Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Sephora_Shopping_Bag (2).jpg

Hi friends! While our team is spending more time at home, some of us have been doing some spring cleaning or just have a little extra time to play around with makeup, but it seems like we’ve all come across products that have been living in our drawers for what feels like decades (or maybe even longer)! This got us thinking and taking a walk down memory lane and reminiscing on our first holy grail products from Sephora.

In a previous thread, some of us have talked about our first purchase ever from Sephora, but we are so interested to hear what was the first “holy grail” product you remember getting from Sephora that you just could not live without? Maybe it was finding that perfect lipstick, or the first foundation that was your spot-on shade match? Or even a primer or skincare product you still swear by!

What’s the first-ever holy grail product you remember getting from Sephora? Show & Tell by replying below!

Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Gucci Bloom! (The regular one)

I haven't found a perfume that comes close since!

Anonymous Insider

One of the best coverage and continues to work is Estee Lauder full coverage in the tube .

Just a hard to beat product . Covers stubborn marks and scars . A little goes a long W A Y !

Been obsessed with #Caudalie #BeautyElixir for 10 years!! #beautyisaburden

702AF363-8149-4AE4-A985-82B24849052A.jpeg

Although I’ve been shopping at Sephora for many years, the product I would consider my 1st (#1) holy grail is:

🥰 Urban Decay Naked Rule34 Lip Gloss

I absolutely loved My Urban Decay Naked Rule34 Lip Gloss❣️

I got it as a birthday present from a friend a few years ago. I absolutely adored it!

😭 I'm super bummed that they no longer carry it

It was so perfect to wear alone or for a shine on top of lipstick.

It was perfectly nude, sheer, and glossy without being heavy, cakey, and transferring to everything.

I office out of my home, and since I’m being safe at home and limiting my outings and doing business over the phone or virtual, I haven’t been searching too hard for a replacement.

But soon, I’ll be on the hunt

My first holy grail skincare product from Sephora was Proactiv Solutions Renewing Cleanser. I have struggled with acne for years, and I got this cleanser after trying the 3 step 30 day set from Shoppers Drug Mart, which I saw results with after my first use! 😱🤗 This cleanser has become an essential part to my routine! The other product I swear by is the Proactiv Emergency Blemish Relief. As soon as I see a pimple coming on, I put some of this on it, and it goes down within a few days! So thankful that Sephora could help my skin so much and make me feel more confident ❤️ I'm also so happy that Sephora has these groups and conversations where you can ask questions, give advice, and share things! For anyone who is reading this; you are beautiful. You are loved, and you can do anything you put your mind to 💖 If you have any questions about your skin, or anything, please let me know! I'm so happy to help! Have a wonderful day 🙂

My holy grail from Sephora definitely has to be The Ordinary Peeling Solution. The first time I tried it I could not believe how it made my skin feel! It’s my go to for a pick me up. 

My #1 Holy Grail from Sephora is Urban Decay Eye Primer. I've tried using concealer, and other brands, but I just can't. It's simple but a must for me.

my first holy grail product was the Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation (now discontinued) and the All Nighter Setting Spray 💗

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer Fenty Glow was the first ever product that I bought at Sephora. 🥰 I still have it. I've used it over 10 times and the amount hasn't moved! 😱 My mom introduced me to Sephora.

RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

I’m new to cosmetics (sort of became a pandemic hobby) but having reached my late 20s decided a couple years ago to get back into skincare. I think I’ve inherited my mom’s amazing skin (she’s 66 and doesn’t look a day over 50 with absolutely no work done, just a smart regimen) and I want to protect that asset. And I’m even newer to Sephora given the pandemic store closures, so I’ve been a total Drugstore Diva in the interim. (I probably got into makeup because at the beginning of shelter-in-place, I realized the CVS by my house was empty after about 2 PM and so it felt like a safe place to just hang out for a bit and leave the house.) But I’m talking, like, the first time I ever went into a Sephora alone was about a week and a half ago. It felt better than Disneyland, and I’m completely addicted. I could live in there. I’m already VIB as of today! Being a dude and whatnot, it is my little safe space where I know I can ask or talk about any product at all and be met with only enthusiasm from the wonderful and knowledgeable staff. Maybe Sephora itself is my Sephora holy grail. The closest thing I’ve found to an HG so far would be the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer (and if not that, Tatcha The Water Cream). Most silicone primers do diddly squat for my extremely oily skin and pores the size of actual meteor impact craters (I call my face La Brea) and my go-to drugstore primer was the e.l.f. Beauty Shield SPF 50, which is now discontinued. The search for a new mineral-based primer led me to the Hourglass Veil, which led me to Sephora (much to the delight of an aesthetician friend who mocked me relentlessly for my drugstore habit) once a store nearby reopened. If I can expand the scope to “products I haven’t bought from Sephora yet but are sold there”, I have three absolute holy grails: Origins GinZing Eye Cream, The Ordinary Niacin + Zinc serum, and Fenty Mattedemoiselle. My mom is an Origins junkie and has been for about 20 years, and she tried very hard very early to get me to take good care of my face. I mean like, when I was about ten I got my first tube of Checks and Balances cleanser and bottle of United State toner and learned about the importance of exfoliation. We’re a little crazy. Ironically, now she floats between Origins Plantscription cleanser and the Philosophy cleanser that’s an online exclusive here, and I’d bet money she’d name one of those two as *her* holy grail. I discovered and fell in love with The Ordinary on my own a couple years ago. I love that they go into the science behind their products without resorting to vagaries and buzzwords, as I have a chemistry background myself. And, of course, those prices. I hope Sephora continues to carry their products (and ideally add the Hylamide line! Hylamide Matte 12 is a legit holy grail for me.) because then DECIEM itself becomes one less place to have to order from. Third, especially at the current price of $12.50, I think Queen Riri’s Mattedemoiselle is some of the best bang-for-your-buck lipstick out there, between the shade range and the excellent color payoff. I keep meaning to try the Fenty blotting paper too...I guess that’s an excuse for another order. One day I’m gonna splurge on the Guerlain lip primer but at that price point I’m *afraid* it’d become a holy grail. And finally, seems like the most common single response on this thread is the UD Eyeshadow Primer. Y’all already know you’re not alone there, but I could name at least 4 friends from high school for whom that was their “gateway drug” to Sephora at age 16 or so because they loved the stuff so much. I accompanied them on many a trip to the mall at the time, if only for the UD primer, and was kinda into fragrances anyway, so I think my first purchase was some Versace Pour Homme, a longtime treasured possession and at-the-time holy grail, but I no longer wear any fragrance. Yikes I got verbose. Kudos to you if you read all of that!

Re: RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

@frognerary That's a lot of great stuff you bought!  Sephora and makeup is definitely an addiction for me.  Super jealous that you have naturally beautiful skin!

If I had nice skin like you, I wouldn't use as much skincare/ makeup products!

RE: Re: RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

whoops, don’t know how that cut off! I got the Olehenriksen Balance Babies set during the sale and given the glowing reviews I am holding out some hope.

RE: Re: RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

trust, girl, you do not want my pores though. I’ve tried everything, but they’ve been enormous since I was a pre-teen, and oh so rarely have I ever met a powder I can put on without my face looking like the face of the moon if the moon came in a MAC NW20. I’m so desperate that you could write PORE REFINING on a bottle of motor oil and I’d be pulling out my wallet. I snagged the Olehenriksen Balance Babies set during the sale because of the glowing reviews and good god I hope it works.

When I read this question one of my first ever Sephora purchased products popped into my head, the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer! I don't even know how to explain how smooth this makes my face feel and how I can use it with ANY foundation. When I purchase a new foundation I always use this product as I know how it works with my skin. I have found this works under many different types of foundations from powder, sheer, luminous, or matte. I have repurchased this around 10 times since 2013, I always get the travel size as it lasts me a long time and I personally have a few primers I rotate between. However, this is the only one so far that I have ever repurchased. 

If this isn’t my #1, it’s definitely in the top 3. Almost all silicone-based primers do nothing for me and this just sits so beautifully and feels so nice on the skin.

I'd have to say First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration 8 oz/ 226 g # I use it for the face, sometimes my elbows too. It doesn't sting my face, doesn't smell like anything, is not too expensive, and works wonders for my dehydrated and sensitive skin ! I've since grown to love the brand entirely !

Blinc Amplified Tubing Mascara Black 

I have been wearing this mascara since high school when you could only buy it from the luxury spa at the country club I worked at. I hate wearing normal mascara because I feel like even with the best skincare routine, I would always be tugged under my eyes to get all the mascara off. This mascara coats your lashes in little tubes that slide off with a but of warm water. Once I saw that Sephora carried this brand, I was over the moon excited. 

Hoola Bronzer!

Urban decay all nighter and prep spray!!

It was a makeup set by Sephora for $100. This was back in 2012 so I don't think they have it anymore. I got the closest thing I could find as a photo. It was my first professional set of brushes, I still have them. I was so happy when I purchased them because it was the first time I could purchase a quality item at that price.

Liz3136_1-1597631079602.png

@Liz3136 

I love the SEPHORA COLLECTION Ready To Roll Brush Set!  It's a great brush set for beginners.

I bought it a few years back and love how soft they are, they still sell them at Sephora.  I just bought the SEPHORA COLLECTION PRO Concealer Brush #57 and love that as well!

1 Reply
testing