cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Makeup Is Life
|

Empties - V2

Seeing product empties is so satisfying 🙂

Post your weekly, monthly, quarterly, whenever-ly empties and let us know how you felt about them!

Product-Empties-September-2016-1.jpg

Previous Empties thread:

Spoiler

Re: Empties - V2

It is so good, @Samtian!! I haven't tried the Paula's Choice toner though. I like that, unlike the GR one, it doesn't have any AHAs, and it is gentle enough for everyday use on my dry, sensitive skin.

@haleyvvvv I haven't tried any of her products yet either. 

Sorry, @Samtian, I was incomplete in my thought, I meant I had tried the PC, and they seem to be the fave in this category, so I really like the Pharmacy but with the caveat that I hadn't tried the PC one.

Great job @haleyvvvv! What's the consistency of the L'Oreal ferment pre-essence? Is it more like a toner? Or is it just a lighter essence? This is the first I've heard about "pre-essence" and I'm intrigued...says the girl  trying to reduce the number of steps in her skincare routine. Hahaha!

Thank you, @itsfi!! It's definitely thick and goopy, but in a good way. I think the texture is what is what I like most about it. I don't know why it's called a pre-essence, because it also uses the word serum on the packaging, which would mean its to be used after essences? The branding doesn't make a lot of sense. I liked it as an essence, it's got a thick consistency, which for my dryer skin, helped keep it hydrated to add other products, and its full of fermates. I just tried the Benton essence, which is also thicker and linked that a lot too. Also, in full disclosure I got the L'Oreal as a gratis from Topbox Circle.

That is so interesting @haleyvvvv. The "pre-essence" definitely sounds more like a serum or possibly an ampoule even, depending on how thick it is. Benton makes some fantastic products; their serum has a big following. There's so much really good skincare out there. On the one hand, I loooove that! So nice to have good options. On the other hand, it presents so many distractions when trying to manage and curate my skincare library. 

@haleyvvvv you got through a bunch of products! 🙌

Thank you, @lmaster!! Too many skin care steps+DS sizes=all of the empties.

@haleyvvvv that Benton Snail Bee Essence is soooooo good🥰

Yessss, agreed @eshoe and @haleyvvvv - that essence is amazing! 

@quspork @eshoe I definitely want to try the full size when I've worked through a little more of Mt stash, but its definitely one of the best ones I've tried. 

@haleyvvvv @quspork not sure if you meant to say “Mt stash” or my stash, but I am cracking up! Mount stash sounds about right😂

Mt Stash definitely works @eshoe @haleyvvvv 😂

c398918e9484a9bcff19092dde3157b4

@eshoe 😂😂😂 definitely meant my stash, but Mount Stash is accurate and what it will be henceforth known as. 🤣 

Sounds about perfect @haleyvvvv 😂🤣😂

@quspork I am finishing my Missha now but will be picking up more Benton when my no buy is over🥰 

July Empties! Slowly moving along.

JulyEmp.jpgJulyMaskEmp.jpg

Spoiler

FS

Amika Reset Clarifying Gel Shampoo and Gel Conditioner - these were gratis and fun to use. The shampoo was my favorite, I used it when I needed a light-deep cleansing. My daughter used these as well, and they worked better on her hair than mine. Not a repurchase, but very nice to be able to try out.

Bioderma Sensible Micellar Water - I’ve lost count on how many I’ve purchased at this point. A couple of backups in the waiting. My eyes need this gentle cleanser, I am so incredibly thankful to have discovered it thanks to this lovely BIC community. 

Bite Cream Lip Gloss Lavender Pearl - a declutter. The shade is very unappealing on me, though I love the formula.

Crème Shop Clear the Way Rosewater Towelettes - these were handy, and I like that they are cruelty-free. Gentle and not drying. Thank you @missjeanie for sending this well-loved goody my way 🙂

Josie Maran Divine Drip Argan Oil and Honey Balm - this marshmallow scented cream is what I would use every night if I could. The scent, absorbency, and richness are such a treat. LOVE.

Lue by Jean Seo Balance Hydrating and Calming Serum - this is a very good Peach & Lily Glass Serum dupe. Slightly thicker, bur behaves similarly on skin for a fraction of the price.

Real Mary by Rated Green Purifying Scalp Scaler - I’m not real certain what this product does, but it seemed to help deep clean my hair. Wouldn’t repurchase because I prefer the Living Proof Triple Detox for a thorough bimonthly cleaning.

Sephora Collection Melting Shower Jelly Pillow Battle - this was a very nice shower gel, and one I would repurchase if it were available. The scent is somewhat like baby oil, but not quite. 

Stila Shimmer & Glow Vivid Sapphire - another declutter. It’s so pretty but I never wear it.

Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask - love this type of product in a squeezable tube! Easy and clean application. Like a very thick moisturizer, with a barely there (very, very subtle) medicinal scent. I had this a little over a year and it started to smell off, so I finished it up as a foot cream.

Trader Joe’s Cranberry Pine candle - I ran out of scented candles and found this in my closet. So it was Christmas in July:) This is a really good blend, not too pine-y, and just the right amount of fruitiness.

Trader Joe’s Green Tea Scrub - love TJ’s scrubs. @Shosh85 thank you very much for this little treat, it was great!

Village Naturals Glacier Zest Iceland Body Butter - one of my last in-store purchases. The scent is Lysol strong so it was immediately a foot balm. Worked great as such!

