cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge Week 6: Brow Pencil vs. Blush

BIC_MakeupMadness_ThreadImage.png

Finally, a sport we can all get behind... MAKEUP MADNESS! In the spirit of March, we’ve put together the ultimate battle of the beauty favorites – bracket style! – and it’s YOUR turn to vote! Each week, we’ll have a new showdown, pitting tried-and-true makeup categories against each other until we narrow it down and crown the Community Champion makeup product category… and hopefully get some all-star recs along the way! 😊

Makeup Madness Round 6.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and TAG a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, @AlexBT can’t live without her signature cat eye, so in the battle between Mascara vs. Eyeliner, she might reply with “EYELINER! Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Liner 0.08 oz/ 2.4 mL😼

Each new round of voting starts Fridays at 2pm PT, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3-3/11): Mascara (👑) vs. Eyeliner 
  • ROUND 2 (3/12-3/18): Lip Gloss vs. Lipstick (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/19-3/25): Brow Gel vs. Brow Pencil (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/26-4/1): Bronzer vs. Blush (👑)
  • ROUND 5 (4/2-4/8): Mascara (👑) vs. Lipstick 
  • ROUND 6 (4/9-4/15): Brow Pencil vs. Blush ◀
  • FINAL ROUND (4/16-4/22): ?? vs. ??
  • CHAMPIONS REVEALED (4/23): ????

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (Brow Pencil or Blush!) use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge Week 6: Brow Pencil vs. Blush

New to the forums so I think I read this correctly and can still vote in this round. Team blush all the way! Gorgeous glowy blush. 

Embarrassed to admit but I never touched an eyebrow pencil or gel etc until 2018 (and I’m in my 40’s...LOL) In the miid 90’s -00’s, I worked in a salon and constantly waxed and over plucked my eyebrows trying to achieve that Gwen Stefani pencil thin brow look. 
Well those babies never grew back in.😮

I’ve always been into makeup, but used my bangs as an excuse to hide my non existent eyebrows. I now have a drawer full of brow products and am envious of those of you with beautiful thick brows. I do my brows now but still hide them with my bangs. 🤣

Team brow pencil.

It's Team Blush for me!

As much as I love the idea of blush I feel like on its own (without supporting makeup products) it can’t do as much for a face what a defined brow can do so brow pencil it is for me.

I actually have started using brow powder after one of the Sephora make-up sessions (good old days when I could get that done) as I felt it looked softer and more natural compared to pencil (most probably my lack of skills in using the pencil)

Most days I only do skincare but when I put in 2-5 min for gettting ready, it’s brows, eyeliner and lip balm. 
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo 

Most definitely, most certainly brows, the frame of the face. 

Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows Tinted Eyebrow Gel 

Brow pencil (gel.)  Not even a struggle for me to make this choice. Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW® Gel Granite.

For this round, I choose blush! My long standing fave is Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Collection but I also frequently reach for CLINIQUE Cheek Pop Blush

I absolutely love blush...however, I don't have any eyebrows.  BROW PENCIL for me.  (Technically, brow gel, but that's not an option!)

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (in taupe)

Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW™ Pomade (in taupe)

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo (in taupe)

@TeamBIC --

BROW!

Even though blush is my favorite part of makeup & doing my cheeks is my fave thing; even though I can and often do my eyebrows without one, I have to go with Brow Pencil, as the anchor of my brow routine and the set-up factor for my whole face. 

I have about 6+ different pencils, at least, but ABH Wiz in taupe is always good. 

Brow Pencil.

Brow pencil for me! I have mild rosacea, so my cheeks don't need any help 😂

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz 

Okay so, to be fair I actually haven't ever used an eyebrow pencil. But I do adore blush. I mostly like stick blushes.

Brow pencil all the way! I feel undone if I don't have my brows

YES! @Ande13 BROWS for the win!

Blush for me @TeamBIC because I can use it as a lippie as well! 😆 Two I find work well as both are MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush Raspberry Beret (thank you again for the gratis!) and. Westman Atelier Baby Cheeks Blush Stick Petal

Definitely a great argument in favor of blush @itsfi ! 😁

Hahaha @Sunnysmom! I do love that I can use these cream blushes as a lippie. 😍 

One could say it could make the case for also having an extra lippie @itsfi because you can of course use it vicey versy on the cheek also 😂.

Yes!!! So true @Sunnysmom; so true! Then I definitely don’t need any more lippies or blush. 😆 

No @itsfi ! 😩

526 Replies