Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

September Rewards Bizaar 2017

Hello everyone! I'm sure you've seen the email that was sent out that made my heart skip a beat! For one of the 1,000 point rewards is the 2016 Hourglass Ambient Edit Palette! 😱 in the email they stated that all rewards are posted on tuesdays and Thursday's from 9-5pst. I'm a working woman so I can't sit on my Sephora app on my phone and refresh every few minutes. Hoping someone could give me the day of the month this will launch? Thanks loves! 

Re: September Rewards Bizaar 2017

😓☹️sorry for such a long message but I sincerely hope someone can shed some light on my awful experiences below as Sephora customer service was no help whatsoever!!!:

I'm so very disappointed that I didn't get this reward. It was my first time I saw something that I really wanted to get. I already knew how fast these things go out of stock and every Tuesday and Thursday since it dropped my fiancé and I setup to refresh every ten seconds and alert for changes to the page. They restocked the reward at least a couple different times on the restock days. I don't even know how many times I was able to get it in stock and in my cart to hit checkout within mere seconds of the restock and upon trying to check out I would receive an error that my cart wasn't up to date, I kept trying repeatedly  for the 30-60 seconds the item was in stock to no avail until it would say "out of stock" and remove it from the cart. I even had preloaded my cart with an item (even though it is supposed to be able to ship without a purchase) after reading some messages in this thread. It never let me actually check out and sometimes it would restock within 15-30 minutes and again errored until it showed out of stock. I can't express how frustrating this was and yesterday after two restocks in less than 30 minutes with repeated same errors I contacted Sephora on the phone. I was given no explanation of why I was getting the error or how to prevent it in the future and because the employee on the phone said that was the last time they'd be restocking the reward they couldn't help me and would be promptly removing it from the page(which hasn't happened). They said next time if I got the error for a different reward to call them to place the order and I told them by the time I'd reach a human on the service line the item would again be sold out. Basically they said sorry for the inconvenience and never explained why I was getting the error or how to prevent it. Obviously I'm incredibly disappointed and was nearly in tears just from the amount of time and effort put into trying to ensure I would be able to claim this reward and having no explanation as to why it errored or how to prevent it from happening again if there's ever something else I would want to spend that amount of time, effort and  my reward points on in the future. I was using the app, is it better to use the actual website? 😧 

has anyone else experienced this error situation and/or any advice on having a fighting chance to ever be able to actually redeem my hard earned points for something else (that by the way really everything offered is a total rip off with how the breakdown of money spent to collect points and the monetary value of the rewards is like paying tenfold for the available rewards which is already a slap in the face. Then the higher level rewards seem practically impossible to redeem!) I'm happy for everyone who was able to get their hands on this but I'm also horribly disheartened and confused by how this whole ordeal went down and I can't be the only person who has had this experience. Please, if anyone is able, tell me what on earth I'm doing wrong and how I will ever have a chance to redeem my darn reward points one day???? Thank you so much in advance  for anyone able to shed some (dim)light on my problem and appalling experience:-((

they just keep those rewards for the ppl who they sponsor...

they just keep those rewards for the ppl who they sponsor. you know the ppl who already have tons of makeup. other ppl can't get to those higher point rewards. total b.s. to me.

Re: they just keep those rewards for the ppl who they sponsor...

Actually I got that reward. And when few months ago Hourglass had 1000 points reward - I got that too. You have to be very quick - like you have literally 10 seconds to check out. When I know that within next few weeks there will be a reward I want I set calendar reminder 5 min prior the drop time. I look at the time on my laptop that shows me seconds and as soon as seconds hand hits 9:00:00 Refresh, Buy, Check out and i was out before 9:00:15. Rewards were gone.

@yaziexo I agree with @gonerogue, It's just luck. I've tried a few times to redeem rewards and not been able to redeem them. With the Hourglass, I was on my laptop, 10 minutes before it was live, refreshing every minute. I did get it this time. You just have to be on your computer on time on a reasonably fast browser ready to try your luck.

@yaziexo It's actually more of a luck game than anything. They don't "select" people with the opportunity to redeem rewards based on how much products they own. If there's a reward you really want, you just have to be online ready to redeem it right at 9AM PST when it goes live, simple as that.

I was able to get one. I was on my Android phone using Go...

I was able to get one. I was on my Android phone using Google chrome. It never gave me the error message, but did give me out of stock and took it out of my cart. I kept trying and finally 20-30 minutes I tried again and was able to check out. Maybe the website wasn't bombarded by then? I'm sorry you had so much trouble. This was the first time I redeemed anything over 100 points. It restocked the other day, I snagged a 2nd one, only to receive an email it was out of stock and my order cancelled. I still go through the rewards page a few times a day just in case.

@beatztreatz You might have better luck using an actual computer and using Google Chrome. I've been able to snag some good rewards by using Google Chrome and being online right at 9AM when they drop. Best of luck.

Yes, my strategy has been to have my phone ready as well as a couple of different browsers on the computer. 

RE: September Rewards Bizaar 2017

I was able to snag the Hourglass reward! It just arrived today. Sephora has been doing a great job at coming up with good offerings.

Re: RE: September Rewards Bizaar 2017

I got mine today too! It's better in person than online! I'm so happy!!

I set an alarm so I can get it once it launched. I did get it. Got the confirmation on shipping etc. 

They used Lasership as the carrier, I tracked it on Monday it says delivered but I can't find it anywhere in the house until now. 

Its out of stock now and my package is probably ended up in Bermuda Triangle since no one take responsibility for it. 

Made me so angry. Good luck for those who got it. But seriously. Lasership. Come. On. LaserSHIT

RE: Re: September Rewards Bizaar 2017

I fricking hate lasership (laserShit) too. They lost my too faced reward, pure scumbags if u ask me

I was waiting for this one too. It went so fast!

I was waiting for this one too. It went so fast!

RE: September Rewards Bizaar 2017

I placed my order with standard shipping and just got my shipping confirmation email 10 min ago. I'm honestly shocked since I'd given up hope by now

Re: RE: September Rewards Bizaar 2017

Just got mine too. I nearly cried with joy. Fingers crossed for @Kim888 and @Tofu 

RE: Re: RE: September Rewards Bizaar 2017

Tada! Day made!

Re: RE: Re: RE: September Rewards Bizaar 2017

@kapeterson24 Yay! So happy for you! I just love the packaging for the rewards.

It's pretty great. This is the first time I've redeemed a reward over 500 pts. They do a great job of making it feel like a present. 

Mine came today too and I'm so happy with it. 

yay!! makes all the craziness worth it doesn't it 

It so does! 

testing