Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Sephora_Shopping_Bag (2).jpg

Hi friends! While our team is spending more time at home, some of us have been doing some spring cleaning or just have a little extra time to play around with makeup, but it seems like we’ve all come across products that have been living in our drawers for what feels like decades (or maybe even longer)! This got us thinking and taking a walk down memory lane and reminiscing on our first holy grail products from Sephora.

In a previous thread, some of us have talked about our first purchase ever from Sephora, but we are so interested to hear what was the first “holy grail” product you remember getting from Sephora that you just could not live without? Maybe it was finding that perfect lipstick, or the first foundation that was your spot-on shade match? Or even a primer or skincare product you still swear by!

What’s the first-ever holy grail product you remember getting from Sephora? Show & Tell by replying below!

Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

I am newer to Sephora, thank you to my little sister talking you all up as I expressed my dissatisfaction with the "other" beauty supplier which I'm sure is a competitor to yours! With that being said, I made 3 orders in one month, lol and I'm a scent freak so out of the hundreds spent in a month from hair care, to skin care, makeup, body care, and scents. I will say the holy grail for me is ...., not sure why there's a one star, but using as a hand wash to elbows, so I can spare the product, it smells amazing and the scent last long! Out of the numerous products I've received in one month, my least favorite is, the Sephora mattifying h20 gel primer, I'm 55 and never had work done because I never needed work done, but this product looks horrible on, I truly have no wrinkles and get complimented often, it's genetics, excellent skin, this product cannot be stressed enough, sux! It adds lines that don't exist, lol, how's this possible?

RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

ABH brow pomade 😍😍😍 First thing I ever splurged on

Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

I was just realizing that while I switch my makeup often throughout the years, I have the same favorite skincare products. After I'm done with a moisturizer or eye cream or something, I tend to use samples for a bit to see if I find something I like better, but I always go back to Farmacy Dew It All Total Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL and Ole Henriksen Vitamin C Truth Serum, which I can't seem to find to tag. I've been using both products for at least a few years.

@txcatx  I love this Farmacy eye cream.

@BrendaBT Ooo love this thread! My first holy grail product from Sephora has got to be the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour eyeshadow in Rio de Rose Gold. It gleamed so beautifully in the light! I liked it so much that two years later I got another shade from their line in Rainforest Green.

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 8.35.44 PM.png

For some reason, it's not showing up when I try to tag it, but this line is still available at Sephora 🙂

@Guessgal  I saw your thumbnail and had to come on and say yes to this.  I loved the Coconut Water eyeshadows.  I had Rio de Rosegold and a few other shades.  They were so easy to wear with stunning shimmer.  I had a problem with the doe foot applicator.  They would detach in the bottle after a while.  It didn't stop me from using it.  I would just use a small brush to scoop out whatever I could.  I would love to see Sephora carry more of her make up.  

Unfortunately it has been discontinued @Guessgal. I can’t find it either at QVC or her website. I still have a bottle and I agree that it is beautiful shade.

That's so odd! I'm still seeing the line available when I check on Sephora Canada. Rio Rose Gold isn't there, but 4 other shades are... that's too bad that they got rid of it in the States. I guess I gotta hurry and scoop up the other shades while I still can!! @Loretta55 

It looks beautiful @Guessgal 

Thanks @fatimamummy! I want to order the shade Polynesian Purple next^^

My first holy grail product would have to be my Olaplex 3 hair product

@BrendaBT Fun thread idea!  Too Faced Natural Eyes Eyeshadow Palettemade me fall in love with makeup!  

My first Holy Grail would be the Volition Celery moisturizer! Absolutely love this product and it was the first moisturizer where I actually bought a second bottle to use lol

Re: RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

@tiwin09 That’s still on my list of things I want to try...maybe I need to move it up!

RE: Re: RE: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Yasss you definitely should! 🙂

KVD Tattoo liner in trooper ! It is still going strong and I hope KVD Beauty Tattoo Liner Vegan Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Trooper is the same liner with just new brand tag.

RE: Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

Such a great eyeliner!!! Another holy grail!

Re: RE: Re: Sephora Firsts: What was your first Holy Grail Product from Sephora?

@idanyd I keep coming back to it.

OMG. No joke, Oil. Blotting. Sheets. When I was 13, I discovered these babies and I thought I found the Holy Grail. haha. I had severely oily skin and I remember walking into a Sephora with a girlfriend and finding them. I still always have a pack with me now at 32, just in case lol.

@Moonygurl Were they the Boscia oil blotting sheets? I’ve repurchased those so many times over the years. 

When I originally discovered them, it was the Sephora brand of blotting sheets, but now I do have the Boscia 🙂 

2 Replies
testing