cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

Great job!! @makeitup305 I'm impressed

thanks @lmaster !

@makeitup305 Awesome job on decluttering. I should do the same more often. I really did not have too many declutters this year and I ended up accumulating more that I planned. It is so hard for me to get rid of lipsticks and eyeshadow palettes.

@Mellmars1185 these were pretty old (more than 5 years likely) and either dry or off, so they weren't difficult to toss. Powder products are harder for me since they keep so well for so long. I should have decluttered more lipsticks since I have other old ones that likely need to go but I'll attempt that this year. 

@makeitup305, another win from Beauty of Joseon. I love how they have a smaller selection of products but each is well formulated and has good results. 👍🏼 

@itsfi totally agree. I look forward to trying more from the brand in the future.

@makeitup305, if you remember, keep me posted if you discover new loves or must haves from the brand.

Definitely will @itsfi !

Awesome work decluttering @makeitup305

Do you find it hard? I used to struggle letting things go, but once the products spolied there's absolutely not sense in hanging on. I always admire when we're able to say goodbye. 

And excellent empties too! Oooh Skinfix is soo good and reliable.( I like that one a lot. 😉)

@CynthieLu It wasn’t too bad since these were done for (dry, funky smell, weird texture). I definitely have stuff that I should have let go due to how old it is but they still seemed ok so I’m keeping them a little longer. They’re too old to pass along and would otherwise be getting tossed so I’m going to try and give them a little longer before letting go. Sometimes  I get in a purging mood so I’m sure one of these days it’ll be a bigger declutter. If you asked me to go minimalist with my collection, however, I would definitely cry lol

We're not minimalist make up people 😉 lol. I feel you there too, I couldn't. @makeitup305 

December empties 22 (446/600)

IMG_20240102_110844473.jpg

IMG_20240102_110718873.jpg

IMG_20240102_110044676.jpg

Out of all these empties the only one I didn't care for was the Tarte mascara 

Spoiler
Didn't quite hit my goal but 446 products gone??? I'm happy about that! My new goal for 2024 will be 500 empties and declutter

That’s great that there was only the one item you didn’t care for among all your empties @lmaster. I spy iNNBEAUTY PROJECT Slushy Serum Moisturizer Crush Infused with Bakuchiol - such a nice serum. I recently gifted that as part of a skincare surprise. 🎁 Hoping it works well for them too! 🤞🏼 

Oh that's such a great surprise!! @itsfi they will love it, thank you

@lmaster Great job on your empties for the year! How did you like the Innbeauty Slushy Serum? I am going to try it out soon 😊

@Mellmars1185 thank you doll! I really enjoy it, I already have another 😉

Nicely done @lmaster !

Thank you dearly @makeitup305 

Moving out a few Empties, ready for a fresh start to the New Year!

20231231_162429.jpg

Spoiler
All loves ❣️.

20231231_162754.jpg

Spoiler
-The Kwailnara Chocolate Milk Body Cleanser smells straight-up like Hersheys Chocolate Syrup. Absolutely yes.
-Although the Moroccanoil Protect & Prevent Spray 5.4 oz/ 160 mL is designed for color-treated hair (which I don't have) I really enjoy how it acts as a leave-in conditioning product without weighing my hair down. Already repurchased.

-I like a lot of products from Tatcha but Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment did nothing for me and I was happy to finish it and have it out of my collection

-I've probably had the Bliss Micro Magic scrub sitting in my stash for a couple of years (I think I got it in a sub box or something long ago) and I'm so mad at myself for sleeping on it! It's supposed to be a facial scrub--pretty much a dupe for the Dr. Brandt Skincare Mini Microdermabrasion Renewing Age-Defying Face Exfoliator .7 oz / 20 g --but on a whim I also decided to try it mixed in with my body wash and it made an AMAZING body scrub! After that success I even tried adding some to my shampoo and again, literally THE BEST scalp scrub I've ever tried. I bought two more because this was truly an undiscovered Unicorn and now I can't be without it.

-The Glo Skin Beauty exfoliant was fine. Just fine.

20231231_163027.jpg

Spoiler
--The Orly Bonder is great and there's a tiny bit left here but it's so thick that it's not usable. I even tried adding polish thinner and didn't have any success so I called it quits on this one.

--The Tatcha The Deep Cleanse Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser  was nice. Might repurchase later on.

--Once upon a time I was a diehard fan of the Redken 28 hairspray but that was years ago when I actually wanted my hair glued in place. Different time, it's not a fav anymore.

--Dove spray deo is my fav and I happened to have a mini.

--If you missed out on the BBW Mint Chip Cookie Pocket Bac, I'm sorry. I'm glad that I bought extras, lol.

20231231_163117.jpg

Spoiler
--I liked the Tatcha The Silk Cream 1.7 / 50 but I like the Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 
much better.

--Thanks to @eshoe I learned about the Leahlani Mermaid Mask and instantly fell in love. This is the mini but I have a full-size that's currently in rotation.

--For a gentle exfoliating mask, the Lancer Caviar peel is really nice! I actually really liked it and if it wasn't so expensive.

20231231_163159.jpg

Spoiler
The Dior Pink Glow highlight is a declutter; she's OLD, she's had her time and I'm done struggling with the hardpan that inevitably returns.  Byeeeeee.

20231231_163419.jpg

Spoiler
Meh.

@CookieGirl1 Great empties!! The candle scents and sanitizer from B&BW all sound so festive and lovely. Great job decluttering the Dior highlighter. I would have struggled with that.

@CookieGirl1 awesome job!!

10,615 Replies
testing