sorting my samples. (:

You could get a stool or folding chair and a lighted vani...

You could get a stool or folding chair and a lighted vanity mirror (Amazon has some great ones...I'm going to review a new one I just got soon and there's another I would like with great lighting built in) soyou could sit at your dresser and not have to carry your makeup into the bathroom. You could also get another rolling cart (either rectangular or a skinny cart) to add storage and then roll it out of the way. There's tons of all kinds of shapes, sizes and materials and the top makes another work surface.I have a grey and white fabric one and just added a bigger 15 drawer chrome cart that has a really great work surface on the top (which is helpful when working on SFX & fantasy makeup and for when I'm filming.) There's also all that wall space above your dresser where you could put shelving or cabinets and fit lots more fullsize products! I have shelving next to my vanity that goes from floor to ceiling in my studio so I don't waste any space lol. I also have some things in flat backed hangingcontainers and baskets that I used those Command removable hooks to hang them on. I am reorganizing again as I write. I have a large collection and it was organized, but it's always growing and I love to keep everything in it's place. I have all kinds of happy things and little things from my family and friends surrounding me too because it makes me happy. It's a lot easier to be creative and paint and create new characters when I am in a space that feels good! (I use my studio for both my regular makup, but also Fantasy/SFX etc makeup and filming so I need every inch of space I can get.) I hope that helps!๐Ÿ˜Š

Re: You could get a stool or folding chair and a lighted vani...

I thought about getting a stool to sit at my dresser! I might do it, I just don't know where I'd keep my legs haha. I would have to sit cross-legged probably and I don't know how well my back would take that (I have chronic back pain that fluctuates in severity depending on my posture, how long I'm on my feet, etc.) so I try to sit in ways that support my spine well. But it's on the table and I might try it! If it doesn't work out I can always use a supportive chair and get a small folding table to keep next to my dresser.

And as crazy as it sounds, for the life of us me and my boyfriend cannot get holes into the apartment walls!! I don't understand. There were nails in the walls in some places when he moved in, but every time we try to put new nails in we can't get them through. We tried to put curtain rods up one day and couldn't drill through the walls! It's crazy. So for now we don't put anything on the walls unless it's very, very light and I would be afraid to put storage up with command strips!

Thank you for all the suggestions! I really appreciate it.

@HunterKathleen Ha, your collection is great and nothing to sneer at.  I like the sample organizer a lot!  

Thanks! I definitely recommend the hardware organizer method to anyone who needs a sample storage solution. It makes it a lot easier for me to actually use stuff and not build up clutter in my apartment!

Your collection looks fantastic @HunterKathleen!

Thanks! Itโ€™s gonna be expanded after tomorrow when I take advantage of that 10% discount. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@hunterkathleen I love your nuts and bolts container for...

@HunterKathleen I love your nuts and bolts container for sample storage!

Re: @hunterkathleen I love your nuts and bolts container for...

Thanks! I plan on getting a label maker to sticks the categories on the front of the drawers too, I just havenโ€™t gotten around to it yet. But soon!

@HunterKathleen  My advice: use the wall. I keep all my makeup in the bathroom and Iโ€™ve hung some of it on the most usable wall in there. I donโ€™t have a makeup vanity: I either stand in the bathroom or use a folding stool to sit at the counter. 

If you donโ€™t want to hammer lots of nails into the wall to hang shelves and things, try hanging one or two very large sheets of metal that magnets will stick to. Then stick magnetic containers on the metal. That was my original plan, until I realized the studs in my bathroom wall are metal. So instead, I bought a Perch magnetic wall system: a few metal plates that attach to the wall with Command Strips and hold various magnetic containers and Perch shelves. (Command Strips are my best friends; I rent and have no desire to fill 100 nail holes when I move out. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Youโ€™re already repurposing things for makeup (hooray!), so think more along those lines for wall-hung items. Something like a wall-hanging file/paper/magazine holder could work for large eyeshadow palettes, makeup wipes, etc. I keep all my liquid lipsticks (liquid mattes, glosses, liquid satins, toppers) in 2 in-drawer spice racks inside a large bathroom drawer. 

Also, I love your sample organizer! Thatโ€™s a good idea... I should do something like that for all the samples I save to give away. Right now theyโ€™re all stored in categorized plastic baggies and shoe boxes. The samples I know Iโ€™ll use are kept in my countertop acrylic drawer stack. I also really like your painting. And I understand keeping sentimental items nearby to boost your mood. I do the same thing. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Ooooh the magnetic organizer is a good idea. That would probably be ideal. Weโ€™ve tried to put nails in the walls before in this apartment and it goes miserably. These walls just do NOT wanna take nails for whatever reason so everything we have hung is either on nails that were already there when we moved in or command hooks.

I used ziploc bags for my samples originally but then I encountered the problem of storing the bags! I had all of them shoved into one dresser drawer and because I couldnโ€™t see their contents easily I never used them. Hence my enormous backlog of samples now lol. I still have some stuff from January 2018. ๐Ÿคญ

I also just realized I completely forgot to take a photo of the organization I did in the bathroom and me and the boyfriend's skincare/bath & body stuff. Let's just say I don't think he can ever give me grief again about having too much makeup because he owns twice as many skincare products as I do! It took me longer to sort and organize his stuff in the bathroom cabinet than to do my own stuff. (Not to mention there was no room in the cabinet for any of my stuff anyway; his products took all the space! So my stuff is hanging in a basket on the back of the bathroom door.)

Show Me Your Beauty Collections!๐Ÿ’—

Time for some much needed organization.

This is where I would fail. I would start out organizing which would then turn into swatching which would then turn into trying on which would then turn into getting the wine from the fridge and queueing up some YouTube vids. 

Anonymous Insider

is that all makeup, skin care, nail art etc? if it is the...

is that all makeup, skin care, nail art etc? if it is then I'm falling eay behind lol

Hi @DeeBBY3469 ,

I would love to help organize! I love organizing things! Can't wait to see the finished result!

Best Wishes,

Janean

Ahhhhhhhhh, okay Iโ€™m both twitching at the huge mess and eager to see the before and afters!  @DeeBBY3469 

oh I can't wait to see the finished results! I'm moving l...

oh I can't wait to see the finished results! I'm moving later this year so I'm looking at everyone's organization and set up for inspiration for my new space!

Wow thatโ€™s an amazing collection @DeeBBY3469! Good luck with the organizationโค๏ธ

testing