Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Makeup Madness Challenge: CHAMPION REVEALED - Check out the winner and Community Favorite makeup products!

BIC_MakeupMadness_ThreadImage.png

Finally, a sport we can all get behind... MAKEUP MADNESS! In the spirit of March, we’ve put together the ultimate battle of the beauty favorites – bracket style! – and it’s YOUR turn to vote! Each week, we’ll have a new showdown, pitting tried-and-true makeup categories against each other until we narrow it down and crown the Community Champion makeup product category… and hopefully get some all-star recs along the way! 😊

Makeup Madness Champion Revealed.png

TO VOTE, hit the reply button below and TAG a product you love that represents the category you’re voting for. For example, @AlexBT can’t live without her signature cat eye, so in the battle between Mascara vs. Eyeliner, she might reply with “EYELINER! Anastasia Beverly Hills Waterproof Matte Liquid Eyeliner 0.08 oz/ 2.4 mL😼

Each new round of voting starts Fridays at 2pm PT, and ends the following Thursday at 2pm PT:

• ROUND 1 (3/3-3/11): Mascara (👑) vs. Eyeliner 
  • ROUND 2 (3/12-3/18): Lip Gloss vs. Lipstick (👑)
  • ROUND 3 (3/19-3/25): Brow Gel vs. Brow Pencil (👑)
  • ROUND 4 (3/26-4/1): Bronzer vs. Blush (👑)
  • ROUND 5 (4/2-4/8): Mascara (👑) vs. Lipstick 
  • ROUND 6 (4/9-4/15): Brow Pencil (👑) vs. Blush
  • FINAL ROUND (4/16-4/22): Mascara (👑) vs. Brow Pencil 
  • CHAMPION REVEALED (4/23): 👑 Mascara 👑

Click the “Reply” button below and vote for your favorite product (Mascara or Brow Pencil!) use the “#” sign to tag a specific one you love, then check back for the results and the next round of voting!

UPDATE 4/23/21: Thank you to everyone who participated in Makeup Madness 2021! This year’s champion is mascara - BIC, we respect your commitment to the lash game. 🙌 Here were Community members’ top-tagged mascaras from your votes throughout this challenge:

1. ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight 
  2. MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml 
  3. Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara Black 
  4. Lancôme Monsieur Big Volumizing Mascara Standard Size Black - 0.33 oz/ 10 mL 
  5. Yves Saint Laurent The Shock Volumizing Mascara 

While mascara took home the crown this time, you all showed lots of love for all the other makeup categories in the bracket! Here were the most-tagged products in some of the other categories:

We thank you again for playing, BIC! See you later for the next beauty challenge… 😉

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge Week 5: Mascara vs. Lipstick

@sprocketta,

You are The Spokesperson for Lipstick!  💋

@tsavorite I think it might be @WinglessOne 

Blush takes the cake for Round 4 of Makeup Madness: Battle of the Cheek Products! Thanks for voting, BIC – deep inside, I know many of us wouldn’t want to go without one or the other. 😊

We’re getting closer and closer to the championship! This week, we’re coming back around and putting two of your favorite categories against each other: MASCARA vs. LIPSTICK. As if the first couple of matchups weren’t difficult enough already … this one will definitely be a challenge!

Vote for either mascara or lipstick, and when tagging a product within that category, feel free to either tag the same the same product you tagged previously (if you voted in Round 1 or 2), or tag another favorite!

Re: Makeup Madness Challenge Week 4: Bronzer vs. Blush

Bronzer!

Team bronzer all the way! If I don’t have blush I can even use a light bronze to add color to my cheeks.

I like the #TOOFACED , #TARTE and other bronzer palettes that give me shade options as well as a good drugstore option is always- #BUTTERBRONZER

Bronzer 

I am going to go with a bronze.

Another vote for TEAM BLUSH here.  I actually rarely use a bronzer.  I'm pretty pale and stay sunsafe year round so bronzer tends to look a little out of place if I'm not super careful.  Favourite blushes the last few years are creams.  The MILK MAKEUP Lip + Cheek Werk is easy to use everyday.  The last few months the Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush After Hours  have been taking over as I finish up a Becca cream blush that got me started in creams.  There will for sure be a few new ones coming to live with me in the upcoming sale. 

Team Blush all day!! I love the different options for formulas/finishes/colors. I am loving a blush contour right now!!

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick 

MERIT Flush Balm Cream Blush 

ILIA Color Haze Multi-Use Pigment 

Kosas Color & Light: Crème Cream Blush & Highlighter Duo 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Collection (do better about your shade ranges!)

NUDESTIX Nudies Cream Blush All-Over-Face Color 

And so many formulas I want to try that I am going to get in the sale.

I've been looking into the orange and terracotta shades, also, @haleyvvvv! Terracotta seems to work well for everyone. That Merit blush color looks gorgeous.

Oooh, I have Merit in Mood and Fenty in Drama Cla$$, I just tagged the general products, @curlychiquita!! I do love orange blushes though!! I really want all of the shades of the Merit, including Terracotta. 

@haleyvvvv I own Fenty in Drama Cla$$, too! 

At first I was leaning towards blush, but the more I think about it if I could only choose one I’d need to pick bronzer! I find bronzer can be more versatile. My faves are a discontinued Dior and that pink leopard Too Faced one, as well as a Laura Gellar one. I also love the OG Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer

This is the easiest choice yet lol. Bronzer for sure! I just want to be a bronzed goddess like J.Lo. Is that too much to ask for? 😄

giphy

I've tried many bronzers, but I always go back to Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer . It's that perfect shade that doesn't lean too warm or too cool, works as a beautiful crease shade in a pinch, and HELLO it smells like chocolate! 

😂🤣 @Mcakes Nope totally valid reasoning 😘

But if you think I'm not getting those new Hermes blushes...you're wrong 😛

100% with ya @Mcakes! 👊🏼 

@TeamBIC - BLUSH for me!  I even wear bronzer like blush!  My fave is an indy brand.

I mean I love them both but My go to is bronzer

Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Face & Eye Palette  

This week, I'm voting for blush! I don't really have a natural flush, so I rely on it to bring some life to my face. 😂 Tower 28 Beauty BeachPlease Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Magic Hour is my current fave - it sits really nicely on top of foundation. 

Oooh, I can't wait to try this formula, @GeorginaBT!! Spring sale can't start too soon!! 

3 Replies
testing