DS

Acure Resurfacing Glycol & Unicorn Root Cleanser - this was just ok. Too drying for my skin, and I don’t need to add another acidic product to my routine for sure! 

Elemis Superfood Berry Boost Mask - I really enjoyed this clay purifying mask, but I really don’t need another. The purple color and bits of something (blueberry?) are lovely. If this were strictly a hydrating mask, would 100% repurchase.  

Elemis Superfood Blackcurrant Jelly Exfoliator - Feels more like a mask than a cleanser. A fairly thick eggplant-colored gel, with a slight fruity scent. The granules are gentle and feel bouncy. Might repurchase at some point, as it is pleasant to use.

Josie Maran Argan Oil - this was from a multi set and the scent is off so I am decluttering

Moroccanoil Color Depositing Mask Bordeaux - I saw the reviews and was still curious. This colored my hands and bathtub more than it did my medium brown hair. Disappointing shade pay-off, but the scent is nice 😉

Moroccanoil Treatment - once I get through my DS stash of this product, I will repurchase. Anytime these come up as promo, I snag one. Thanks to the recent one, I have restocked my stash 🙂

Nest Wild Poppy - both poppy scents I have tried haven’t been my cup of tea (Jo Malone was the other). 

Peach & Lily Glass Skin Refining Serum - works as a solid day serum for me, very lightweight. Does provide a nice dewy base, and I am happy to have a FS backup now.

Tarte Ready Set Radiant - worked ok but seemed to leave my skin a little tacky.

Foils

Barefoot Scientist High Dive Foot Cream - Loved this little sample. Very rich, not greasy - another future purchase.

Caudalie Instant Detox Mask - this surprised me, as I expected a charcoal or white clay mask and it was pink. Loved the scent, reminds me of ylang-ylang (and also of the Petal mask). A good option for a future detox mask for me.

Drybar Liquid Glass Shampoo and Conditioner - although these were the best products I’ve tried from the brand, my hair just doesn’t respond the best to their products. Loved the scent.

Esteé Lauder Advanced Night Repair - worked fine.

Exuviance Vitamin C Serum Capsules - these were fun to use, and I really liked the serum. It is a thick, light yellow gel/cream with what feels like vitamin C powder (similar to the Kiehl’s Powerful-Strength Vitamin C Serum). In fact, it is very similar, and although I’m not a huge fan of the waste involved with the individual capsules, they would be great for travel. 

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic - I guess I’m on a citrus kick; this is a really lovely and bright perfume! A future purchase, and could work as a dupe for the Acqua di Parma Fico I recently fell in love with, as they are extraordinarily similar. 

Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint - I was very excited to try this, but the shade closest to my skin color had a strange gray tint. I tried the others, but the scent was a bit off. Still, I would give this another try if I could.

It’s Skin Dual Essential Fluid Day/Night - Loved the night version, it has a fresh, clean almost bamboo scent and although lightweight compared to most night moisturizers, kept my skin from feeling dry in the morning (thank you @Shosh85!) . 

Milk + Honey Body Wash No 16 - this has a true cardamom scent and was very pleasant to use. Would 100% buy the FS of this. 

PMG Labs Skin Fetish: Sublime Perfection Foundation - this was nice to wear and try. It felt very lightweight, yet covered well. There wasn’t enough product for me to see how it would work on a full face. Would like to try this again.

Sachajuan Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner - I already own the FS conditioner, I had been saving these to share and discovered they were expired, so I went ahead and used them. 

Sephora Clay Mask Sample Trio - I’ve used this a few times, for the price I think these are fantastic little no-nonsense masks.

Smith & Cult Locked & Lit CBD Lip Balm - loved this green, goopy gel. The scent is sweet, fruity - if it is available in a tube, I would repurchase.

Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay - This is a declutter. I was trying to find a dupe awhile back for the original Hourglass Veil; this was not it but sufficed. 

Tatcha The Liquid Silk Canvas  - I was a fan of the Silk Canvas, so was really excited to try this. Ever since the switch from three to two free samples, I have almost always received the samples I have requested. I would much rather have two samples of something I will use and possibly buy, than three samples I won’t! Kudos 🙂 This is much easier and less fussy to apply than the original; if I repurchased one, I would go for this over the pan. Still experienced a bit of pilling under makeup, which was frustrating.

The 7 Virtues Vanilla Woods -  I wouldn’t have guessed this to be a vanilla perfume. It reminds me of the scent of old smoking pipes. It also reminds me of SDJ’s LE Body Spray Scent 2, which I love and have been rationing. Purchased the rollerball and have been wearing it regularly. It will make a nice fall scent, too..

YTD 
Sheet Masks223
FS76
DS90
Foils78
Total467

So many empties @eshoe! That reminds me to use that amika gratis. Another thing hidden and resurfaced during the move. How would you describe your daughter's hair since it worked better for her?

@ShortErica, thin but plentiful. She also has a fairly oily scalp, always has; where I have not. So I think with this type of product, she can get more use out of it than someone like me. 

Thanks for sharing @eshoe. That's great it works for her. I've got to put it in my queue. I appreciate the reminder and the cabinets filled quickly and I'm already losing track of things. 😂

Holy poop, @eshoe!  That's an impressive amount of empties!

10,615 Replies
testing