Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Sephora_Shopping_Bag (2).jpg

Hi friends! While our team is spending more time at home, some of us have been doing some spring cleaning or just have a little extra time to play around with makeup, but it seems like we’ve all come across products that have been living in our drawers for what feels like decades (or maybe even longer)! This got us thinking and taking a walk down memory lane and reminiscing on our first holy grail products from Sephora.

In a previous thread, some of us have talked about our first purchase ever from Sephora, but we are so interested to hear what was the first “holy grail” product you remember getting from Sephora that you just could not live without? Maybe it was finding that perfect lipstick, or the first foundation that was your spot-on shade match? Or even a primer or skincare product you still swear by!

What’s the first-ever holy grail product you remember getting from Sephora? Show & Tell by replying below!

Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

For sure Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Eyebrow Pencil Taupe

This is by far the best eye brow product on the market -- total must-have, staple, in your makeup collection. 

RE: Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Still need to try it! I’m hooked on the benefit pencil! @Cobra1

RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Dang this takes me wayyy down memory road. I want to say MUFE HD foundation, HD setting powder,tarte true blood palette and UD OG naked

Hi @BrendaBT! There are soooo many first holy grail products! I was obsessed with Dior! My first trip was in 2003, I had just had my oldest son! Now 16yrs! I purchased Dior Exfoliating Scrub (which they do not make anymore) and Dior Addict Lip Gloss in a cool early 2000’s brownish/holographic shade! I wish I had them to take pictures of! What I did find out though is though for a limited time you can purchase any two Dior Dreamskin or Capture Totale items and receive 30% off the item of the lowest price! Now I want to order some! Only until 6/27!

Re: RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Ooo thanks for posting this deal @ElizaPRO ! Sephora's discounts on select items are sometimes hidden and go unnoticed unless I am browsing for that product specifically. Nice to know they're doing a promotion on luxury skincare from Dior!^^

I've been highly happy with my purchases so far! the samp...

I've been highly happy with my purchases so far! the sample box I just received was WELL with getting to try things out, named brands, I also got some drunk elephant product to try out. waiting on last product of my order, an olehenriksen set! now the trials begin!

Dr. Brandt “pores no more”. This is a really great primer before foundation or used on its own to mattify oily skin and completely diminish the look of pores instantly!

Re: RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

@Rachelgrof OMG YES! I completely forgot about this product but it was the first face primer I ever fell in love with! I should revisit...

I think the first HG product was Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil Perversion I got a few of them for the first time in a kit at Christmas and it did not smudge on my asian lids! My mind was blown. 

The other one is Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Extra Strength Daily Peel Pads 30 Treatments + 5 Bonus. I've bought so much of this stuff over the years and it is still a HG product. 

Love love love the UD eye liners, @nche!

Marc Jacobs Gel Crayon eye liner! I need a long lasting waterproof liner but have trouble working with liquids. When the Marc Jacobs came out an employee recommended them to me and I was hooked after one use! So easy to apply and lasts forever through blood sweat and tears Lol I went back later in the week and bought almost all the colors!

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche lipsticks and the TokyoMilk Femme Fatale lip chap.

I love Bite Beauty! I bought this gold sparkly lip gloss...

I love Bite Beauty! I bought this gold sparkly lip gloss by them and I am obsessed!

Cc cream it cosmetics

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Foot Mask and Skyn Iceland Eye Masks (they're available at Sephora Canada). Truly HGs. When I was traveling a lot for work, these saved me. 

@haleyvvvv I agree these are amazing! 

Best,
Rebecca

Most Definitely was the Lancôme Foundation that was expertly matched to my skin

My stain airwrap! Love it so much

NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base Original

NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base Original   is definite my first Holy Grail product I can’t live without From Sephora. I seriously thought I would be doomed to never have eyeshadow last more than a few hours with my hooded eyes. 💜💛💜

Oh wow I haven't tried this primer yet! Still on the hunt for a good one!! With your recommendation, I'm adding it to my shopping list 😉 @sister13 

Yes! It’s so unassuming and underrated, I feel! About the only ever one that’s worked for me is the urban decay Eye primer potion in SIN, it’s the shimmery beige one. But that NARS  is amazing stuff and I hope it works for you, 💕💕💕

Good luck! @Guessgal 

testing